Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Falconfan thinks they’re Marvel sets though, so we probably shouldn’t get our hopes up :tongue: I foresee a big, gaping, ‘The Batman’-shaped hole in next year’s DC slate :snicker:

As I have started to do more YouTube videos I have decided to do some investigating and their will be a the Batman answer tomorrow ;) 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

As I have started to do more YouTube videos I have decided to do some investigating and their will be a the Batman answer tomorrow ;) 

What is your YouTube channel? I’d be happy to subscribe.

25 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So where’s that Batman news you anticipated 

Due to a few things going on in my life I decided to post pone that for a little while 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Due to a few things going on in my life I decided to post pone that for a little while 

Ok, I hope all is well

Is this theme on track to be cancelled? A year with no sets sends a very bad message. Surely we won’t know until rumors for the 2022 sets come around. But this is a very disappointing  year so far for this theme unless somehow the mystery $300 set goes to DC. Actually even that would suck because every time DC gives us an expensive sets its just an oversized vehicle with a few figures that never excite me. So not only would it be a let down not to get a new marvel D2C but even worse if it ends up being a huge bat vehicle with no functioning purpose besides being a good display piece.

DC only focusing on Batman is due to a theory that only he sells correct? Is there sales data to reinforce that kid don’t want DC universe characters in sets? Is there any functional way for me to communicate with Lego? Like an email I could send or would creating a petition work? I’m considering ways to voice my dissatisfaction with this theme to the company. Any ideas on what would be an appropriate and effective way to do it? 

call me crazy but I think comic based Teen Titans waves and Justice League waves would sell well.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Is this theme on track to be cancelled? A year with no sets sends a very bad message.

„No sets“ is a bit exaggerated, there‘s at least two. And the summer set list is currently unknown, so way too soon to write it off already :classic:

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

DC only focusing on Batman is due to a theory that only he sells correct? Is there sales data to reinforce that kid don’t want DC universe characters in sets?

They don‘t reveal sales data. Ever. Which means everything we have are theories and guesswork, but there has to be a reason Batman is omni-present :grin:

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

call me crazy but I think comic based Teen Titans waves and Justice League waves would sell well.

We did get three full JL waves (2 based on the comics and one as a tie-in with the film), some individual sets with JL figures sprinkled in and one set featuring the TT, Dimensions excluded. Not too shabby I think, but I have no idea how well they did :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Is this theme on track to be cancelled? A year with no sets sends a very bad message

Several things. First the full year line up hasn’t been revealed yet so I wouldn’t say a year of no sets. Keep in mind dc didn’t have sets in the 1st half year of last year. Second you are forgetting about the Batman. The Batman was originally supposed to be released where it would get movie sets in the first half year of sets. I know people will try to say this is wrong because they want the movie to be rated r but from my knowledge lego has a lot of plans for sets probably around 3 in total Then the movie moved so suddenly lego had to bite the bullet and not a lot stuff will be released for dc in the 1st half year as a result 

I heared rumors of a Lego Batman movie 2 2022... they are Fake, aren't they? I mean they can't make a Sequel with Universal having the Lego Film rights and WB owning DC, can they?

17 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I heared rumors of a Lego Batman movie 2 2022... they are Fake, aren't they? I mean they can't make a Sequel with Universal having the Lego Film rights and WB owning DC, can they?

Super fake :head_back: You're absolutely right, there's no chance WB will license Batsy to a competitive animation studio :classic:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Super fake :head_back: You're absolutely right, there's no chance WB will license Batsy to a competitive animation studio :classic:

Can't say I am happy about that ^^' TLBM brought us some of my favourite Figures like Poison Ivy, Riddler and Bane... thank you for the response anyways :)

So with the new CMF revealed I can gladly say that o I’ll be grabbing a few: dolphin and crab for Aquaman, the Space Cops legs as the best fit for Peacemaker, the violin for the Fiddler, the alien head for the GLC, the plane for Plastic Man and the flying helmet for Johnny Cloud, the centaur piece for Shazam/Wonder Woman mythology, the Jaguar warrior for the ubiquitous museum, and the beekeeper because, well Bumblebee deserves a fitting villain. Failing that my Rita Farr can wear it. All in all a good run. Oh, and the pug cos, you know.

It's a shame that the DC theme is seemingly not doing too well. I have a feeling that Justice League's underwhelming performance at the box office diminished DC's brand. The movies released afterward were not able to revive the brand either (Joker, an immensely successful DC film, was not part of the DCEU and did not make too many ties with the larger DC universe. Plus it's R rated, so no chance for Lego sets). I think that explains the lack of DC sets and the absence of non-Batman sets. The DC universe is fantastic, and I think all the upcoming films look promising (The Batman especially). I hope DC regains its popularity, and we see more quality DC sets in the future. 

13 hours ago, HarryVader said:

It's a shame that the DC theme is seemingly not doing too well. I have a feeling that Justice League's underwhelming performance at the box office diminished DC's brand. The movies released afterward were not able to revive the brand either (Joker, an immensely successful DC film, was not part of the DCEU and did not make too many ties with the larger DC universe. Plus it's R rated, so no chance for Lego sets). I think that explains the lack of DC sets and the absence of non-Batman sets. The DC universe is fantastic, and I think all the upcoming films look promising (The Batman especially). I hope DC regains its popularity, and we see more quality DC sets in the future. 

With upcoming movie franchises or their continuations like Suicide Squad, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Shazam or Black Adam, DC will gain more popularity really fast (I mean DC itself is popular, but DC movies are not as popular to general audience as MCU movies).

Well, Snyder has already threatened to claw his way back into the DCEU, so I‘m not too hopeful :tongue: „Wait, DC films have colour and humour now that I‘ve left?! Not on my watch(men)!“ :laugh_hard:

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Several things. First the full year line up hasn’t been revealed yet so I wouldn’t say a year of no sets. Keep in mind dc didn’t have sets in the 1st half year of last year. Second you are forgetting about the Batman. The Batman was originally supposed to be released where it would get movie sets in the first half year of sets. I know people will try to say this is wrong because they want the movie to be rated r but from my knowledge lego has a lot of plans for sets probably around 3 in total Then the movie moved so suddenly lego had to bite the bullet and not a lot stuff will be released for dc in the 1st half year as a result 

This isn’t true. The film was ready to be released for October which would mean a summer release for sets based on the film so if they had to cancel them suddenly none would have been produced and LEGO would just push back the manufacture date. The two sets scheduled for April that no one knows anything about are 1) NOT The Batman Movie and 2) probably DC since Marvel will get released first next year (they never get released at the same time at the beginning of the year).

The Batman won’t get any sets because it will become R rated. I mean just watch the trailer.

18 hours ago, cosmic said:

Is this theme on track to be cancelled? A year with no sets sends a very bad message. Surely we won’t know until rumors for the 2022 sets come around. But this is a very disappointing  year so far for this theme unless somehow the mystery $300 set goes to DC. Actually even that would suck because every time DC gives us an expensive sets its just an oversized vehicle with a few figures that never excite me. So not only would it be a let down not to get a new marvel D2C but even worse if it ends up being a huge bat vehicle with no functioning purpose besides being a good display piece.

DC won’t get cancelled. This is becoming a Ninjago/Speed Champions thread :grin:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, Snyder has already threatened to claw his way back into the DCEU, so I‘m not too hopeful :tongue: „Wait, DC films have colour and humour now that I‘ve left?! Not on my watch(men)!“ :laugh_hard:

As excited as I am for Snyder Cut I think it should be a one-time fan event rather than any indication that Snyder is returning to the DCEU. I feel that the DCEU is on the right direction without Snyder.

Also for the Batman, I don’t know why everyone is saying it will be R-rated? The trailer does not look R-rated at all to me. We can still have a mature and grim PG-13 Batman film, just look at The Dark Knight. 

Edited by HarryVader

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This isn’t true. The film was ready to be released for October which would mean a summer release for sets based on the film so if they had to cancel them suddenly none would have been produced and LEGO would just push back the manufacture date. The two sets scheduled for April that no one knows anything about are 1) NOT The Batman Movie and 2) probably DC since Marvel will get released first next year (they never get released at the same time at the beginning of the year).

The Batman won’t get any sets because it will become R rated. I mean just watch the trailer.

There are more then 2 sets missing andin total it’s 8 sets from the initial 2021 prices releasing in the 1st half of 2021

76176: $29.99

76177: $39.99

76179: $14.99

76181: $39.99

76183: $69.99

76184: $19.99

76185: $19.99

76186: $39.99

and trust me they were not originally summer releases. You have to look at the first set release date for things like this, not one of the pushed back dates. That would be June 25th 2021, so yes it would get sets in at the latest in the 1HY of 2021. Plus again I’ll say I know everyone wants it to be rated r but I have heard we are getting sets based off the movie so

Edited by Falconfan1414

The Batman won't be R-rated 100%

They need to introduce the character and the lore to a new generation of children who will want merch of the movie

On 12/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Lego-Freak said:

We did get three full JL waves (2 based on the comics and one as a tie-in with the film), some individual sets with JL figures sprinkled in and one set featuring the TT, Dimensions excluded. Not too shabby I think, but I have no idea how well they did :shrug_oh_well: 

Well ideally we’d have more by now. We’ve received a decent roster of DC figs but most were introduced in a polybag, Lego Batman Movie or a minifigure series.   DC sets themselves are actually fairly repetitive with their character roster. Take this summer wave for example. Bronze Tiger was the only new character and he was very simple in his design. 2 comic waves is not enough for me and I guess I may have overestimated what this theme would have been by now. Bigger waves with more sets and less focus on Batman is what I want instead of Batman waves in 2-3 sets with maybe 1 new fig among the batch. 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There are more then 2 sets missing

Well google says the Batman is pushed to 2022. So if these two sets were planned for the movie that would still mean a year of no sets bc I am assuming Lego would withhold the sets until the release of the film?

I pray Lego releases a rushed JL wave to fill the empty slot of sets this year. 

20 hours ago, HarryVader said:

It's a shame that the DC theme is seemingly not doing too well. 

As I said in one of my earlier incomprehensibly long rants, DC is partly to blame for this. The quality of animated movies has diminished over these past 10 years as has their cartoon animation. Teen Titans Go, and DC superhero girls are both aimed at a much younger audience than the Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond and other animations of the early 2000’s. Without producing interesting and quality content regarding their lesser known characters, entire generations of kids are only going to have Marvel movies as a good reference for comic characters and further diminish the DC brand to just Batman. 

If DC launched a new interconnected animated universe of mature and well animated storylines Lego would have more incentive to give us lesser known characters. That said I cannot be convinced the Teen Titans haven’t been marketed  enough to warrant their own sets.

Edited by cosmic

29 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Well google says the Batman is pushed to 2022. So if these two sets were planned for the movie that would still mean a year of no sets bc I am assuming Lego would withhold the sets until the release of the film?

I pray Lego releases a rushed JL wave to fill the empty slot of sets this year. 

The 2 sets people are talking about are most likely for Shang chi. Batman set numbers will be a part of the list. It’s not a year of no dc sets there are 2 in the first half year and there will be summer sets for superhero so I imagine some will be for dc. If there will be a justice league wave like you want it won’t release till June at the earliest 

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s not a year of no dc sets there are 2 in the first half year 

What sets are they?

Edit: I think these two sets are not normal sets correct? It’s a Juniors or Duplo set no?

Edited by cosmic

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

If DC launched a new interconnected animated universe of mature and well animated storylines Lego would have more incentive to give us lesser known characters. 

I agree with the need for new animated films and shows, but I don’t necessarily believe that mature = good. We need more serious and mature content for sure, and the stories can’t be overly childish, but the most important things DC needs (for films and shows only) are charismatic characters and convincing stories. You could have a rather simple, straight-forward, and light-hearted plot but still make a good film if your character is relatable and your story is interesting.

Speaking of the sets, I think Lego unfortunately doesn’t seem to know what to do when it comes to superheroes. Just look at the Marvel theme, Lego gives us random Spider-Man vehicles and mechs rather than popular variants, characters, locations and vehicles. 

Edited by HarryVader

48 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What sets are they?

Edit: I think these two sets are not normal sets correct? It’s a Juniors or Duplo set no?

It’s the Batman vs joker 4+ and the Batman cowl