Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Wait.  Is that leaked pic real?

Because if so, then this is coming very soon

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Wait.  Is that leaked pic real?

Because if so, then this is coming very soon

No, it's just a mockup box design, that Batwing is a MOC I've seen online.

6 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

No, it's just a mockup box design, that Batwing is a MOC I've seen online.

there is a pic online!

3 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Well, this came out of nowhere.

Box art and sticker sheet? When could this release? October? November?

Probably around Black Friday same as the batmobile last year.

11 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Box art and sticker sheet?

Pretty sure the box art is just a mock-up

Woah, mama. I counted approximately 35-40 studs from the center of the cockpit to the edge of the right wing. If the model is 70-80 studs wide, then it is about 55-60cm wide.

3 minutes ago, Surge said:

Pretty sure the box art is just a mock-up

There's a leak in the usual place that shows a sticker sheet and what seems to be the instructions manual, which does not seem like a mock-up.

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

Do you think this set will include any figures?

If the Tumbler and the 1989 Batmobile are anything to go by, I'd guess a couple figures at least.

I'm not familiar with this vehicle, though. Is it from the 1989 movie like the latest UCS Batmobile? If so, does Batman wear another costume in the movie, or would TLG provide the same figure as in the 1989 Batmobile set?

Just now, Terrasher said:

I'm not familiar with this vehicle, though. Is it from the 1989 movie like the latest UCS Batmobile? If so, does Batman wear another costume in the movie, or would TLG provide the same figure as in the 1989 Batmobile set?

Its not in Batman Returns so it wouldn't make sense for them to include Catwoman and Penguin.

There are plenty of 89 characters to make, Bruce, Alfred, Knox, Bob the Goon, Gordon, Harvey Dent even. I just feel like this one won’t include any figures as none of them are really fitting for a set solely with just the batwing. Batman and Joker would fit but obviously it’d take away from their exclusivity in the ucs set.

Yeah I don't think it'll come with figures but I hope for Bruce Wayne and Bob.

There is a variety of figures they can still do.

I would love to see a Crashed version of Batman, Joker dressed as a mime, and to top it off Alfred! 

The 1989 Batmobile is one of my favorite sets and I think it’s one of the best-designed ever, and I’m really excited for this Batwing, but I’m also kind of mystified and annoyed. First of all I really dislike how we don’t know about D2Cs in advance anymore because it makes it really hard to save up for them. I also never expected a Batwing set to release just a year after the Batmobile! I wasn’t sure we would ever get one, honestly. It looks great and I hadn’t even thought about the possible minifigures yet but I’m expecting a repeat of the 1989 Batman and really hoping for a Pfeiffer Catwoman even if this vehicle wasn’t in Batman Returns. I hope we see more images and get more information soon- it seems strangely early for an instruction manual to leak for a November set. 

Well this definetely comes as a surprise to me. DC isn't a theme with an average amount of sales, it really changes per wave. So that would mean that either 1) the Batmobile did super well and this set was designed asap or 2) they had faith in the Batman '89 line and dived headfirst into it with the Keatonmobile and Keatonwing. It's a surprise to be sure!

There were rumors last year that the November D2C, with its total of 3300-something parts, would be two models: a Batmobile and a Batwing, each with 1600-1700 parts or so.  It turned out that it was only the one model, a gigantic Batmobile.  Maybe there was some truth to the Batwing part of the rumor after all.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:25 AM, Moon_Knight said:

I think The Batman looks dark but it doesn't look any darker than The Dark Knight Rises or Batman v Superman (specifically the Batman warehouse) scene. If we've gotten sets for the previous Batman movies, then I don't see why we wouldn't get at least a batmobile for the Battinson movie.

Yeah, I was just gonna say BVS is possibly the darkest and most controversial Batman movie ever made, and it still got toys.

Only Joker is the major outlier by having zero merchandise.

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Looks like Lego isn't quite done with the Burton Batman movies just yet if this turns out to be legit. I'd love if we'd get a minifigure scale version like we did with the GWP Batmobile from last year, even though the Batwing from last year's Riddler Heist set was practically that. 

I am so hyped for this! When I originally heard there was gonna be a 1989 based set, I had hoped it would've been this instead of the Batmobile. I hope it comes with minifigs, my wishful lineup would be Bruce Wayne (in his tux from the intro scene), Joker in his mime outfit, and Alexander Knoxx. There is an actual picture leak going around that basically confirms this set is happening too. It has a lot more outer details then the batmobile does 

Edited by TOTDForever

Looks legit to me :thumbup: I wonder why there weren’t any rumours though... Sure, we’ve only just recently learned about this years Winter Village set and the Collosseum, but at least we knew about their set numbers beforehand! This one completely comes out of the blue, even more so than the NES which we at least had heard some VERY vague rumours about. If this is real, it might help explain why we got less regular sets this year compared to Marvel, just to balance things out between them I guess. Two D2Cs in the span of a year plus a CMF is worth replacing multiple regular sets in my book :grin:

Personally, I’m hoping for two things with this:

1. A display stand, otherwise this is gonna be a nightmare to display
  2. Some minifigs from Batman Returns :wub_drool:

Wow, this came out of nowhere, but that's a reallly nice surprise! More 1989 Batman sets are always welcome, I hope this one comes with a display stand for the second movie - this time with Batman, Catwoman and Penguin. 

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, this came out of nowhere, but that's a reallly nice surprise! More 1989 Batman sets are always welcome, I hope this one comes with a display stand for the second movie - this time with Batman, Catwoman and Penguin. 

I would love that, even though it doesn't appear in Batman Returns. This set will sell like hotcakes if they included figs from that movie. Personally I think the dynamic design of his suit in Batman Returns warrants a new version. The bat symbol, eye shape on the cowl, and ab section are all different and more armored looking.

If they make a Returns Batsuit, I really hope the logo is printed on the chest as well as the molded cape/cowl piece this time so that we could at least have the option of switching it out for a standard cape and regular cowl that would allow him to fit in the minifig scale 1989 Batmobile. Or make the cape a separate piece from the cowl so that it isn't stuck in one pose the entire time.

If this does turn out to be real, it’s certainly great news. I’ll really look forward to having this and the UCS Batmobile sets together. So long as the two sets are complimentary in terms of scale then that’s great. If they went with complimentary as a theme, then it would certainly make sense to have three figures. A repeat of the same three figures doesn’t seem to make sense. So...if you look at the Burton films as companion pieces, maybe Batman, Catwoman and Penguin do make sense?