Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

The hood from the MCU contains 3 colors: white, a bit of orange and mostly dark blue. I dunno why TLG decided to give him black atleast if they can't and won't do dual colored  give him the most dominant color which is dark blue and the piece already exist. 

From what I know, yes.

Ah, so it is. I've only seen the trailers once each and his hood was down for most of the brief moments he's shown in the first. It's definitely still the wrong color and it of course would've been great if they had printed the edge of the hood to get more colors in there. I'm also kinda surprised they didn't choose to use the new hood piece over the old. Hopefully his shield and weapons look good.

Edited by ToaDraco

16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

The hood from the MCU contains 3 colors: white, a bit of orange and mostly dark blue. I dunno why TLG decided to give him black atleast if they can't and won't do dual colored  give him the most dominant color which is dark blue and the piece already exist. 

From what I know, yes.

The thing is, if the whole minfigure was dark blue it would be too blank. At least it looks better and kinda more interesting with those black elements.

The new Taskmaster Funko Pops show he has mostly black boots. Maybe the dual molded dark blue & black legs from the Lego Batman Movie GCPD pack would look good. The black could also help tie together the black hood if you don’t want to change it.

NOOO! Why does Taskmaster not have his shield... I figured that was guaranteed in this set and given that the previous Taskmaster also did not get his iconic shield I was eagerly anticipating it. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

NOOO! Why does Taskmaster not have his shield... I figured that was guaranteed in this set and given that the previous Taskmaster also did not get his iconic shield I was eagerly anticipating it. 

It saddens me too.

That's actually a pretty good set. Black Widow and Yelena are both awesome figures, Taskmaster is meh (underdetailed). But what the hell were they thinking with Taskmaster's weapons? Why doesn't he have a proper sword and shield?! At least the combination of the two looks kinda nice. 

The quad and motorcycle are nothing more than the usual crappy sidebuilds, and the helicopter? It honestly surprised me because I kinda like it. I'm sick of lego helicopters but I'm actually quite interested in this one. I'll definetely be getting this set!

Also: whoever designed the boxart deserves a raise, beautifull!

Edited by Guyon2002

Love it! Love it! Love it! Always wanted a cheap, realistic version of a dual rotor helicopter that wasn't from the City line. Could be used in an Arkham Knight MOC too.

Yelena looks good. The torso is good for anyone complaining that IW Widow's torso was too bright. Almost a perfect set if Taskmaster was a little better or if we got Red Guardian in it.

Edited by Legocity2713

I must say, this set is awesome.

Black Widow looks amazing. All the prints are perfect, but I'm not a fan of the hairpiece colour and her batons are a downgrade.

Yelena looks awesome. I love the prints (wow, even leg printing?), especially the upgraded torso - looks far better than the IW one. Torso and hairpiece look good.

Taskamaster looks cool. I like the torso and mask print. Lack of leg prtining makes him look a little bit... bland. His accessories are really disappointing tho.

I really like the helicopter actually. It looks different enough from previous ones we got in Lego form. Black and light grey colour scheme looks fresh. Other two builds are a nice addition.

Overall, finally a good Marvel set this year. Great minifigures (their accessories not so much), and a good looking fresh build.

I’m very happy. Love the helicopter (also happy that it’s a villain vehicle... Marvel does not have too many main builds for villains). Taskmaster looks better in these pictures, and Yelena doesn’t look too bad (why is the vest in that color tho). For $30, this is a must have

I'm not really digging the set, although I will admit, at least the helicopter looks like it could be used for display with other themes as well. Probably the best Black Widow 'fig we've gotten, but Taskmaster looks pretty dull (not really Lego's fault here). That Quad build is absolute garbage.

It looks like a pretty decent helicopter for a pretty decent price, but I have to admit that my first thought upon seeing the pictures on Instagram was that it had to be fake, since it seems to be pretty common for Chinese knockoffs to produce City-style helicopters in black and gray as military aircraft.

The box art is gorgeous and Widow is still a great figure, but Taskmaster still looks bad and the horrible sword and shield don’t help. I can’t believe they didn’t make a printed shield and use one of those short Roman gladius swords. Yelena looks good except for the reused generic face (I literally thought it was the same as Natasha’s for a second) that looks nothing like the actress, and that tired hairstyle. The build looks good and I quite like how this and the Captain Marvel set both have large substantial vehicle builds for $30- they definitely seem to be worth the money. 

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

He does have some sort of sword and shield, but they're a spike piece and a 2x2 round dish. Not sure what they were thinking.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's actually a pretty good set. Black Widow and Yelena are both awesome figures, Taskmaster is meh (underdetailed). But what the hell were they thinking with Taskmaster's weapons? Why doesn't he have a proper sword and shield?! At least the combination of the two looks kinda nice. 

The quad and motorcycle are nothing more than the usual crappy sidebuilds, and the helicopter? It honestly surprised me because I kinda like it. I'm sick of lego helicopters but I'm actually quite interested in this one. I'll definetely be getting this set!

Also: whoever designed the boxart deserves a raise, beautifull!

I agree, the main parts of the set (helicopter and figures) both look excellent. If this is $30 or less I might pick it up.

The helicopter looks surprisingly good. Usually the vehicles in these sets tend to be filler but this one looks really well designed.

It's really nice to see that people from this thread is being positive as they can be.

Not really a fan of the builds as they like directly from city sets just a different colors.

On the other hand, as I early reviewed both of the Widow figs Natasha and Yelena is so awesome. Detailing and accuracy wise minus their faces and hairpieces.

I don't want to talk about Task Master it's just so disappointing because it could have been a really good figure.

I really like this set. Taskmaster kind of sucks, but the two Widows are great. I want to get a closer look at the helicopter, see how much space is inside it.

The set overall looks great! The tiny atv is garbage but adds play value and I assume they just had a little parts budget leftover... which they shouldn't have had if they had given Taskmaster proper weapons! Seriously, that actually makes me legitimately mad. They couldn't be bothered to reprint the cap shield with his logo? Nope, basic disk piece slapped on a gauntlet. How about a simple sword? Surely there's no way they could mess that up. Nope, he gets basic spike piece. He's going up against 2 Widows with a paper plate taped to his wrist and a shiv for crying out loud, what were they thinking?!? *sigh* 

The Black widow set looks pretty good.  Taskmaster's weapons can be changed out easily.  The build looks good.  definitely worth the price.  Box art is cool.  

Taskmaster should have a printed shield and a dark blue hood. Other than that I think this is a pretty solid set. I love the other two figures, and even Taskmaster has good face and torso printing. I’ll probably supply him with a bootleg printed shield that will inevitably be made. I do wish we could get Red Guardian as well, I know he’s gonna be my favorite character in this movie. Oh well. Still a good set

Well this set is something. New helicopter is ok, better than what we usually get from superheroes line. Figures thought are mixed bag: BW torso and legs prints are solid, but her face and hair ar such a bad choice! Yelena looks nice except from her face which is once again Child Hermione one from HP line. Taskmaster is disappointing- no hood in new color, no leg prints and for some reason no printed shield and no sword!!! Why couldn't Lego just give him a Lotr sword and print Cap's shield in new color for crying out loud?