Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I legitimately feel bad for those who where looking forward to getting the Venomized Iron-Man. I personally really dislike the figure so there's no reason for me to pick up this set but my god this is awfull. They weren't even trying....

This set kinda sucks. More repeat minifigures with more vehicles. 

Another Spidey repeat, another Carnage repeat (this time without tentacles), and Venomized Iron Man, which doesn't look bad, but I have zero interest in this minifig.

The vehicles... well I think they are better than the whole January wave. Venom Crawler is like a Venomized version of Spider Crawler, and it's a nice idea executed quite well. Spider Car is actually awesome. It's the only Spider Vehicle (apart from Mech from the 76115) which I really like, this one is so silly :laugh_hard:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Thank god Lego Marvel can't seem to make a good set to save their lives, all the more money I'll have for the Clone Wars revival sets.

I don't buy any of these sets anymore, but... at least, unlike other recent Spidey vehicles, that little car works as a little car. Stupid garish colours, sure, but it's just a little buggy that looks decidedly 90s with a few modern pieces.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

I don't buy any of these sets anymore, but... at least, unlike other recent Spidey vehicles, that little car works as a little car. Stupid garish colours, sure, but it's just a little buggy that looks decidedly 90s with a few modern pieces.

That set looks awful but I agree with you, the buggy looks neat qnd kinda reminds me of the famous Spider Buggy from the old comics.

In what world does the buggy look anything other than terrible? Are Spider-Man fans getting so desperate to find something decent in these sets that they're at the point where they would consider that tiny, malformed buggy a good build?

My opinion on the set:

The venom crawler is a carbon copy as the one from 2019, painted black and white. The build is also as ugly as its twin brother known as the spider crawler. 

It has the same carnage (without tentacles), the same Spiderman figure as always, and a venomized iron man that only collectors would buy the set for it.

The spider-buggy is hideous, kill it with fire.

overall, bad set, do not buy it, save your money for something else.

edit: Why couldn’t it have been a play-set like the atm bank  with a different villain like the lizard (Heck, they could’ve made a small sewer base for lizard) or comic Shocker. I am sick of venom. 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

In what world does the buggy look anything other than terrible? Are Spider-Man fans getting so desperate to find something decent in these sets that they're at the point where they would consider that tiny, malformed buggy a good build?

In fairness, the spider buggy is ugly and small in the comics too. So it kind of works.

Edited by strangely

39 minutes ago, strangely said:

In fairness, the spider buggy is ugly and small in the comics too. So it kind of works.

I didn't even know it really existed :laugh_hard: That thing is hilarious. I would only buy that as a joke, but still, a very funny one xD

I generally don’t mind all the Marvel vehicles as much as other people, although this year’s wave was testing my patience since it was so similar to last year’s. This Venom Crawler set looks cool, but holy hell am I sick of crawlers, and I say that as someone who loved the 2019 one. Venomized Iron Man is nice but needs leg printing and Carnage just looks weird without any kind of tentacle attachment to me. That Spider buggy looks surprisingly good! I just really hope the Avengers summer sets are better and offer something new. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Well, another day, another disappointing Marvel set! Just a spider-crawler in black, Lego is really running out of ideas at this point. Why do they constantly make vehicles especially for the characters who don't even use them?! I mean they could have had some cool playset with some small NY building or a lab or something like this, but nope. Another giant robot it is!

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

They could do so many things other than vehicles: a new Daily Bugle, a secret lair/lab, Street Lights, or regular New York locations like Central Park, Statue of Liberty. Or if they really need to make vehicles do things based on New York like a taxi or subway.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, the closest we’ll probably get to those nowadays is the background of the box art. :cry_sad:

I like the original Spider-Crawler set better overall because of that cool Vulture and that amazing Sandman. I never built the crawler itself but this one actually looks better and not so much like a hodge-podge of pieces. I kind of wish Venomized Iron Man was a GWP though.

And yes, the Buggy does look pretty nice. :laugh:

Well . . um . . well . . um.

I just don’t know what to say about this. It’s awful? It’s ugly? It’s not even original? It doesn't even share the redeeming trait of last year’s Crawler by using at least sixteen of those new 1x1 SNOT parts? Where do I begin? 

As a rule, I tend to find something redeeming in even the worst sets and buy them anyway. The Spider-Bike last year, the Spider-Jet this year, those were acceptable. But this . . I’ve never given up on a set and just ordered the exclusive minifigure on BrickLink before but this might be the first time. 

If there actually is some kind of story here, involving Venom taking over the Crawler from last year, then I guess that’s cool? But just . . . I’d rather buy another CITY police vehicle. There, I said it. This is a new low. 

Honestly, that spider buggy is a great little build. Other than that and Iron Venom though...not a lot for me in this one. Easy pass like most of last year. My wallet appreciates it, but my heart doesn't :cry_sad:

I need me that Buggy!!

But... I mean... I didn't mind the last wave, even if Spider Man didn't NEED the vehicles, but this new wave has been crappy and full of too many repeats. If I had to guess, the next wave would probably look like this:

*Sandman's Rampage: 4+. Spider Man riding a forklift. Sandman is in a construction site. Also includes a police officer

*Mysterio jet escape: Spider Man and Spider Punk on a Spider Boat, following Mysterio in a small plane. Mysterio is same as the 4+ from this year, which most people bought only for him, discarding everything else in the set (which is basically how I wasted £25 on Doc Ock)

*Shocker Bank Heist: 4+. Spider Man and Miles Morales. Small bank build. Shocker is comic book design, rides a motorbike. Miles has a 4+ type car in his colours

*Spider Tank vs Venom Mech: Spider Man, Superior Spider Man, Venom and Green Goblin (yes the 4+ one). Venom mech is bigger than the newest one, and has tendrils on its back

13 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

They could do so many things other than vehicles: a new Daily Bugle, a secret lair/lab, Street Lights, or regular New York locations like Central Park, Statue of Liberty. Or if they really need to make vehicles do things based on New York like a taxi or subway. 

I can’t believe they keep missing the obvious slam dunk of the Thanoscopter.

The story it’s in is basically like a set description anyway - 1x helicopter, 1x villain, 1x Spiderman, 1x random other hero, 1x child on skateboard with ice-cream.

Good kids’ set. Good set for adults to buy ironically. Win-Win.

23 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I can’t believe they keep missing the obvious slam dunk of the Thanoscopter.

The story it’s in is basically like a set description anyway - 1x helicopter, 1x villain, 1x Spiderman, 1x random other hero, 1x child on skateboard with ice-cream.

Good kids’ set. Good set for adults to buy ironically. Win-Win.

Yeah what's up with that Lego? The one vehicle we want :laugh_hard:

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I legitimately feel bad for those who where looking forward to getting the Venomized Iron-Man. I personally really dislike the figure so there's no reason for me to pick up this set but my god this is awfull. They weren't even trying....

yeah, i won't be getting the iron man unless he's cheap on bricklink. He's not worth...that.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it’s a nice little set, even though the only big draw is Venom Iron Man. It’s not too expensive and Carnage is always a good seller

Yes. once again, people will only buy lego marvel for the minifigures. Question though, this is an 8+ set. I know (will ferrel voice) "it's just a suggestion", but is there any child 8 or over who would rather have a spider-buggy and whatever venom has than, say, a subway, or part of the daily bugle?

I want more buildings and locations and less vehicles in the Marvel sets.

Sets like the Spider-Man Daily Bugle set (with the big screens of Jameson) or the Rhino and Sandman set with the construction site and crane or the suspension bridge set or that hall of armor from last year (a set I still have yet to obtain due to the high price here in Australia)

This is the first time I'm so severely disappointed in a marvel superheroes set. I mean, last year's compound was tolerable, and I didn't care for any part of this year's spider bike, but does a set like this really need to have an exclusive figure that I want? I'll take a repeated, but new build any day over literal recolor. Also, what is the price of this thing? I've seen both $30 and $40 being thrown around, which is it? If it's forty, I'm even more mad, because it's just less stuff for the same price as the last one.

Oh well. The summer wave better pay off...

I wish sets like the x-men jet and the second quinjet. Those were cool looking and came with excellent figures. 

My last hope is the avangers tower but I don't think it will be complete. 

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

yeah, i won't be getting the iron man unless he's cheap on bricklink. He's not worth...that.

Yes. once again, people will only buy lego marvel for the minifigures. Question though, this is an 8+ set. I know (will ferrel voice) "it's just a suggestion", but is there any child 8 or over who would rather have a spider-buggy and whatever venom has than, say, a subway, or part of the daily bugle?

I think kids gravitate much more to outlandish vehicles like these ones, especially younger kids between 8-12. Getting a normal subway or an office building, no matter how comic-relevant or pleasing to AFOLs, is usually less exciting to the majority of children than a vehicle with a dynamic and fun action feature, such as a crawling mech.

That being said, the fact that this is almost directly a recolor of last year's set is really, really poor. What is with the Spider-Man line and rehashes upon rehashes of literally the same vehicles from less than a year ago?

The only recolor of a Spider-Man vehicle that has ever made sense or will ever make sense is to recolor this Spider-Buggy into Shocker’s colors and give us the Shocker-Buggy with a classic Shocker!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who has read The Superior Foes of Spider-Man knows what I’m talking about. :grin_wub:

Its the perfect meeting ground for TLG, KFOLS, and AFOLS. You have a jarring color scheme, a cool vehicle, and comic accuracy with a classic figure. Shocker-Buggy or go megabluck yourself!!!

Edited by Legocity2713