Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

This is extremely unlikely, but it would be really cool to get some Daily Planet characters.

Granted, we have Lois Lane from the DCEU, but c'mon, we've got to get a comic version Lois (and Jimmy Olsen, of course).

That being said, if we didnt get any Superman sets for his 80th anniversary I doubt we're getting any now. (Maybe in 2039?)

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Yes!

Ah, finally someone who aknowledges the best DC character ever.

21 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Is it too much to hope for a dark knights metal minifigure? Namely The Batman who laughs.

Well, we did get Joker from TDKR, so its certainly possible.

But knowing lego, they'd probably make him SDCC exclussive or put him in a mediocre overpriced set.

id hope a second dc cmf line would focus more on villains. Whats a guy gotta do to get more wonder woman villains in his collection. Im still mad they didnt make a Dr. Poison figure based on the movie, since that was the best chance she had.

46 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

But knowing lego, they'd probably make him SDCC exclussive or put him in a mediocre overpriced set.

The Batman Who Laughs is impossible to make without a new mold so that already rules out SDCC. And why would LEGO put a nightmarish version of Batman in a set, that's gonna be difficult to market for kids. A CMF is definetely the only way we'd ever get him

3 hours ago, pinataben53 said:

id hope a second dc cmf line would focus more on villains. Whats a guy gotta do to get more wonder woman villains in his collection. Im still mad they didnt make a Dr. Poison figure based on the movie, since that was the best chance she had.

I made a Dr Poison using the swimming cap, ninja mask, Red Skull torso, skirt piece, and ironically the Wonder Woman Mighty Micro head. Likewise the Iron Man MM head is good for Dr Psycho. Obviously official versions would be preferable. I want to see Giganta, Ares and Silver Swan for starters.

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Why not market a Lego Batman set at 18+! 

I guess that could work but look at it this way:

- The only themes to have received 18+ sets are the really big ones

- DC's sales are average, not particularly great or bad

- A lot of budget would go into molds for figures like The Batman Who Laughs, which would result in cut corners in other parts of the build

- The main audience for Super Hero sets are still kids, otherwise we wouldn't have an army of Batvehicles as massive as the one we have

It's possible but realistically I don't see it happening :def_shrug:

19 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I guess that could work but look at it this way:

- The only themes to have received 18+ sets are the really big ones

The Bespin Duel set is a $40 set that will be 295 pieces and 18+.  You're point is valid, but now we have a small Star Wars set, who knows?

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

The Bespin Duel set is a $40 set that will be 295 pieces and 18+.  You're point is valid, but now we have a small Star Wars set, who knows?

I'm not saying 18+ sets can't be small, I said the only themes to have received 18+ sets are the ones that sell really well. DC has existed for many years so LEGO won't just give us an 18+ set to see how well it does (like the NES for Super Mario) because they already know how this theme performs. And that's an argument one can use to explain why LEGO is unlikely to produce 18+ sets for DC. But we'll see :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

And that's an argument one can use to explain why LEGO is unlikely to produce 18+ sets for DC. But we'll see :shrug_oh_well: 

I’m 99.9% sure the Burtonmobile would have been an 18+ set if the label existed last year :wink: Heck, its boxart even had the 18+ style background with the set information on the very bottom :laugh: I wouldn’t be surprised if this boxart was a sort of prototype for the 18+ style, I mean just look at it

Even if we get an 18+ Batman set, like the comments above have said we're unlikely to get Joaquin Phoenix Joker or the Batman Who Laughs due to them being too mature and violent for the younger audience. I would, however, love some 18+ remakes of The Dark Knight trilogy sets. 

Edited by HarryVader

On 7/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I’m 99.9% sure the Burtonmobile would have been an 18+ set if the label existed last year :wink: Heck, its boxart even had the 18+ style background with the set information on the very bottom :laugh: I wouldn’t be surprised if this boxart was a sort of prototype for the 18+ style, I mean just look at it

The Burton Batmobile and Old Trafford were released with their specific box art to test the waters on the 18+ line so technically theres already been a DC 18+ set.

In terms of CMF i'd love a DCAU animated series run

Two-Face, the mad hatter, Ra's, Alfred,Montoya,  The Grey Ghost (the best dcau character), Batman Beyond, Metallo, Lois and/or Jimmy, HARDAK and then some of the Justice league/unlimited heroes/villains

I think it would sell - theres plenty of selling points for AFOLs, bat fans and general lego fans

This is off topic, but has anyone seen any design work online for the vehicles in "Batman: Family Matters".  I love Nightwing's car, and am trying to recreate it.  (Nightwing is in need of a vehicle!)  I can recreate a certain amount from screencaps (such as this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10327712/mediaviewer/rm2551618817), but not, for example, the chassis...

12 hours ago, n1majneb said:

The Burton Batmobile and Old Trafford were released with their specific box art to test the waters on the 18+ line so technically theres already been a DC 18+ set.

In terms of CMF i'd love a DCAU animated series run

Two-Face, the mad hatter, Ra's, Alfred,Montoya,  The Grey Ghost (the best dcau character), Batman Beyond, Metallo, Lois and/or Jimmy, HARDAK and then some of the Justice league/unlimited heroes/villains

I think it would sell - theres plenty of selling points for AFOLs, bat fans and general lego fans

They really just need to copy the Action figures that DC have released for the animated series! 

Some great designs there! 

23 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

This is off topic, but has anyone seen any design work online for the vehicles in "Batman: Family Matters".  I love Nightwing's car, and am trying to recreate it.  (Nightwing is in need of a vehicle!)  I can recreate a certain amount from screencaps (such as this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10327712/mediaviewer/rm2551618817), but not, for example, the chassis...

I’m personally not a huge fan of vehicles that don’t exist within the comic canon but I remember seeing that vehicle in the Family Matters movie and thinking it looked pretty cool.

It’s always a little disappointing to see all these awesome minifigures in the video games like Lego Batman 3, Lego DC Super Villains and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and to never see them come to life. I was extremely pleased when the 66 Batcave came out, even though Batman didn’t have the same cowl mold from the game. I’d been dying to have the Adam West Batman and my personal favorite batmobile. I really, really hope we get all these rad New Gods minifigures from the Lego DC Super Villains game. Hopefully the upcoming New Gods movie influences Lego to release some kind of set.

12 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Does anyone know how well the recent Batman sets sold?Because this year we only got 3 measly sets compeared to last year.

That's still way too soon to tell. At least in the first 2-3 weeks I saw the Bat truck doing fairly well but the other 2 not so much, how well they've done overall is something we'd have to look at in a couple of months though

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's still way too soon to tell. At least in the first 2-3 weeks I saw the Bat truck doing fairly well but the other 2 not so much, how well they've done overall is something we'd have to look at in a couple of months though

I'm talking about the sets from last year.Last year we got 6 sets (or 8 if you count the junior sets)but this year we only got 3 sets (2 normal and 1 junior).The lack of sets compared to last year is concerning.Did the 2019 sets sold so badly that the number of sets this year got reduced?

7 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm talking about the sets from last year.Last year we got 6 sets (or 8 if you count the junior sets)but this year we only got 3 sets (2 normal and 1 junior).The lack of sets compared to last year is concerning.Did the 2019 sets sold so badly that the number of sets this year got reduced?

Don’t forget we also got a CMF this year too. They probably didn’t want to distract people away from the CMF.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Don’t forget we also got a CMF this year too. They probably didn’t want to distract people away from the CMF.

Agreed on this - I’d bet the majority of this year’s DC budget went into the CMF to try something new. Maybe LEGO finally figured out the vast majority of these sets, save a few outstanding ones, are bought mainly for the figs.

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

Agreed on this - I’d bet the majority of this year’s DC budget went into the CMF to try something new. Maybe LEGO finally figured out the vast majority of these sets, save a few outstanding ones, are bought mainly for the figs.

And by the time they figured out that, this year’s sets had already been designed. Either next year or 2022 should be good. 2021 was “finalised” at the end of 2019 so it might be 2022 we see the improvements if your theory is correct (it’s a good one too).

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

And by the time they figured out that, this year’s sets had already been designed. Either next year or 2022 should be good. 2021 was “finalised” at the end of 2019 so it might be 2022 we see the improvements if your theory is correct (it’s a good one too).

Right - I was referring to the fact that we only got three regular sets this year as opposed to the normal amount, which suggests to me that they figured it out a few years back and used this year as a trial run to see what sells better and try to strike the right balance between CMFs and sets (because we can't have a CMF a year of course)

12 hours ago, legozebra said:

Right - I was referring to the fact that we only got three regular sets this year as opposed to the normal amount, which suggests to me that they figured it out a few years back and used this year as a trial run to see what sells better and try to strike the right balance between CMFs and sets (because we can't have a CMF a year of course)

Ohhhh. I see. That’s a great theory, I hope it plays out successfully next year.

My LUG had a Miniland figure build challenge and my offering felt apt for here:

Nightwing legoland minifig inspired build

A few meetings before was a minifigure habitat for Nightwing too:

Nightwing habitat

Enjoy,

Edited by n1majneb
Spelling,