Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Do we know if these numbers encompass all of 2021? Or just the first few months of the next year?

Jan to May

On 9/13/2020 at 2:13 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Marvel and DC are still listed as one theme (Super Heroes) in many store systems, it's always been like this. We'll have to wait a while before we find out which set belongs to which theme

They jointly hold the trademark to the term “super heroes.”

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Shazam will be coming in the next DC magazine, it will be a cheap way to get him.

The figures in these magazines aren't all that exciting most of the time but damn they're on fire all of a sudden :excited:

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Looks like DCs getting nothing interesting whatsoever. I was really hoping for some comic based Justice League sets

This isn’t true. The DC sets (that we know of) have been pushed back so the $200 Batwing has breathing space. We’ll get some in the summer just like this year.

I don’t believe the “May 1st” release date, maybe for the cowl but not for the normal Batman Set.

It might be worth considering that this is the DC superheroes line. If LEGO plan to also release sets specifically linked to The Batman movie, they might come under a different category. Before the filming delays, any The Batman sets could have been scheduled for 2021 in addition to these sets? 

6 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This isn’t true. The DC sets (that we know of) have been pushed back so the $200 Batwing has breathing space. We’ll get some in the summer just like this year.

I don’t believe the “May 1st” release date, maybe for the cowl but not for the normal Batman Set.

How do you know they've been pushed back?

12 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

It might be worth considering that this is the DC superheroes line. If LEGO plan to also release sets specifically linked to The Batman movie, they might come under a different category. Before the filming delays, any The Batman sets could have been scheduled for 2021 in addition to these sets? 

Potential sets for The Batman would still fall under the DC Superheroes line, just like all the other movie sets have done. 

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Potential sets for The Batman would still fall under the DC Superheroes line, just like all the other movie sets have done. 

I guess that’s right. Sorry, I was thinking of the LEGO Batman movie sets Which came under their own theme. Either way though, a light schedule for 2021 might still be reflective of Batman movie sets still to come, now delayed along with the film? I’m trying to be positive...

From one side I'm happy, that my wallet can take a brake, but from the other I'm so sad, that we are not getting anything on January.

Eeps, that is a quiet run if true. Hopefully there’ll be an influx of other sets because DC has a good looking slate of movies coming up and frankly the franchise needs a bit of extra.

2 sets only, i hope we get more sets. 

Darkside teased earlier (not sure it if Batman themed or JL themed)

Batman movie teased ealier ( at least 2 sets)

The numbering sequence suggests there is another set between the numbers issued. 

I guess we are not getting any DC mechs as well 

I mean I buy the Marvel sets as well, but for them to have that much more sets not fair for DC fans 

If spiderman can get these weird vehicles,  Batman should as well!

Still hopeful we get a Batman Art set! 

Lol people though my darkside picture was a teaser. Also keep this in mind, the Batman movie sets were supposed to be coming out during the 1HY (January-May) so I’m guessing they wanted to put a good focus on that. I know people might not believe this but I wouldn’t hold hope on those numbers of mine being regular sets 

As long as they're actually coming, I don't mind waiting. I was starting to get tired of the "the movie looks really violent/borderline rated R so we might not be getting sets" talk.

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lol people though my darkside picture was a teaser. Also keep this in mind, the Batman movie sets were supposed to be coming out during the 1HY (January-May) so I’m guessing they wanted to put a good focus on that. I know people might not believe this but I wouldn’t hold hope on those numbers of mine being regular sets 

Of course they did!:laugh: You're probably the most reliable leaker there is and you posted a picture of a Darkseid figure with no caption...what else would we think it was?

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Still hopeful! 

I mean they really surprised us with the 89 Batwing D2C.mm (soon to be announced)

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Still hopeful! 

I mean they really surprised us with the 89 Batwing D2C.mm (soon to be announced)

How soon ^^ ?

5 hours ago, astroboy75 said:

How soon ^^ ?

It's been speculated that the Bagwing will be revealed on Batman Day, which is on Sep 19

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Batman vs Joker set is 4+, according to promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-super-heroes-2021-neuheiten/109095/

So not a single regular set so far :wacko: I hope this means they have a lot of sets planned for The Batman :excited:

Aw. At that price point I was actually hoping for Batman and Joker Mechs, like what they’ve been doing over in Marvel. My Batcave could definitely use a Batman Mech . . 

The Batman is clearly a factor here....

If that movie is pushed back to 2022 or something............ TLG is going to be in trouble