Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, Hythonia said:

Now that the X-Men rights are in Disney's hands, does anyone have any ideas on when we could start seeing new X-Men sets?

Disney have always had the toy rights to X-men (just the film and TV rights they didn't own), thats why we were able to get 2 Lego X-men sets several years ago.

They chose not to do any more as they didn't want to promote something they didn't fully own.

Any idea what „hel“ or „AT“ could stand for? Some people speculate that the latter could be „Avengers Tower“, which is not unreasonable, given the price point. :classic:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Any idea what „hel“ or „AT“ could stand for? Some people speculate that the latter could be „Avengers Tower“, which is not unreasonable, given the price point. :classic:

I'm guessing "hel" means Helmet. Since we are rumored to be getting an Lego Iron Man Helmet bust

Just now, JediJosh said:

I'm guessing "hel" means Helmet. Since we are rumored to be getting an Lego Iron Man Helmet bust

Good point, the price is also similar... Too bad Libreria Rayula don‘t have the set numbers in their systems, otherwise this would be a non-issue :grin:

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Marvel Zebra set's price is 140€.

As discussed over in the Zebra thread, the four sets all have the exact same price point, which indicates that they have comparable piece counts and thus builds. Busts have now been ruled out with the the announcement of the Iron Man bust/helmet, so it‘s as mysterious as ever what they could be.
I know it‘s been somewhat debunked, but my money‘s still on Mosaics: aimed at adults; something new; plus guaranteed similar price points :tongue:

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I want to believe it but why put a classic in it, if we are talking about Tower surely many people want the 2012 one. So I dunno, I'm not leaning towards the tower word.

But what interests me the most that these all seem like a medium to large-sized sets. Not unless it is 1:1 scale of something.

Classic Hulk (Hulkbuster); $40

Classic Hel (Iron Man's helmet); $60

Classic At (Avengers Tower); $100

According to @Falconfan1414 there will also be 3 other sets.

Looking forward to the Avengers Tower, if it's another wave based on the game, we could get at least 3 more AIM soldiers :grin:

Edited by Quicksilver838

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Looking forward to the Avengers Tower, if it's based on the game like this wave, we could get at least 3 more AIM soldiers :grin:

The moment when you realize this game might get more sets than Endgame...

A new Avengers Tower is a nice surprise. Looking forward to seeing how much they've improved it over the previous model.

Oh geez 

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Classic Hulk (Hulkbuster); $40

Classic Hel (Iron Man's helmet); $60

Classic At (Avengers Tower); $100

According to @Falconfan1414 there will also be 3 other sets.

Looking forward to the Avengers Tower, if it's based on the game like this wave, we could get at least 3 more AIM soldiers :grin:

We already got Ironman,Thor, Cap, Hawkeye and Black Panther. 

Atleast in the game we are still missing Kamala, Antman and Black Widow.

I do hope tho Classic means = 2012 Avengers

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I do hope tho Classic means = 2012 Avengers

I think that’s unlikely just because Hulkbuster didn’t appear until AOU

8 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I think that’s unlikely just because Hulkbuster didn’t appear until AOU

You're right. These aren't based on MCU.

We could be getting a mixed of both SE Game & Comics (tho comics is pretty similar with MCU one) 

Maybe classic refers to the comics? I'm just hoping we'll get a Zemo figure... I've been waiting for that one for so long. Ideally I'd like to get the comic book version but I'll take the MCU one as well.

21 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Maybe classic refers to the comics? I'm just hoping we'll get a Zemo figure... I've been waiting for that one for so long. Ideally I'd like to get the comic book version but I'll take the MCU one as well.

I would expect Zemo to come in a Falcon and Winter Soldier set

A $100 Avengers Tower sounds great but if it's based on the game I won't be buying it

23 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

We'll probably get Zemo in a Falcon and the Winter Soldier set

Another hulkbuster? Why? The only way I'll consider buying it is if they make it different enough to make it worth it. The avengers tower, meanwhile, sounds amazing! I hope we have some new villains, there are so many we've never seen before.

I really hope these sets are based off MCU designs. But if not that's fine too as it would be really good for my wallet (I promised myself never to buy a non-MCU marvel set in order to keep the spending down :wink: )

11 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Another hulkbuster? Why? The only way I'll consider buying it is if they make it different enough to make it worth it. The avengers tower, meanwhile, sounds amazing! I hope we have some new villains, there are so many we've never seen before.

This could be based on the game so we don't actually really know design wise. Or those comic-designed Hulkbuter.

Another Hulkbuster... well, I hope the build is fresh enough and it includes some nice minfigs.

Avengers Tower sounds great, I hope it's better than the 2015 - that one was only $60 with 511, if we're lucky this one will be 2 times bigger.

Do we know if the other 3 sets are MCU ones or not? We've still got Falcon and Winter Soldier, Eternals and WandaVision this year. 

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Isn't it time to get a bigfigure - Hulkbuster?

Yes! Or any kind of Hulkbuster that isn’t 30 feet tall when compared to a Minifgure’s proportions.

Hope these sets include some good figures or references. Avengers Tower sounds like it could be interesting. Maybe based on the newer comics and the way it appeared in the Spider-Man PS4 game.