Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’d say that the belt is gold, but as you say with a blurry image it’s hard to be certain. I’m not a big fan of the bat trunks, but it’s difficult to portray trunks on a minifigure without them looking oversized. 
I don’t like the hammer, but I agree that the umbrella is a good idea. Could it be executed better?

Gold could be another option too. And I'm not a fan of the trunks either for Batman or Superman in general. But I have an exception when it comes to the Hush suit, it just works somehow. I agree about them looking oversized on a minifigure when it's actually printed on the legs, I kind of wish Lego used a black hip piece instead like they always used to do to represent the trunks.

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Gold could be another option too. And I'm not a fan of the trunks either for Batman or Superman in general. But I have an exception when it comes to the Hush suit, it just works somehow. I agree about them looking oversized on a minifigure when it's actually printed on the legs, I kind of wish Lego used a black hip piece instead like they always used to do to represent the trunks.

Yeah, you’re right, it’s ok with Hush Batman. If they make a second CMF and give us OG Superman I would anticipate him having them, and I would be ok with that because his trunks are big, not the budgie smuggler of later years. 

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yeah, you’re right, it’s ok with Hush Batman. If they make a second CMF and give us OG Superman I would anticipate him having them, and I would be ok with that because his trunks are big, not the budgie smuggler of later years. 

Or Lego continues this detailed route and makes a Superman next with the same type of trunks printing and updated boot printing like his DC Super Villains model: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Seems the new wave of 1989 Batmobiles come with 3x 2x6 Tiles for the canopy instead of the 6x6 plate.

LEGO-1989-Batmobile-geupdatet-1.png

Edited by TheDeeGee

19 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Has anyone from the UK/Ireland seen the magazine with Shazam (https://brickset.com/sets/212012-1/Shazam!) anywhere yet? It’s seemingly been every other country that usually gets these magazines but here and Britain. :S 

The Captain Marvel figure magazine figure comes out this week in UK and I believe Shazam is the one after. Not 100% but likely Jan/Feb but you'll be able to confirm in back of magazine this week. The European version tend to be a couple of months ahead of UK from my experience.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems WW84 is getting good reviews

Happy to hear a DC movie performing well. Me thinks that Lego will not release more sets but it’s still good news for the franchise.

Do you guys remember the new hat mold they made for TLBM Penguin? I’d like to see that molded in purple as well as the new umbrella piece they introduced used for the mini-fig pack. I always wondered why they didn’t keep the newer molds introduced for the Lego Batman Movie in production. The newer pieces for Ivy, Penguin, and Mr Freeze should stay in circulation. Also remember the guard from Jabbas Palace? I’d like a piece that gives the Penguin a belly, or even a hair/nose piece that gives him his balding head and long nose. If we’re going to get the same characters  over an over as opposed to new figs can we at least spice them up? Harley’s hammer is also built quite disappointingly.

Edited by cosmic

24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’d like to see that molded in purple

We do have it in purple, which makes it even weirder for Lego not to include it here

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Do you guys remember the new hat mold they made for TLBM Penguin? I’d like to see that molded in purple as well as the new umbrella piece they introduced used for the mini-fig pack. I always wondered why they didn’t keep the newer molds introduced for the Lego Batman Movie in production. The newer pieces for Ivy, Penguin, and Mr Freeze should stay in circulation. Also remember the guard from Jabbas Palace? I’d like a piece that gives the Penguin a belly, or even a hair/nose piece that gives him his balding head and long nose. If we’re going to get the same characters  over an over as opposed to new figs dan we at least spice them up? Harley’s hammer is also built quite disappointingly.

Penguin's top hat from TLBM has already appeared in purple, I believe a people pack and the 4+ Arkham Asylum set. And while a belly would be cool to see on Penguin I really don't want to see a figure of him with a nose, ever. A lack of a nose is just a part of LEGO's minifigure design :shrug_oh_well: Though it does have an exception here and there. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Penguin's top hat from TLBM has already appeared in purple, I believe a people pack and the 4+ Arkham Asylum set. And while a belly would be cool to see on Penguin I really don't want to see a figure of him with a nose, ever. A lack of a nose is just a part of LEGO's minifigure design :shrug_oh_well: Though it does have an exception here and there. 

Just looked it up and wow we do have that in purple! It’d be nice if they used that and his umbrella piece more often as I feel it does more for the character. The nose is an aesthetic preference, having made excuses for characters like Squidward, I feel Lego can justify one for Penguin but its inconsequential since they’ll never do it so agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

We do have it in purple, which makes it even weirder for Lego not to include it here

Whats even more weird to me is how the Lego Batman Movie gave us a perfect hair mold for Ivy and a solid helmet mold for Freeze, only for Lego to release both characters in the following years in simpler versions without these new molds. I think the 2020 Freeze and 2019 Ivy would have been more exciting if they used the molds released in 2018. I’d go as far as to say the 2020 Freeze is unacceptable compared to the standard  Lego showed us they could produce.

So apparently Justice League Snyder Cut will be rated R? There goes our hopes for Snyder Cut Lego sets... and also, why? Why do we need an R-rated Justice League movie???

4 hours ago, HarryVader said:

So apparently Justice League Snyder Cut will be rated R? There goes our hopes for Snyder Cut Lego sets... and also, why? Why do we need an R-rated Justice League movie???

There was never any hope for Snyder-Cut sets.

3 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

There was never any hope for Snyder-Cut sets.

Exactly. The Snyder Cut would still be fairly similar to the theatrical version in terms of LEGO and those sets sold very poorly. 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. The Snyder Cut would still be fairly similar to the theatrical version in terms of LEGO and those sets sold very poorly. 

The only interesting thing we might've gotten that I can think of is Superman in his black suit, similar (but not identical) to the SDCC 2013 variant.

Took me a while to dig through everything to find it (that's what I get for being 4 days late to the party), and I'm very excited to see that Batman figure in HD. I'll be even more excited to compare it to the 2006 version, as that version of the Bat-Symbol is my absolute favorite for Batman. I was going to get this pack anyway, as it will let me skip the Penguin juniors set and will give me another of the new Harley to mix and match, but now I'll be legitimately pumped to get it.

YESSSSSS

I'm back in 2006, that Batman minifigure is everything I was hoping for! The torso, the logo, the belt printing (I still think it'll be bright yellow since the picture of the bag with the pieces had it in that color), all look like the original 2006 torso but modernized. And those new legs with the updated boot design, I'm getting at least 4 of these packs for sure.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, upliftingbricks said:

The Captain Marvel figure magazine figure comes out this week in UK and I believe Shazam is the one after. Not 100% but likely Jan/Feb but you'll be able to confirm in back of magazine this week. The European version tend to be a couple of months ahead of UK from my experience.

I believe that the figure advertised at the back of the Captain Marvel magazine is just a geared up regular Batman? Looks like that magazine company skipped the UK and Ireland for Shazam. :sad:

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I believe that the figure advertised at the back of the Captain Marvel magazine is just a geared up regular Batman? Looks like that magazine company skipped the UK and Ireland for Shazam. :sad:

@Soupperson1

The Captain Marvel magazine actually has Venom (same one as sets but with 11 Tentacles - Wow!!) in February. I think thats the wrong magazine. Captain Marvel is in Lego Superheroes mag whereas Shazam appears in Lego Batman mag.

Ive done some digging on Bricklink. This was the last Batman magazine I saw on shelves in UK a couple of weeks back

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?S=212010-1&in=B

If you look at magazine Numbers on Polish and German magazines and compare to the Shazam magazine in same country (https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?S=212012-1&in=B) it appears 2 issues later. 

Id say Q1 of 2021 it should appear if it matches other countries

When you put both of them side by side you can really notice how much of a difference 14/almost 15 years of printing quality has. The logo on the 2021 version isn't 100% the same as the 2006 logo, the bat head is slightly smaller, and I kind of wish that the belt printing was horizontal like the 2006 one instead of slightly curving, but those are just minor nitpicks. What really speaks volumes it is the amount of detail on the utility belt. The old one looks so primitive compared to what we're getting now, but that's to be expected with a "remaster" of a previous minifigure.

Also, now that we have the updated Hush suit, all's that left is to get an updated version of the 2007 blue Batsuit with the big Alex Ross logo and Lego will have officially updated all 4 Batsuits from the original Batman line. Getting a Dark Knight Returns Batman in a DC CMF Series 2 would be the perfect place to make it happen, plus it would compliment the Joker we got from Series 1.

KHTiJF8.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Having watched Wonder Woman 1984 today, some reflections on the LEGO set (not really any spoilers, but behind spoiler tag just to be safe):

Spoiler

It holds up pretty well relative to the actual scene in the movie - obviously scaled way down, but still has most of the important elements and nothing wildly out of place. One or two string pieces could have upped the play value, since some of the action involved swinging on power lines. Presumably the print budget was maxed out on Wonder Woman and Cheetah, so a more accurate outfit for Maxwell Lord isn't a high priority, but I do think a slightly more evil-looking face would have suited him since every other figure that uses this print has been a heroic character. The only other change I think I would have made would be to use the soft wings from Hawkman/Hawkgirl on Wonder Woman's armor so they could be more easily removed and could swap between spread or folded wings.

And some ideas for other sets (bit more spoilery territory here):

Spoiler
  • The mall robbery scene from the beginning could have made a beautifully colorful playset - something along the lines of the Spider-Man ATM Heist Battle, but with 100% more neon spandex.
  • The big convoy chase scene - a clear homage to Indiana Jones - could easily fill the requisite vehicle-based set slot with essentially an updated version of Race for the Stolen Treasure from that theme.
  • And of course: THE INVISIBLE JET Suffering Sappho I am just so excited this made it into a movie. The one from 2015 was pretty good, but this could probably be done even better now that transparent pieces are being made from MABS.

Completely agree with @tafkatb, saw Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday and the set was very accurate to one of the biggest scenes in the movie. Very well designed and the figures are amazing too. I agree Maxwell Lord could have had a unique face but this will make do.

Overall  after watching the movie I want this set. Even if I usually collect comic sets, the location is super versatile and it wouldn’t hurt to add more Wonder Woman variants to my collection.