Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Unpopular opinion here  but I'm glad Jared Leto Joker is returning!

I feel that version of the Joker, while not my favorite at all, deserved more. They did him dirty in SQ

Who knows, Justice League is not rated R as far as I know, so now LEGO can release a Jared Leto Joker to complete the collection

Only Joaquin Phoenix's would be missing

Apparently, DC is still shipping out Supergirls as I just received mine. I must say, it may be one of my favorite minifigs ever, with only two complaints: the legs should've been dual molded AND printed instead of just printed and the heat vision eyes on the back of her head, while an accurate color to the show, should've been red to match the previous various Supergirl and Superman minifigures.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, Robert8 said:

Unpopular opinion here  but I'm glad Jared Leto Joker is returning!

I feel that version of the Joker, while not my favorite at all, deserved more. They did him dirty in SQ

Who knows, Justice League is not rated R as far as I know, so now LEGO can release a Jared Leto Joker to complete the collection

Only Joaquin Phoenix's would be missing

I would love to see some sort of set released,  however the sales were poor  for the wave when it was released. 

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I will respectfully disagree and say, just when I thought the Snyder cut couldn't get any worse...

I disagree, the ultimate cut fills in the gaps.  

On 10/21/2020 at 2:23 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Seeing this set alot on social media platforms. Let's hope they continue with 89 collection!

89 Bust/Cowl

89 Art

89 D2C Batcave and Wayne Manor micro scale 

Super Heroes is getting another D2C in 2021: 

LEGO SH 76178 - $299,99

My source told me it's for Super Heroes in general but given that the last 2 SH D2C's were both for DC we assume this one will be for Marvel, though DC definetely can't be completely ruled out. And to repeat what I said in my info drops on the Harry Potter thread: take it with a grain of salt :wink:

2 minutes ago, Micka said:

And nothing for the Snyder Cut ?

As far as we know we're not getting anything, which makes total sense considering the Justice League sets performed very poorly. Haven't heard anything about possible comic sets either :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As far as we know we're not getting anything, which makes total sense considering the Justice League sets performed very poorly. Haven't heard anything about possible comic sets either :def_shrug:

Do you know if its first part of the year or towards the end?

I'm hoping they continue along the 89 theme, seeing the lack of DC sets we are getting, however if it is Marvel,  so be it, as I'm sure with the success of the Batmobile and seeing how popular the Batwing is in social media atm, more DC D2C sbould be getting released.  

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Do you know if its first part of the year or towards the end?

I'm hoping they continue along the 89 theme, seeing the lack of DC sets we are getting, however if it is Marvel,  so be it, as I'm sure with the success of the Batmobile and seeing how popular the Batwing is in social media atm, more DC D2C sbould be getting released.  

Should be a 1HY release. Looking at how well the 89 theme is doing it wouldn't surprise me if we get more of it but I doubt this set is a part of it

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Should be a 1HY release. Looking at how well the 89 theme is doing it wouldn't surprise me if we get more of it but I doubt this set is a part of it

89 seems like a wnd if release,  hoping the Cowl we get is 89 inspired.  Either way happy we are getting another Superheros D2C set.

Have you heard much about the supposed Bat emblem set? 

27 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Have you heard much about the supposed Bat emblem set? 

Nothing that hasn't been shared already

On 10/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Nothing that hasn't been shared already

Regarding the D2C set for nextyear,  I see Brickset has the set number listed under Marvel,  is there any concrete info on this?

I see the Batwing is doing extremely well! 

Wow just saw the set. Was not expecting it. Looks good though and is that Tony Stark new?

Edited by Noobmaster69

11 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Wow just saw the set. Was not expecting it. Looks good though and is that Tony Stark new?

Which set exactly? The Marvel D2C?

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Regarding the D2C set for nextyear,  I see Brickset has the set number listed under Marvel,  is there any concrete info on this?

I see the Batwing is doing extremely well! 

Nothing yet, it's still just an assumption

2 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

1. This is the DC thread

2. What set are you referring to?

I feel like the D2c is gonna be DC, since there isn't much at that price range I could see them doing for Marvel. Maybe another UCS helicarrier or (very unlikely) something Into the Spider-Verse. DC is much less aimed towards Lego's target demographic, while Marvel is, so it is likelier that higher priced sets are DC

4 hours ago, Do1633 said:

I feel like the D2c is gonna be DC, since there isn't much at that price range I could see them doing for Marvel. Maybe another UCS helicarrier or (very unlikely) something Into the Spider-Verse. DC is much less aimed towards Lego's target demographic, while Marvel is, so it is likelier that higher priced sets are DC

I disagree, there are a number of things they could do for the Marvel theme at that pricepoint and DC has already gotten 2 similarly priced D2Cs very recently, one of which came out less than a month ago. It's too soon for yet another one imo :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I disagree, there are a number of things they could do for the Marvel theme at that pricepoint and DC has already gotten 2 similarly priced D2Cs very recently, one of which came out less than a month ago. It's too soon for yet another one imo :sceptic:

I thought it was too soon to get a Batwing a year after the Batmobile. :tongue:

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I disagree, there are a number of things they could do for the Marvel theme at that pricepoint and DC has already gotten 2 similarly priced D2Cs very recently

I actually think there's less to do for DC in terms of D2C. Everything I could think of that fits the $300 price point are already made. It's most likely Marvel (however I wouldn't complain if the D2C is a Dark Knight trilogy set)

Edited by HarryVader

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I actually think there's less to do for DC in terms of D2C. Everything I could think of that fits the $300 price point are already made. It's most likely Marvel (however I wouldn't complain if the D2C is a Dark Knight trilogy set)

There’s loads of vehicles, locations, gadgets, masks, and other costume accessories that they could do to a D2C price point, it’s more that a lot of them aren’t front and centre familiar or featured in big films so much, so the risk would be too great. It has to be said I never saw a Burton Batmobile coming, let alone the Batwing to accompany it. 

21 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s loads of vehicles, locations, gadgets, masks, and other costume accessories that they could do to a D2C price point, it’s more that a lot of them aren’t front and centre familiar or featured in big films so much, so the risk would be too great. It has to be said I never saw a Burton Batmobile coming, let alone the Batwing to accompany it. 

D2C 1966 Batmobile?