Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I've just finish the 76160: Mobile Bat Base and I'm with mixed feelings. The cabin of the truck is so low on details (inside)... cockpit of the plane too. Also the plane don't "click" anywhere to the trailer and it's so ugly... . Tons of stickers and almost none printed parts. There isn't any stud shooters mounted at any of the vehickes o_O (this isn't a minus, nor a plus, I'm just amazed Lego missed to put stud shooters xD ).

Overall the set isn't bad, but for the amount of money it cost, they can do better for sure. I'm glad atleast I got it on discount for 73 euro with the 2 other sets (76158 and 76159 for total 118 euro).

1 hour ago, Stormfury said:

I've just finish the 76160: Mobile Bat Base and I'm with mixed feelings. The cabin of the truck is so low on details (inside)... cockpit of the plane too. Also the plane don't "click" anywhere to the trailer and it's so ugly... . Tons of stickers and almost none printed parts. There isn't any stud shooters mounted at any of the vehickes o_O (this isn't a minus, nor a plus, I'm just amazed Lego missed to put stud shooters xD ).

Overall the set isn't bad, but for the amount of money it cost, they can do better for sure. I'm glad atleast I got it on discount for 73 euro with the 2 other sets (76158 and 76159 for total 118 euro).

That's why you buy all superhero sets on sale! That way you get justification for purchasing a set with a mark up to pay for the licensing fees.

I still need to buy all these sets,  poor design good design,  I'm just a sucker for DC sets and some Marvel. 

More for the batcave! 

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

That's why you buy all superhero sets on sale! That way you get justification for purchasing a set with a mark up to pay for the licensing fees.

I still need to buy all these sets,  poor design good design,  I'm just a sucker for DC sets and some Marvel. 

More for the batcave! 

Yeah I'm getting them all, for the collection no matter if they are good or bad. At this moment I'm missing only Shazam polybag 30623. Expecting it to arrive next week :) 

100.jpg

4 hours ago, Stormfury said:

Yeah I'm getting them all, for the collection no matter if they are good or bad. At this moment I'm missing only Shazam polybag 30623. Expecting it to arrive next week :) 

100.jpg

Nice, I'm not too far off from you. Need all the 2020 stuff and the shazam poly bag.

Hoping for more sets next year! 

When does the DVD release happen for the shazam lego movie? 

Next on my list is to get the Bat-Wing then the 2020 stuff. I won't bother with the polybag since the Bat-Wing has the same minifigure except different head accessories.

On 6/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, Stormfury said:

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Not sure what happened there. 

You know what would be cool , variety if DC sets placed like a board game, like what there doing with super Mario and ninjago!

Edited by Lionbear8

Not LEGO related but the Ultimate Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us is free to download on PS4, Xbox and PC untill June 25th

Is the lego Shazam minifigure in the dvd for magic and monsters different from the one that comes in the 2019 batman set/ploybag?

9 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Is the lego Shazam minifigure in the dvd for magic and monsters different from the one that comes in the 2019 batman set/ploybag?

The set version has a hood and the polybag a hairpiece, other than that I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same

Can anyone quickly confirm whether the Bat-Off-Roader (as I call it because it's way too bulky to be a normal Batmobile) has a sticker or printed Batman logo on the hood? I'm considering getting that set for the Robin and Harley Quinn mini figures as parts and repurposing the car for a MOC since I really don't need another Batmobile. 

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Can anyone quickly confirm whether the Bat-Off-Roader (as I call it because it's way too bulky to be a normal Batmobile) has a sticker or printed Batman logo on the hood? I'm considering getting that set for the Robin and Harley Quinn mini figures as parts and repurposing the car for a MOC since I really don't need another Batmobile. 

They look stickers, you can always check the building instructions to be sure. I won’t check them because I want the building process to be a surprise whenever I buy the set.

3 hours ago, mgetz said:

I’m pretty sure that the one with the DVD is the polybag one.

20 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

There are 11 stickers of which that is one, and one printed tile for the engine. The engine is on a 2x2 jumper plate so is removable. It’s not a bad build, but it’s proof again that Lego can design a car wide enough for two and insist on it being a single seater. Including the wheels it’s 12 wide, and 10 wide without. The new capes are made out of the original material and actually sit pretty well on the figure.

8 minutes ago, mgetz said:

will there be snyder cut sets?

Considering the justice league movie sets were shelve warmers most likely no 

14 hours ago, mgetz said:

will there be snyder cut sets?

If sets of a cinematic version of JL didn't interest people, a director's cut version of JL that's exclusive to HBO Max would interest even less people.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If sets of a cinematic version of JL didn't interest people, a director's cut version of JL that's exclusive to HBO Max would interest even less people.

That's why they should make JL comic sets based off the comics! 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

That's why they should make JL comic sets based off the comics! 

They did in 2015, and there must be reason they pretty much gave up on that idea soon thereafter, a reason that involves a crossed out capital „s“ :tongue: Hey, at least they‘re willing to sprinkle JL memebers across regular Batman sets. The CMF series was also much appreciated.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly. The Synder „Cut“ is too niche for sets to be released based on it and even if it was a wide release, I very much doubt that the new material would actually warrant sets in addition to the three we got. It‘s basically more of the same with a few cut characters like Darkseid added back in :purrr: 

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They did in 2015, and there must be reason they pretty much gave up on that idea soon thereafter, a reason that involves a crossed out capital „s“ :tongue: Hey, at least they‘re willing to sprinkle JL memebers across regular Batman sets. The CMF series was also much appreciated.

Don't forget the Justice League wave we got in 2018!

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't forget the Justice League wave we got in 2018!

Good point :thumbup: I thought of them as „Batsy and friends“ sets, but he actually was only included in one of these three sets and none of the villains were from his rogues gallery, so they definitely count as JL sets. My bad :blush:

I'm aware the odds of a wave of sets is unlikely, but how about a one-off set for the Snydercut? Maybe just a couple of polybags, or an accessory set? Would die for a figure based on Joe Manganiellos Deathstroke 

I know its a long while off, but what're the odds of us getting sets for Black Adam? I'm not aware why Shazam had no sets but seeing as it had none its easy to assume Black Adam wouldnt? Although it does have the Rock starring, my guess is he'll be thrown into some random set much like Shazam

8 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I'm aware the odds of a wave of sets is unlikely, but how about a one-off set for the Snydercut? Maybe just a couple of polybags, or an accessory set? Would die for a figure based on Joe Manganiellos Deathstroke 

I know its a long while off, but what're the odds of us getting sets for Black Adam? I'm not aware why Shazam had no sets but seeing as it had none its easy to assume Black Adam wouldnt? Although it does have the Rock starring, my guess is he'll be thrown into some random set much like Shazam

The chances of getting Snyder Cut sets are basically 0. It's pure logic, Lego isn't that stupid. They wouldn't make a set based on a director cut of a movie that's exclusive to a new streaming service

As for Black Adam, there are definitely some chances. With Justice Society of America (Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher, Hawkman and Cyclone were all in the script), I think they could pull of a great set or maybe even two.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The chances of getting Snyder Cut sets are basically 0. It's pure logic, Lego isn't that stupid. They wouldn't make a set based on a director cut of a movie that's exclusive to a new streaming service

Exactly. And a movie they‘ve already released sets for three years ago at that, which apparently were shelf-warmers to begin with. Besides, as I‘ve mentioned before, I don‘t think there‘s any new content in the „Snyder cut“ that would actually warrant new sets :wink: It‘s still mainly a different cut at the end of the day and not an entirely new film, no matter what some of the more hardcore fans may think.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, Fenghuang0296 said:

You should definitely buy this set - i absolutely love this. The engine detailing is nice and i really like the Damian/Robin figure.

The Joker mobile is surprisingly fun too. I slightly modded both vehicles (Under the panels for the armoured Bat 4x4 and a Mallet holder for the Trike)

Annoyingly i'm going to have to revisit my Batcave and perhaps expand to accommodate more vehicles now.

Thanks for the comments on 76160 @Stormfury i've been. debating getting this but more for my favourite DC character Nightwing (I'm still bitter that the comics have recently been doing him a massive disservice) and Batgirl.

I don't really 'get' a Bat lorry without a Gordon as Batman angle