Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I wish they’d let the DCEU die and move on.

Like Matt Reeve’s The Batman.

There never was a DCEU. That was fanfic for the related films, but when JL turned into a too many cooks scenario Warner put an end to this shared universe idea and birthed Worlds of DC. Now they exist in their own spaces, and if success beckons then maybe they will do a crossover. I think the only ones due to do that anyway are Shazam and Black Adam, which is obvious and would benefit from a drawn out process. I don’t know that there are any others that will, maybe some of the Batcentric ones. It’s a shame they rushed the franchise, really. 

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I wish they’d let the DCEU die and move on.

Like Matt Reeve’s The Batman.

There's no DCEU tho. It ended with Justice League. Now they just make whatever they want, movies that are loosely connected, more like little easter eggs than actual connections and team-ups like in MCU.

Filmmakers are free to make movies like Joker or The Batman, which are definitely their own movie universes, or make a movie (theoretically) set in DCEU.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's no DCEU tho. It ended with Justice League. Now they just make whatever they want, movies that are loosely connected, more like little easter eggs than actual connections and team-ups like in MCU.

Filmmakers are free to make movies like Joker or The Batman, which are definitely their own movie universes, or make a movie (theoretically) set in DCEU.

Yup. Technically what was known as the DCEU was the "Snyderverse". It already died with Justice League. Theoretically all movies take place in the same world (except Joker and Batman) but they no longer have a coherent story. 

43 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Yup. Technically what was known as the DCEU was the "Snyderverse". It already died with Justice League. Theoretically all movies take place in the same world (except Joker and Batman) but they no longer have a coherent story. 

Exactly, and I think they’re better off building small franchises around their heroes (Wonder Woman has 2 movies, Aquaman with 3, Shazam with 3, Harley Quinn with 3) than trying to make everything as connected as the MCU is. I do hope we get sets for The Batman and I also hope we get some Birds of Prey-inspired figures down the line (like at the least the gold overalls outfit for Harley). 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Exactly, and I think they’re better off building small franchises around their heroes (Wonder Woman has 2 movies, Aquaman with 3, Shazam with 3, Harley Quinn with 3) than trying to make everything as connected as the MCU is. I do hope we get sets for The Batman and I also hope we get some Birds of Prey-inspired figures down the line (like at the least the gold overalls outfit for Harley). 

I’d be quite happy if story progression meant that some crossovers appeared naturally, assuming they were feasible. Characters stick to their own titles for the most part, so they can behave like that on screen.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Completely agree with the smaller franchises point. I hope we get BOP-inspired Harley and Black Mask. I need Black Mask! I do hope they make more DC movies sets though (considering they failed to make any for Shazam)

Having now seen the Captain Marvel helmet with the white eyes, I can’t help but wonder why they didn’t go with this for Batman, instead of the weird headband and weird eye placement.

20 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Having now seen the Captain Marvel helmet with the white eyes, I can’t help but wonder why they didn’t go with this for Batman, instead of the weird headband and weird eye placement.

Ikr? The white headband also makes the faces pretty much useless for custom figures

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The white headband also makes the faces pretty much useless for custom figures

I dunno, I like making figures that wear sweatbands. Doesn't everybody? :laugh:

Just saw the new Cap Marvel figure and jeez, she looks awful compared with previous. The lighter blue, the hair and that helmet just makes it look like a knock off minifig IMO.

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Just saw the new Cap Marvel figure and jeez, she looks awful compared with previous. The lighter blue, the hair and that helmet just makes it look like a knock off minifig IMO.

Really? I personally (it's just my own opinion) LOVE this Captain Marvel over the one that came with the Aveng-jet set. The hair is an easy replace and the helmet is sweet (and at least they had the decency to mold a new piece for a Marvel character (especially a comic book themed character). I would prefer comic book themed Marvel figs in any variant at this point than MCU characters (unless there was a special 10 Years of Marvel MCU CMF series). At the same time too, I'd also love more Batman sets with new characters (Or Rebirth variants of the Bat-family).

So, any chance we'll get a fourth or even fifth set this summer? Most likely not, but I wish we could get more new villains. As it stands, Bronze Tiger is amazing, Man-Bat could use a remake, and even Penguin would be nice if he gets a new look. But another Joker, Freeze, and Harley? Granted Harley is quite popular right now, but how long have we been waiting for like Ventriloquist, Black Mask, Mad Hatter? Though I had Firefly and Hugo Strange on my list for years, and that eventually happened, so I'm not complaining too much, but would it really hurt to get new Bat-Villains?

That said, I like that Batgirl's getting another release, and also Nightwing. Maybe grey/black for Babs and (long shot) original Nightwing? :grin: 

But, Freeze'll be the same sounds like, and Joker'll probably be a huge reuse too. If they do a lazy Bronze Tiger/repeat Man-Bat, then I'll probably skip the set/figures altogether.

And at the risk of fueling an old horse DC is too big a property for Lego to abandon it. Regardless of sales/lack thereof, Batman, Superman and their superfriends will always be popular among kids and adults.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:13 PM, RedHoodPug said:

There never was a DCEU. That was fanfic for the related films, but when JL turned into a too many cooks scenario Warner put an end to this shared universe idea and birthed Worlds of DC. Now they exist in their own spaces, and if success beckons then maybe they will do a crossover. I think the only ones due to do that anyway are Shazam and Black Adam, which is obvious and would benefit from a drawn out process. I don’t know that there are any others that will, maybe some of the Batcentric ones. It’s a shame they rushed the franchise, really. 

On 4/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well that’s a relief. Thanks for the updates guys.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So, any chance we'll get a fourth or even fifth set this summer? Most likely not, but I wish we could get more new villains. As it stands, Bronze Tiger is amazing, Man-Bat could use a remake, and even Penguin would be nice if he gets a new look. But another Joker, Freeze, and Harley? Granted Harley is quite popular right now, but how long have we been waiting for like Ventriloquist, Black Mask, Mad Hatter? Though I had Firefly and Hugo Strange on my list for years, and that eventually happened, so I'm not complaining too much, but would it really hurt to get new Bat-Villains?

That said, I like that Batgirl's getting another release, and also Nightwing. Maybe grey/black for Babs and (long shot) original Nightwing? :grin: 

But, Freeze'll be the same sounds like, and Joker'll probably be a huge reuse too. If they do a lazy Bronze Tiger/repeat Man-Bat, then I'll probably skip the set/figures altogether.

And at the risk of fueling an old horse DC is too big a property for Lego to abandon it. Regardless of sales/lack thereof, Batman, Superman and their superfriends will always be popular among kids and adults.

I never thought I’d say this but Harley looks amazing. I’m actually glad we’re getting another one.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I don't believe there's any chance for a fourth set, retailer exclusive is not likely at all for this theme.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ikr? The white headband also makes the faces pretty much useless for custom figures

You never know, we might end up getting one in the summer :shrug_confused:

Though unlikely I really hope they use this opportunity to finally give us the claws TT Games used many times in the LEGO videogames with Bronze Tiger

Benjamin Turner (Lego Batman) | DC Database | Fandom

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Though unlikely I really hope they use this opportunity to finally give us the claws TT Games used many times in the LEGO videogames with Bronze Tiger

They should really make those claws a real piece. I don’t love them but they would work for Bronze Tiger, Black Panther uses them in the video games, and they could probably find other uses for them too. 

I’m very excited to be getting a new Batgirl since the one from 2014 is one of my favorite DC minifigures! I hope it reuses that cowl piece instead of the TLBM one since I’ve kinda had my fill of TLBM Batgirl. 

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like those claws and have done since they first appeared. So many characters could use them. It’s be fitting if it did happen, as DC seems to spearhead the new SH moulds.

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I really like those claws and have done since they first appeared. So many characters could use them. It’s be fitting if it did happen, as DC seems to spearhead the new SH moulds.

I've notice that to. Why is that?

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be cool, I like that design more than the Wolverine claws.

Damn Lego set Joker Manor from LBM has jumped up on eBay for twice the selling price brand new! 

Also seeing a lot 89 D2C builds on Reddit during lockdown! 

I wonder what the next DC D2C will be a play set or a vehicle?

Also looking at the Mobile bat chase and it's  piece  count of 743 parts, hoping it has a similar build and design to 7066, which came in at 100 pieces more!

Hoping we get some set reveals end of April, early May!

I also still have good vibes about Lego releasing a 4th Batman set this year, only because it's been done before! I would however like it to be a playset with a bat vehicle!

Time will tell! 

31 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Damn Lego set Joker Manor from LBM has jumped up on eBay for twice the selling price brand new! 

Also looking at the Mobile bat chase and it's  piece  count of 743 parts, hoping it has a similar build and design to 7066, which came in at 100 pieces more!

I also still have good vibes about Lego releasing a 4th Batman set this year, only because it's been done before! I would however like it to be a playset with a bat vehicle!

Time will tell! 

Personally I hope the next DC D2C is a playlet.  Maybe a new Arkham Asylum or a proper Wayne Manor would be good.  Even a Justice League HQ, but that's long shot.  Any idea of when the next DC D2C is expected? 

8 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Time will tell! 

There are literally no chances for another Batman sets. There must be a reason why they are doing only 4 (5 if you count CMF) sets a year, and they wouldn't bring out another set as a retailer exclusive. 

Even if it happened, it definitely wouldn't be a playset tho. Lego doesn't like playsets much for comic based sets recently.