Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think the hat is separate but we won’t know until the sets arrive

I like all the armor as well from Ninjago,  woukd make a great Batman Metal line based off Scott Synder run!

 

Question, world goes into lock down, do Lego sets get pushed back?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Question, world goes into lock down, do Lego sets get pushed back?

This has never happened before in LEGO's lifespan so we don't know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the mask and the hat are separate pieces. I would buy a bunch of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it's all one piece, there's no other attachment points for the mask to be connected. Which is very disappointing because I too was thinking of the Court of Owls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Pig Chef head from Monkey Kid could work fairly well for a Professor Pyg custom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The new Pig Chef head from Monkey Kid could work fairly well for a Professor Pyg custom

Ive always preferred using the CMFs Pig Suit Guys head piece, because Pyg wears a mask, and using that head piece, you can add a face (I use Kite Mans head). This new piece looks good, but it doesn't feel 'Professor Pyg' to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks kind of too big for Professor Pyg. I don't like the printed face and eyes for him, as I think the concept is he just uses a pig mask, and isn't supposed to look like a real pig himself. I think Gotham (TV show) nailed his look. Really creepy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ive always preferred using the CMFs Pig Suit Guys head piece, because Pyg wears a mask, and using that head piece, you can add a face (I use Kite Mans head). This new piece looks good, but it doesn't feel 'Professor Pyg' to me

Yeah I agree, the old piece works best. However this one might be useful for a pig iron or wonder pig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Y'know...if Lego continues doing (comic) JL waves every three years like they have done, 2021 should have JL sets.:shrug_oh_well: 

Fingers crossed, I mean I love Batman as much as the next guy but come on 3 Batman waves in a row with basically JL guest stars, it's ridiculous after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do we have any information about the last waves sales? In my opinion everything except for the great Catwoman and the printed dishes with bat-symbols is a much, much weaker version of already released things. If the sales are going down, they will maybe stop focussing on Batman so much or will at least do things we are waiting for since years and raise the quality again.

Edited by Gorilla94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do we have any information about the last waves sales?

Short answer: no. TLG never publish sales figures for individual themes, just the top5 ranking. The only data we have access to is purely anecdotal (and flimsy at best) :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do we have any information about the last waves sales? In my opinion everything except for the great Catwoman and the printed dishes with bat-symbols is a much, much weaker version of already released things. If the sales are going down, they will maybe stop focussing on Batman so much or will at least do things we are waiting for since years and raise the quality again.

If Batman stops selling they're more likely to cancel the DC theme alltogether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I was wrong about DC and Marvel. Marvel sells better than DC but the Batmobile is doing very well I read somewhere.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Fingers crossed, I mean I love Batman as much as the next guy but come on 3 Batman waves in a row with basically JL guest stars, it's ridiculous after a while.

One new character a wave is an awful lot more sucky than the JL waves. I’m really pleased to have Shazam, and I’m looking forward to Bronze Tiger, but I need a wave like 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

One new character a wave is an awful lot more sucky than the JL waves. I’m really pleased to have Shazam, and I’m looking forward to Bronze Tiger, but I need a wave like 2018.

2015 was the best DC year imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

2015 was the best DC year imo. 

I definetely agree, though even that year wasn't that great overall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I definetely agree, though even that year wasn't that great overall

You really can't hate Jokerland though

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

One new character a wave is an awful lot more sucky than the JL waves. I’m really pleased to have Shazam, and I’m looking forward to Bronze Tiger, but I need a wave like 2018.

Personally, I thought the summer 2019 wave was pretty good for what it was supposed to be (80th Anniversary of Batman and yadayadayada) but yes I agree deeply that we need a new JL wave, even if it means yet another Bat-Mech

I'm actually quite interested in what the 2020 sets will turn out to be, the Mobile Bat Base sounds like a cross between the Ultimate Batmobile and that massive Ultra Agents truck from a few years back, and that doesn't sound like a half bad $100 set in my opinion (not to mention we're finally getting Bronze Tiger)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have to say 2HY 2019 is my favourite for DC yet. 2HY 2020 might have a chance of beating it too especially with the Bat Mobile Command Centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

2015 was the best DC year imo. 

It’s a tough one, as we got the Javelin which still remains one of my favourites, and it set the tone with Manta, Sinestro, Brainiac, etc. But it brought us the first Batmech, which was naff. 2018 was still a good run of characters and it brought some comic book vibrancy to the line. If it turns into a three year cycle of awesome then I can handle it. All I really want is for some teams to be completed, padded out of even to exist. Unfortunately I just read Villains United and started watching Doom Patrol, which really hasn’t helped my wish listing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they would just do some non-Batman sets. I love Batman, but it is too much. I am one who hates vehicles, so even though I collect as many DC minifigs as possible, I do not care about getting any of the sets. There are so many good sets that Lego could make, but they choose Batman vehicles. They should make some playsets based off of other DC properties. I would love to see a Jay Garrick/Barry Allen teamup vs. Shade, but that would never happen. It would be a very interesting playset though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Do1633 said:

I wish they would just do some non-Batman sets. I love Batman, but it is too much. I am one who hates vehicles, so even though I collect as many DC minifigs as possible, I do not care about getting any of the sets. There are so many good sets that Lego could make, but they choose Batman vehicles. They should make some playsets based off of other DC properties. I would love to see a Jay Garrick/Barry Allen teamup vs. Shade, but that would never happen. It would be a very interesting playset though.

Not to mention the amount of potential sets they could've made based off the story from the LEGO DC Supervillains game. They could've even split up the Justice Syndicate across several set as a ''complete the team'' idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make amazing character models in the Lego DC games, but they never use them. I would love a Crime Syndicate in Lego form, since I am a multiverse enthusiast, but I know we will never get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

They make amazing character models in the Lego DC games, but they never use them.

Big facts. I was so disappointed when the rumors came in 2015 that we’d get a set with Killer Croc and instead of using that PERFECT Lego Batman 3 design they just made him look like Abomination from the Hulk movie. :sceptic: There’s so many examples of that type of situation happening that it makes me wonder if they even look at the game designs for minifigure ideas for anything other than a pre-order figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.