Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Marvel Superheroes discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Marvel Superhero discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Marvel Superheroes discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Good news (possibly). WandaVision is coming in 2020. It is possible we'll get sets this year, but is it possible for Lego to release them earlier? I mean we know it was supposed to release in 2021.

Good question... Postponing sets to adjust to shifting source material release dates is not unheard of (BvS), but preponing sets? I don‘t think that‘s happened before *huh*

Then again, the series never had an officially announced release date that AFAIK. So maybe toy companies were notified in advance?

The show was originally going to release in spring 2021. My guess is now it will be a Nov/Dec release. Sets would probably have released in January 2021. So if Lego follows previous records with releasing sets then August 2020 seems like when they would be moved to if Lego wanted to get them out before the show. Hopefully this move doesn’t throw off legos plans because August could have Eternals, Falcon and the winter, and wandavision sets 

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

August 2020 seems like when they would be moved to

Hm, but that's only 8 months to decide whether to buy Vision Mech or Scarlet Witch Mech first. Maybe it'll be a two-pack, to make it easier. 

2 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Hm, but that's only 8 months to decide whether to buy Vision Mech or Scarlet Witch Mech first. Maybe it'll be a two-pack, to make it easier. 

I'd suggest buying both as soon as they come out. I bet they are going to look awesome next to Winter Soldier's jet and Falcons flying motorcycle

I've been dying to get a new Scarlet Witch figure. Happy to hear that it may be coming sooner than expected :)

Got all three of the mechs at the end of December, really actually like the small impulse feeling of the subtheme, and aside from the repeat spider-man, I like the idea of getting new fig updates 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I'd suggest buying both as soon as they come out. I bet they are going to look awesome next to Winter Soldier's jet and Falcons flying motorcycle

I'm certain each member of the eternals will get their own massively oversized motorcycle, so you might want to make some space on your shelf.

2 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

Another thing is in past years they've done a small Nov/Dec wave of a handful of $20 and under sets and they could bump the Wandavision set up if it is small. 

I could see that happening. It's also possible the set would have been released then anyway, as if it was earlier in spring that's probably around when it would have been released anyway.

has anyone noticed that the Hulk helicopter drop set has different fonts. Mine has the video game sets "Comic" font and when just2good reviewed his set it was the Endgame Avengers logo like the rest of the movie based sets.

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

has anyone noticed that the Hulk helicopter drop set has different fonts. Mine has the video game sets "Comic" font and when just2good reviewed his set it was the Endgame Avengers logo like the rest of the movie based sets.

I think the US version has the Endgame font, and the rest of the world has the 2020 comic/game set font. 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, HarryVader said:

I think the US version has the Endgame font, and the rest of the world has the 2020 comic/game set font. 

On Lego.com the images are the same in multiple regions (my tests were america and switzerland). 

Does anyone have images of the alternate box art?

I may have seen Black Widow minifigures. Atleast 2 minifigures.

I dunno how soon this will hit the internet specially IG. 

We're getting Black Widow (Black Suit) and Task Master. 

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I may have seen Black Widow minifigures. Atleast 2 minifigures.

I dunno how soon this will hit the internet specially IG. 

We're getting Black Widow (Black Suit) and Task Master. 

Thanks for reporting :thumbup: Which hairpiece do they use for BW? I assume the same one as for the Endgame sets? And does Taskmaster have his signature hood?

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks for reporting :thumbup: Which hairpiece do they use for BW? I assume the same one as for the Endgame sets? And does Taskmaster have his signature hood?

This is the hair that was used for Black Widow. 

Yeah, Task Master have his hood, that usual piece in black and btw, it doesn't match the figure coz the torso and legs were dark blue.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Kind of poetic in a way, the minifig goes full circle with BW just as the movie does :laugh:

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, Task Master have his hood, that usual piece in black and btw, it doesn't match the figure coz the torso and legs were dark blue.

Interesting, I thought the new hood piece introduced in the Triple Force Friday wave of SW sets might replace the classic mould :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interesting, I thought the new hood piece introduced in the Triple Force Friday wave of SW sets might replace the classic mould :shrug_oh_well:

I'm really happy it doesn't have the new hood. It looks fine on some figures but on others it looks atrocious

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Well, that sucks another inaccurate hairpiece for BW. Hopefully the prints are at least new and good quality.

24 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well, that sucks another inaccurate hairpiece for BW. Hopefully the prints are at least new and good quality.

I can tell you that is topnatch, I kinda  lose hope with official lego figures, coz I'm into custom printed figures now. But this one is good, she is very accurate with the official poster, gold belt etc etc. 

In addition to those minifigs, Yelena is included in the set and the build is helicopter.

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I can tell you that is topnatch, I kinda  lose hope with official lego figures, coz I'm into custom printed figures now. But this one is good, she is very accurate with the official poster, gold belt etc etc. 

In addition to those minifigs, Yelena is included in the set and the build is helicopter.

Thanks for information on theset! Well you can't have Superhero set without helicopter, oversized bike or a mech as we all know...

There are two sets i gathered, yes?

what do you think the other set will contain if this one has a Helicopter?

guess my  Black Widow temp figure was close...

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is it the inaccurate ginger color again or finally dark red?

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is it the inaccurate ginger color again or finally dark red?

Sorry to burst your bubble but yeah, inaccurate ginger again. Would have been nice to have red of that hair color. 

I’m so sick of the dark orange hair on Black Widow, it’s just ridiculous. The rest of the figure sounds amazing though, especially the accuracy and leg printing, although it sucks it’s a reused face print AGAIN. Taskmaster sounds disappointing to me- black normal hood and no leg printing? Ugh. At least make the hood dark blue.