Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just remember that we've never heard anything about a Mandalorian set. It just leaked with TROS sets, and it was a huge surprise.

Also, WandaVision got moved up a few months, so we're not sure if we get sets based on it this year.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I hope I can be that optimistic like you. I love the buggy build and Iron Venom but that's about it.

I don’t consider myself optimistic but rather realistic. Yes the buggy looks grand.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I don’t consider myself optimistic but rather realistic. Yes the buggy looks grand.

I’m a pretty big fan of the Venom Crawler and Iron Venom, but I think the buggy is the least exciting part of the set.

12 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

I’m a pretty big fan of the Venom Crawler and Iron Venom, but I think the buggy is the least exciting part of the set.

I’m glad there’s people that like the set. I was beginning to think I was outnumbered.

Lego superheroes theme in some variation or another has been going for almost a decade. That's almost 10 years of data on what sells and what doesn't. if they're only releasing vehicles it's because that's what sells. You guys keep bringing up all these sets from the past that were really good play sets and buildings. If those sets did so well, they would make more of them. They are a business. They follow what works.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, Captain_MKA said:

Coincidently, the rock people do exist in Star Wars

I would also do the same thing, with the rock people acting like the Geonosians, using crystals to either power new devices or assembling the super laser for the Death Star.

CD338764-71D9-4A71-8203-9A509681680E.jpeg

Don't wanna get too off topic here, but that comic is awesome! Can't believe Vader was almost killed by C3PO!

Set descriptions of the new sets, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

- 76151: black reptile mech (?) with Spidey, Venom :laugh_hard:, Iron Spider & Spider-ham

- 76152: „Wrath of Loki“: Tower, small Quinjet, Loki’s speeder with Loki, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel

- 76153: Helicarrier with Fury, Captain Marvel, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, War Machine with new shoulder gun, agent, brick-built MODOK

Edited by Lego-Freak

I wonder what the agents are, SHIELD one would assume, but what if it's SWORD

EDIT: what if it's classic AIM troopers

Edited by steveholt

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Set descriptions of the new sets, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

- 76151: black reptile mech (?) with Spidey, Venom :laugh_hard:, Iron Spider & Spider-ham

- 76152: „Wrath of Loki“: Tower, small Quinjet, Loki’s speeder with Loki, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel

- 76153: Helicarrier with Fury, Captain Marvel, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, War Machine with new shoulder gun, agent, brick-built MODOK

Don't forget about Eternals sets! Now I am excited!

And the Eternals sets cost 10, 20, 60 and 100 euro so we'll definetely get at least one figure of every Eternal. So far the only ones that I'm interested in are the 4 Eternals sets and the Black Widow set. The rest sound meh to me and they're not MCU related so I'm definetely not buying them. I do hope Rescue's inclusion in the Hulkbuster set will result in a price decrease on Bricklink, really want that figure but the Helicopter Drop set is overpriced garbage.

I'll reserve my final judgements for the setpictures though

Edited by Guyon2002

Wow these are sounding interesting. So 2 avenger towers? Regular with 5 floors and 4+ with 2. I believe Modok was already teased a few days ago by FalconFan1414, would be cool to see him in the Helicarier. Which sounds very promising with the Quinjet that can land on it. I wonder how they'll pull that off. Not sure what the Hulk buster without a hulk is all about. Might be purplish blue like the rescue suit?

Minifigure selection also sounds good, with a Hulk in the 4+ set and which I could only assume are a comic based Captain Marvel + Nick Fury. I assume the agents are Hydra agents considering we get Red Skull?

The price for the helicarier sounds kinda odd. And since it's a $199,99 marvel set it might be related to that new zebra thing?

Anyway I think I might pick up the 2 avenger towers and the Helicarier.

Btw  Avengers tower sounds like it's inspired by Avengers 2012 movie with inclusion of Captain Marvel. Kinda goes along with rumored Iron Man 1 esqe set this summer. Are we really getting remake of some Mcu sets?

Edited by benderisgreat

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

The price for the helicarier sounds kinda odd. And since it's a $199,99 marvel set it might be related to that new zebra thing?

It costs 120 euro

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Btw  Avengers tower sounds like it's inspired by Avengers 2012 movie with inclusion of Captain Marvel. Kinda goes along with rumored Iron Man 1 esqe set this summer. Are we really getting remake software Mcu sets?

Well it's a 4+ set after all, so I wouldn't call it a remake. I assume they kinda break the regular lineup like the junior sets did as well.

On a sidenote, is it just me or does that spider-ham set sounds exactly the same as the iron-venom set but with some different figures? Black crawling vehicle? Check! Small side vehicle with stud shooters? Check!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It costs 120 euro

Oh yes you're right,  I'm sorry. Still mixes them up from time to time as my brain just reads over the €, £ and $ signs xD.

Seriously, what is their obsession with Venom? Sure, Venom 2 is on the horizon, but three sets with him in one year is a bit overkill :laugh_hard: But Spider-Ham is a great addition at least. So, how about a set in 2021 with SP//dr to complete the Spider-Verse cast? Gotta include Venom though :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah these sound absolutely amazing! Yes the venom set is weird...but spider ham! Also the avengers sets sound like they will be amazing

As long as minifigs have leg prints they should be good:laugh:

Haven't been too impressed with the 2020 sets so far but these sound promising. I'm interested to see how they pull off the Helicarrier at a smaller scale to the D2C one. Nice to hear Spider-Ham is on the way and Rescue will be appearing in another set. Hopefully Black Widow will be based on the comics or video game. Will be a shame if they cheapen out and just reuse the same MCU figure from the Helicopter Chase.

Don’t get your hopes up for a big helicarrier. If a quinjet and a brick-built modok are included, the helicarrier might be quite small.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

These sets sounds amazing! I hope we see pictures soon. I'm very excited to see the figures. 

Tbh, reading all the descriptions on what is gonna be included. I think I'm very interested in Modok. 

Just now, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

We will still be getting a Falcon/Winter Soldier set right? I mean I really need my Zemo figure haha.

With all excitement over this news I totally forgot about Falcon and winter soldier set. Mu guess is its either another retail exclusive or one of Eternals set was mistakenly called this and actually I'd F&ws set.

Whoah, lots of interesting leaks pouring in all of the sudden!
The Helicarrier, Avengers Tower. Wrath of Loki and Hulkbuster sound very cool, especially minifig-wise!
Of course, it's always a matter of 'wait and see', but nevertheless :purrr:
The Spider-Man set with the 'large black lizard mech' sounds intruiging as well, definitely with Spider-Ham's inclusion

Really hope one of those Iron Man figs is an Original Sin variant :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Am I the only one who is super hyped for all the marvel sets coming? I mean even the 4+ set sounds great! Love that red skull is returning. Just everything about this wave I love

Yeah this sounds like an all around fantastic wave! Super excited to see the Eternals sets. All that's missing is a Falcon and Winter Soldier set and like others have said, I could see one of the Eternals sets actually being for the show instead. (probably either the $25 one to give us Falcon, Bucky and Zemo or the $60 with those 3 plus US Agent and Agent 13)