Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Could just be me but which of the Mr Freeze figures is supposed to be from Arkham then because none of the figures look like that imo

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but which of the Mr Freeze figures is supposed to be from Arkham then because none of the figures look like that imo

I double that question. Maybe they mean the 2017 Juniors one? 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The one from the set with Aquaman had identical tubing on the torso print to the Arkham City suit. The head did not match, but the rest was very close.

2 hours ago, BaneShake said:

The one from the set with Aquaman had identical tubing on the torso print to the Arkham City suit. The head did not match, but the rest was very close.

Yeah I use him with the Juniors head but I want to get this new head for him instead.

Personally, I the Aquaman set one is the best one they made too.

Rumor has it on Instagram that Bronze Tiger will have a new torso print, same as LDCSV, the same head as Shocker and just plain legs

Don't take this as fact, just reposting what I've seen

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You would think this guy would have lost credibility after his man bat custom figure he tried to pass off as a leak 

"I got this from a pretty reliable source, but they are wrong at times"

6 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

But what has the source been right about before tho it’s not like he is someone established who has been right in the past. I think people are quick to trust especially when there is actually evidence (man bat) to show that he is lying 

Eh I believe the part that Lego is giving bronze tiger plain legs and Shocker’s head. They hardly even pull effort in this line. Same Batman stuff every year (There has only been batman sets since summer 2018), everything is a vehicle (there were only 3 playsets in the last 3 years), same batmobile (WE DONT WANT ANOTHER BATMOBILE, WE HAVE GOTTEN 7 OF THOSE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS) same villains (Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman), and hardly any leg printing.

I will not be surprised if they discontinue the DC Line, there were no sets for winter except a CMF, only three sets for the summer wave (which are more batman stuff), and not on the top selling themes of 2019 list. 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

This guy has zero credibility, he can't even distinguish a real leak and a clearly fake leak (as @Falconfan1414 said, Man-Bat is a good example of this). So yeah, I definitely wouldn't trust him. And with "...but they are wrong at times" he's backing himself up in case it turns out to be wrong "yeah guess my source wasn't right".

It would be pretty on brand for the Bronze Tiger design be the bland, wears a leather jacket, modern one instead of the very toyetic Gi design with the tiger head or the Suicide Squad look with the face paint. 

Hopefully we get something visually interesting. 

I feel like most of us have been here long enough to see fakers as well as reliable sources come and go and most of us know who the good ones are. These days, unless it comes through Falconfan I don't listen.

That said, the fact that this leaker's thoughts were so easily seen as being realistic speaks more about Lego's recent trend for figures than anything else. Switch up the torso, add an old face, and some plain legs and just like that you got a "new" figure in 2020. :sad:

7 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Switch up the torso, add an old face, and some plain legs and just like that you got a "new" figure in 2020. :sad:

It kinda seems that way, but honestly I can’t think of many figures like that recently. A couple civilians, maybe.

Not to mention it’s not really a new phenomenon, they were reusing heads already back in 2012.

Look I will say this. I have been in the game for like 2 years. When I got into the game people thought my claim of nexo knights ending and there being no summer wave was crazy but I didn’t get mad. Often when people get mad or defensive, it’s someone who didnt expect someone to come after their claim. But as I have learned, you can go spouting every rumor you hear. Odds are most of them won’t turn out to be true. Like I have been wrong before I’ll admit it but I never get mad

I don't know what the other people think, but I LOVE the new WW84 packaging design. Looks just like a comic book! I kind of hope all the future superhero packaging designs look like this... but I understand if people dislike it because it doesn't show the set itself.

Maybe it's in the style of the Overwatch packages and the back serves as an alternative boxart? Not showing the set itself is weird, but it certainly grabs your attention :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hmmm I feel like that box art is missin something... 

could it be...... THE SET ITSELF?!

What the heck LEGO? That art looks great but it could have been like a poster or something included with the set

The box looks great IMO. As long as the back has plenty of photos of the actually set, I’m all for seeing more stuff like it.

The direction reminds me a lot of Hidden Side sets, with a very stylized front rather than a direct set photo.

Idk how to feel about the boxart. I really like the design and it's definetely something different but on the other hand I also really hate because the boxart is supposed to show the set itself. I already HATED the boxes for Hidden Side so I really hope this doesn't become a reoccuring thing

A lot about this set feels more like a collectors item than a play set, like the box art, the seeming lack of play features, the detailed environment and the flight stand for Wonder Woman. I gotta say I dig it.

Also, I throw away the boxes so I don’t really care, but I imagine there’s more traditional art on the back?

On 4/3/2020 at 12:17 AM, Legocity2713 said:

Looks exactly like DC Rebirth Harley Quinn except the star belt buckle is red diamond instead of a gold star.

Good looking fig, love the hair and legs especially. 

That said... for the love of Christ can they make a red and black version of this pigtail piece already? I will say this every time they release a Harley figure. I don’t even care if its blonde with red and black tips, or half red and half black, I just want red and black!

Its literally the last option they have for a figure of her, but knowing Lego they’ll just go back to the regular jester costume for the next wave. And just when I think its finally time for the red and black pigtail figure, DC will probably make a new comic where Harley’s hair is green and purple so that wave will have that. Lather, rinse, and repeat for 55 years before they make it or I just give up.

Harley has red and black dip dyed hair in The Suicide Squad next year, so hopefully they’ll make comic based sets to coincide with the release like they did last time and include a new Harley! 

I really don't like that the box doesn't show the set. It's like lego is admitting that people only buy superhero sets for the minifigs. I seriously hope this is a one off thing.

They are definitely treating this as an AFOL product. I wonder if that will be the way for DCEU sets moving forward.

I love that box art. It does make the set seem like more of a collector’s item like the SDCC exclusives, and I think it’s a clever way to market it since it’s the only WW84 set. Why show the build on the front if it’s the only set for the movie? It’ll definitely jump out at people who want LEGO merchandise for the movie. I’m super excited for this set!