Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

I think kids gravitate much more to outlandish vehicles like these ones, especially younger kids between 8-12. Getting a normal subway or an office building, no matter how comic-relevant or pleasing to AFOLs, is usually less exciting to the majority of children than a vehicle with a dynamic and fun action feature, such as a crawling mech.

I can't agree with you on that. Back when I was a kid, when the Spider-Man 2 sets were coming out, I absolutely loved the Spider-Man Subway set, as well as the Bank and the bridge with cable car. (Doc Ock's hideout not so much as it kept falling apart because of the play feature, so I rebuild it in something I did like) + I always wanted to get my hands on the origins set because of the transforming green goblin feature. A while ago, when I talked with my friends (who aren't into Lego), the subject of lego came up and they all mentioned how much they loved the spider-man sets as kids, especially the subway because (like me) they loved to reenact that particular scene from the movie. Or the bridge were they let spider-man hang from and swing from the cable car. When I look at children playing with Lego nowadays, I usually see them building things like towers and stuff with the occasional spider-man hanging from it. The pieces in buildings are also way better to build something completely different with, which is what children eventually love the most about Lego when they're done playing with the regular build. With all these things like mechs and motorcycles most pieces serve as a particular part of the build, hard to reuse in other scenarios unless you have a bunch of spair pieces laying around. My point is children do love buildings, they're usually the one thing they make on their own + they probably sell better to girls than vehicles. Children also love to get things they recognise, they want imitate the things they see. That's probably why lego city keeps doing so well, with the fire department, police, ambulance. In spider-man's case they mostly want to replicate the movies, especially the Web swinging, that's were spider-man is known for, that's why the ps4 game sold so well, so that people could crawl into the skin of spider-man and swing around the city, that's the first thing most people did while playing the game. Yet it barely appears in the sets.

But that's just what I got from my personal observation, might be completely different somewhere else.

The hell?

How come they release pretty much the same sets every 6 months? 

Do they really expect Marvel fans to buy a recolor of the set they already own?

At this point the builds are becoming just an excuse to sell Marvel minifigures

Dude even the characters. ANOTHER Venom?

What's next Venom Aunt May? 

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

I think kids gravitate much more to outlandish vehicles like these ones, especially younger kids between 8-12. Getting a normal subway or an office building, no matter how comic-relevant or pleasing to AFOLs, is usually less exciting to the majority of children than a vehicle with a dynamic and fun action feature, such as a crawling mech.

I don't know, in my experiance with superhero sets, kids prefer to have buildings or terrain to "destroy", like the sanctum and bridge sets. Heck, my neighbors have a couple 6 yr olds that play with the figures on the sanctum, but apparently disregard most vehicles.

That set is pathetic. One new figure and nearly an identical build to one 6 months ago. The only halfway interesting thing is the Venomized Iron Man and the Spiderbuggy which is finally a Spider-man vehicle that fits since it was in the comics and it looks okay for what it is. 

i bought all the spiderman sets but stopped with the past wave only going to be getting the figures of comic Mysterio, Spider Noir, and Spidergirl. With this set I will now be getting just the ironman venom variant. Im so sick of lego marvel and lego dc disregarding all other characters other than batman and spiderman the sets suck give us more MCU sets its what the people want

Id take a terrible MCU set than a terrible spiderman set tbh

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know, in my experiance with superhero sets, kids prefer to have buildings or terrain to "destroy", like the sanctum and bridge sets. Heck, my neighbors have a couple 6 yr olds that play with the figures on the sanctum, but apparently disregard most vehicles.

When I was a kid collecting Star Wars Lego, I'd always like having the recognisable characters and the vehicles more than location sets because, unlike with the location sets, I could imagine them anywhere; from Utapau to (the forest moon of) Endor to the far reaches of space. With location play sets, it limited the adventure to one location on one planet. Just offering a differing perspective on it.

11 minutes ago, ood0 said:

When I was a kid collecting Star Wars Lego, I'd always like having the recognisable characters and the vehicles more than location sets because, unlike with the location sets, I could imagine them anywhere; from Utapau to (the forest moon of) Endor to the far reaches of space. With location play sets, it limited the adventure to one location on one planet. Just offering a differing perspective on it.

True, but SW universe has a ton of recognizable vehicles unlike Marvel. Which is the reason why everyone complains about another oversized bike and trucks every year.

26 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Star Wars is a really different kind of theme. It's a space movie so the spaceships matter, just like with a racing movie the cars matter and with a pirate movie the ships matter. +in star wars ships are basically the locations. I think few people would argue with you if you said the Millenium Falcon was the most important location in the movies (or something like that, you get the point).

While with super heroes the movies are really about the heroes so you want sets that represent the heroes well. Swinging in between buildings for spidy, mansion and labs for Iron Man, something to smash for the hulk. It's only with heroes like the guardians where spaceships are suddenly important again. Or with sets centered around shield (like Nick Fury for example). Or the plane for Captain America the first avenger. Lego seems unable to find a nice balance in these marvel sets nowadays. While a theme like Harry Potter has found the perfect balance between locations, vehicles, play features and creatures. But that's just my opinion.

39 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I agree, I never bought any playsets except for the 2011 police station which I basically used as a dollhouse for my star wars stuff. But then again I would also pretend the powerminers were seperatists so maybe trying to understand the actions of yourself as a kid is kind of impossible.

2 minutes ago, Roody said:

I agree, I never bought any playsets except for the 2011 police station which I basically used as a dollhouse for my star wars stuff. But then again I would also pretend the powerminers were seperatists so maybe trying to understand the actions of yourself as a kid is kind of impossible.

Haha, the universes you’d create as a kid were the best. Every once in a while I’ll look through my minifigure bins and see a face print that would be the villain of my fictional world and revel in the memory of good times.

Also, playsets tend to be more expensive. The biggest set I had when I was younger was the Batcave. This is why Juniors/4+ sets that are locations, despite being so simple, are so valuable. I think if Lego did smaller ($25-$30) location sets that weren’t so Junior-ized, kids and adults alike would buy them.

39 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I wasn’t paying full attention, but ‘Venom Aunt May vs Powerminer Separatists’ sounds great; thanks Lego!

? I need a moc of this now.

In the end I guess it's really the childs imagination were the sets should be all about.

That reminds new of how back in the day at first I used to have Spider-Man and Doc ock as live entertainment/acrobats on a cruiseship I build from old sets.

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

The problem here is star wars is so different from marvel. With star wars, the vehicles and figures make the sets, whereas in marvel it's almost entirely figures. They're very different themes in terms of what in them people want.

More playsets like the construction site battle with Rhino and a the Bridge battle would be awseome for spideman and Avenger sets!

22 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I can't agree with you on that. Back when I was a kid, when the Spider-Man 2 sets were coming out, I absolutely loved the Spider-Man Subway set, as well as the Bank and the bridge with cable car. (Doc Ock's hideout not so much as it kept falling apart because of the play feature, so I rebuild it in something I did like) + I always wanted to get my hands on the origins set because of the transforming green goblin feature. A while ago, when I talked with my friends (who aren't into Lego), the subject of lego came up and they all mentioned how much they loved the spider-man sets as kids, especially the subway because (like me) they loved to reenact that particular scene from the movie. Or the bridge were they let spider-man hang from and swing from the cable car. When I look at children playing with Lego nowadays, I usually see them building things like towers and stuff with the occasional spider-man hanging from it. The pieces in buildings are also way better to build something completely different with, which is what children eventually love the most about Lego when they're done playing with the regular build. With all these things like mechs and motorcycles most pieces serve as a particular part of the build, hard to reuse in other scenarios unless you have a bunch of spair pieces laying around. My point is children do love buildings, they're usually the one thing they make on their own + they probably sell better to girls than vehicles. Children also love to get things they recognise, they want imitate the things they see. That's probably why lego city keeps doing so well, with the fire department, police, ambulance. In spider-man's case they mostly want to replicate the movies, especially the Web swinging, that's were spider-man is known for, that's why the ps4 game sold so well, so that people could crawl into the skin of spider-man and swing around the city, that's the first thing most people did while playing the game. Yet it barely appears in the sets.

But that's just what I got from my personal observation, might be completely different somewhere else.

It was probably way easier to get ahold of movie information back then. Weird Al wrote “The Saga Begins” from internet spoilers and the video game due to the fact that he couldn’t get an advanced screening. Now, with everything becoming more and more secretive, companies will get less information on the movies in advanced causing them to have to fill in more and more “information holes” themselves

7 hours ago, Roody said:

Coincidently, the rock people do exist in Star Wars

I would also do the same thing, with the rock people acting like the Geonosians, using crystals to either power new devices or assembling the super laser for the Death Star.

CD338764-71D9-4A71-8203-9A509681680E.jpeg

Just now, SuperGrover said:

Does anyone know if set 76151 is still happening? Cuz that’s supposed to be a venom set, too...

I would assume this is what we were thinking 76151 was.

This new revealed marvel set looks amazing!! The vehicle is very well made and the minifigure selection is awesome! Great job Lego! 

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This new revealed marvel set looks amazing!! The vehicle is very well made and the minifigure selection is awesome! Great job Lego! 

I hope I can be that optimistic like you. I love the buggy build and Iron Venom but that's about it.

Lego needs to sell sets and Disney wants their money. Ergo, no more good sets, just rehashes for eternity. And of course mechs and ugly redundand vehicles. 
Yay! 

If we were getting sets based off the disney plus shows, wouldn't we have gotten info on them by now? I don't mean set descriptions or pictures I just mean to know of their existence in general

Just now, TOTDForever said:

If we were getting sets based off the disney plus shows, wouldn't we have gotten info on them by now? I don't mean set descriptions or pictures I just mean to know of their existence in general

The first show doesn't release for more than 6 months. We likely won't be seeing any related sets until after the next wave of sets. 

12 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The first show doesn't release for more than 6 months. We likely won't be seeing any related sets until after the next wave of sets. 

I think one set per show is probably likely 

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Not necessarily, however Lego usually doesn't put that much faith in tv shows. I mean look at the lack of mandalorian sets this year (from what the rumors tell us) so you might be right. Would be another missed opportunity on lego's part. But we didn't get sets for the marvel shows prior to disney+ either so I wouldn't really be too surprised.

This is Disney+ we talking about. Not to mention these shows are legit and confirmed to be connected to MCU. Mando gets a set. I can see it happening with the rest of MCU-Disney+ shows too.