Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

and trust me they were not originally summer releases. You have to look at the first set release date for things like this, not one of the pushed back dates. That would be June 25th 2021, so yes it would get sets in at the latest in the 1HY of 2021. Plus again I’ll say I know everyone wants it to be rated r but I have heard we are getting sets based off the movie so

That's incorrect. The Batman was pushed back to October from June and this was announced all the way back in April! LEGO has had ample time to push back the sets to summer before anyone would have found out about the set numbers.

LEGO starts manufacturing sets 3 months before launch as opposed to what you were suggesting.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s the Batman vs joker 4+ and the Batman cowl 

Thanks for letting me know. Still no formal sets aimed at regular audiences. I have grown to resent the 4+ sets bc it kills the excitement of a mystery set number to find out it’s a 4+.

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Speaking of the sets, I think Lego unfortunately doesn’t seem to know what to do when it comes to superheroes. Just look at the Marvel theme, Lego gives us random Spider-Man vehicles and mechs rather than popular variants, characters, locations and vehicles. 

I happen to completely agree with this. When it comes to quality of print on the mini-figure, minifigure selection, set build, prices, I happen to view both themes as overpriced (at times not always), poor mini figure selection and bad builds. I feel unmotivated to collect my favorite theme. But as I said before it does not have to be like this. 

I mean if Star Wars is popular enough to be a staple theme and Overwatch has enough fans to warrant a budget where most figures have great printing quality then surely superheroes should have a similar market? People say superheroes has poor figure printing and lack of new molds because of a low budget. My question is why? Surely Superheroes has just as big if mot a bigger fan base then Harry Potter and Star Wars yet our theme gets treated like an in house theme ready to be retired as opposed to an evergreen theme with high market value. I think I’m going to create a petition  one day because I cannot be convinced audiences at large of any age group are genuinely satisfied with the current handling of either superhero theme.

In recent years, I've just resorted to collecting sets I want, ordering specific minifigures from the sets I don't, and it's really kind of sad. Between the DC relaunch in 2012 and 2017, I got every minifigure scale set in the main theme, and 2018 only started to drop off by skipping the Mighty Micros. I also got most of the Lego Batman line. This has been my main theme for so long, but it's honestly just getting sad seeing it get shafted again and again, focusing less on the normal waves and more on collector's items for Batman 1989, which (to be blunt) I only consider 2/3 of a good movie. I'm super glad we got the CMF at the beginning of this year to keep beloved characters coming, because this theme is turning into an absolute drought. I really want it to keep on strong, but honestly, I'm starting to worry that the writing's on the wall. I haven't really collected any Marvel, Ninjago, or unlicensed stuff in a while, and only occasionally grab Star Wars. I'm not very active on Eurobricks these days, and if this theme goes under, I'm concerned I'll hit a dark age for Lego for myself.

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This isn’t true. The film was ready to be released for October which would mean a summer release for sets based on the film so if they had to cancel them suddenly none would have been produced and LEGO would just push back the manufacture date. The two sets scheduled for April that no one knows anything about are 1) NOT The Batman Movie and 2) probably DC since Marvel will get released first next year (they never get released at the same time at the beginning of the year).

The Batman won’t get any sets because it will become R rated. I mean just watch the trailer.

DC won’t get cancelled. This is becoming a Ninjago/Speed Champions thread :grin:

if falconfan says so then we have an inclination to trust him. He is the most trustworthy lego source any of us have. Also you forget that there is a lot you can show with a pg-13 rating. Look at the Dark Knight/Conjuring films.

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

a lot you can show with a pg-13 rating. Look at the Dark Knight/Conjuring films.

Exactly. In reality, PG-13 movies can be quite violent and mature. The R-rated movies are restricted usually because they, in addition to what many PG-13 movies have, involve elements like extreme gore and excessive swearing, none of which is necessary for a Batman movie.

For sets, based on the first teaser alone, I think a wave of 3 sets would be perfect: a small $10-15 set with Batman and Riddler, a $30-40 set with Batmobile and Penguin’s car, and an $80-100 Batcave or larger structure. 

Edited by HarryVader

6 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

if falconfan says so then we have an inclination to trust him. He is the most trustworthy lego source any of us have. Also you forget that there is a lot you can show with a pg-13 rating. Look at the Dark Knight/Conjuring films.

Have you seen his video? Half of it is conjecture.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Have you seen his video? Half of it is conjecture.

you ignored the part where I said he is a trusted source and has an amazing track record, conjecture or not. Also pg-13 isn't as kiddie friendly as you put it

I‘m not sure where the whole R-rating discussion is coming from. It mostly made sense for Joker, but I don‘t think it would benefit The Batman in any way, neither the film itself nor its merchandise :shrug_oh_well: A non-horror film doesn‘t get better just because it‘s rated R instead of PG-13. Some films tried to advertise themselves by highlighting the higher rating, only to fall flat on their faces anyway (looking at you, Dark Fate).

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m not sure where the whole R-rating discussion is coming from. It mostly made sense for Joker, but I don‘t think it would benefit The Batman in any way, neither the film itself nor its merchandise :shrug_oh_well: A non-horror film doesn‘t get better just because it‘s rated R instead of PG-13. Some films tried to advertise themselves by highlighting the higher rating, only to fall flat on their faces anyway (looking at you, Dark Fate).

that movie should've been so much more lol

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s an additional set after all, a new minifig pack with Batsy, Harley, & the Penguin has just leaked in the usual place :classic:

Which specific account? The usual place is still censored here in the US

Does Harley have a new torso/legs print? e.e

I can't tell from the pic

Edited by Robert8

A comic Accessory Pack and they waste it on this? Man this is a waste :hmpf_bad: Fingers crossed that Harley Quinn fig is an interesting variant then...

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Does Harley have a new torso/legs print? e.e

I can't tell from the pic

Same legs and torso as this year. The facial expression and hair piece remains to be seen, literally.

I hope this has an exclusive Bat-Suit!

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I have a bad feeling the Batsuit is going to be the same Rebirth suit once again. How much longer can Lego keep pumping out that minifigure before they decide to make an updated Hush Batsuit design already.

19 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I have a bad feeling the Batsuit is going to be the same Rebirth suit once again. How much longer can Lego keep pumping out that minifigure before they decide to make an updated Hush Batsuit design already.

I doubt it to be honest. Look at the last DC accessory set! Such a detailed minifigure too!

Would love to see Sweet Mayhems hair piece used on Harley Quinn. I noticed the pigtails have a line down their mold and it would be awesome if it was designed as a mold that could be dual molded in future uses. A half pink half blue rubber pigtail piece for Harley would look amazing. Also never going to happen but if we got her hyenas in a set too that’d be awesome.

I actually like this set since it lets you get some good figures in a cheap way. Love the 2020 Harley (presumably the same one). 

Will this be the only accessory pack Lego's done without any exclusive figures or pieces?

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I doubt it to be honest. Look at the last DC accessory set! Such a detailed minifigure too!

Now that I took a second glance at it, I might actually be wrong. In the middle of the pack in the picture, you can sort of see a bat symbol, and it doesn't look like it has the yellow/gold outline that the Rebirth suit does. The torso is in a light grey instead of the dark bluish grey as well...I think my prayers are finally being answered after all this time.

4 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Now that I took a second glance at it, I might actually be wrong. In the middle of the pack in the picture, you can sort of see a bat symbol, and it doesn't look like it has the yellow/gold outline that the Rebirth suit does. The torso is in a light grey instead of the dark bluish grey as well...I think my prayers are finally being answered after all this time.

Oh my god, I think you're right. I've been hoping for a Hush/classic black and grey batsuit for so many years. Also, my eyes may be deceiving me, but it looks like dual-molded black/grey legs near the top and you can see the foot behind the sticker, which certainly isn't dark grey.

Btw, completely off topic but if I may, what happened to your twitter?

Edited by RadioYeh

19 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Oh my god, I think you're right. I've been hoping for a Hush/classic black and grey batsuit for so many years. Also, my eyes may be deceiving me, but it looks like dual-molded black/grey legs near the top and you can see the foot behind the sticker, which certainly isn't dark grey.

Btw, completely off topic but if I may, what happened to your twitter?

Yup I can kind of see the legs as well at the top of the package along with a black looking boot behind the sticker. I can't believe we'll be getting an updated version of the 2006 grey Batsuit at last, it's going to look great with the rest of the original Batman line of minifigures.

As for the Twitter thing, I'll message you so that things won't get off topic here.

30 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Yup I can kind of see the legs as well at the top of the package along with a black looking boot behind the sticker. I can't believe we'll be getting an updated version of the 2006 grey Batsuit at last, it's going to look great with the rest of the original Batman line of minifigures.

As for the Twitter thing, I'll message you so that things won't get off topic here.

Good good. Yeah, I really do hope we're right about this, although from what I can see that symbol looks nearly identical to the 2006 one.

41 minutes ago, RadioYeh said:

Good good. Yeah, I really do hope we're right about this, although from what I can see that symbol looks nearly identical to the 2006 one.

Almost identical to the original. It makes me glad that they still kept him in the Hush suit for the past 2 years in the comics without changing it again. The Batman/Catwoman #1 issue that came out this past week for example is what I'm guessing it's going to look like in minifigure form, which is perfect for me, it's like 2006 never left.

Batman/Catwoman #1 review | Batman News

Edited by MisterBatfleck