Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Will we ever get a Black Mask figure?

Someday, I am sure we will. As long as there are sets still being released, thereĀ is always a chance. Hope doesn't die until the line ends. I am grateful that we are still getting new characters, no matter how few and far between they are.

13 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Someday, I am sure we will. As long as there are sets still being released, thereĀ is always a chance. Hope doesn't die until the line ends. I am grateful that we are still getting new characters, no matter how few and far between they are.

Even in the event the line ends, both DC and Marvel aren't the first time Lego's used those franchises, and Harry Potter came back too. You never know what might happen.

Bought and built the Batcave from last year. Absolutely fantastic! It seems huge and well worth Ā£95. My biggest LEGO Set ever.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Bought and built the Batcave from last year. Absolutely fantastic! It seems huge and well worth Ā£95. My biggest LEGO Set ever.

It trulyĀ  is a well laid out set! The detail n each section is great!Ā 

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

It trulyĀ  is a well laid out set! The detail n each section is great!Ā 

I love it! I think Clayface looks better than the 2017 one in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

*oh2*Ā outrageous accusation! I jest, he is pretty cool. It means I get Hagen and Karlo. Have you got the Batwing to sit in its bay? I have to say itā€™s my favourite ā€˜caveĀ alongside the movie set.

I actually think the Summer 2019 Batman sets were the best DC sets in a good while. I have no clue why they got so much hate for all of them including great designs and being reasonably priced.Ā 

I have to admit up until building the new Batcave I disliked the Clayface design but once I actually saw it for myself it was a pretty great design, definitely better than the 2017 version, although that set in itself wasn't half bad either.Ā 

13 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Please don't say thatĀ :cry2:

Just a joke tho :wink: It's ok that you like him more. I didn't honestly think that someone could look at this figure and say "It looks good" or even worse - look at it and say "It's better than TLBM Clayface".

Anyone else have a feeling that the January wave of DC sets are gonna be bothĀ lower quality and quantity like the January 2019 wave. I feel like its some sort of conspiracy with Lego that they would want to release moreĀ Marvel (or should I say Spiderman) sets at the same time to help market the new game, which would take the focus off ofĀ DC (aka Batman) sets.

Then again like every DC setĀ since like January 2018 has been lackluster, excluding a few Summer 2019 sets imo

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just a joke tho :wink: It's ok that you like him more. I didn't honestly think that someone could look at this figure and say "It looks good" or even worse - look at it and say "It's better than TLBM Clayface".

Personally I prefer the 2019 Clayface because he's a lot smaller, making him closer in size to minifigs and easier to deal with in general (and he has hands!). Honestly though I'd prefer a bigfig or even a minifig based on the DC Supervillains game.

22 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

*oh2*Ā outrageous accusation! I jest, he is pretty cool. It means I get Hagen and Karlo. Have you got the Batwing to sit in its bay? I have to say itā€™s my favourite ā€˜caveĀ alongside the movie set.

LOL! I will be buying the Batwing at some point (I also think itā€™s the best Batwing LEGO have ever created) then 2019 2HY will be complete.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Heā€™s not without flaws tbh. The joints need to be recoloured. And the ā€œlamp holdersā€ that are used to flex his fingers.

15 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I actually think the Summer 2019 Batman sets were the best DC sets in a good while. I have no clue why they got so much hate for all of them including great designs and being reasonably priced.Ā 

I have to admit up until building the new Batcave I disliked the Clayface design but once I actually saw it for myself it was a pretty great design, definitely better than the 2017 version, although that set in itself wasn't half bad either.Ā 

Agreed. Makes me excited for 2021!

This is extremely unlikely but Iā€™m hoping we get a MothCave complete with a MothMobile and MothCopter. I would like Displays cases built into his lair which display other costumesĀ too. #TreatKillerMothLikeBatman2021

The only DC thing I hope we get in 2021 are The Batman sets. It will definitely be a PG-13 movie, but it seems like it will be a pretty dark and deep movie. I hope we get at least one set like we got for TDKR, but I think they won't miss a chance to make some great merchandise.Ā 

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only DC thing I hope we get in 2021 are The Batman sets. It will definitely be a PG-13 movie, but it seems like it will be a pretty dark and deep movie. I hope we get at least one set like we got for TDKR, but I think they won't miss a chance to make some great merchandise.Ā 

I would hope we get at least 3 sets, I mean it will have to be 1 set for the bat cycle,Ā  1 set for the batmobile ( Lego loves vehilces) and hoping for a large play set,Ā  I keep hearing about a church scene been filmed.Ā  3 sets would be perfect with a mini Batmobile polybag.Ā 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Considering the movie comes out October 2021, the set(s) will likely come out June/August meaning we should get comic-based sets in January as normal. We could even get comic-based sets as well as The Batman in Summer.

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I would hope we get at least 3 sets, I mean it will have to be 1 set for the bat cycle,Ā  1 set for the batmobile ( Lego loves vehilces) and hoping for a large play set,Ā  I keep hearing about a church scene been filmed.Ā  3 sets would be perfect with a mini Batmobile polybag.Ā 

Yeah, but what I mean is that I hope it won't be another case of a "PG-13 movie that's too dark for Lego to make sets based on".Ā 

I really hope we get at least a polybag for Black adam or even a small set, I also hope they will make The Suicide Squad or comic based sets like they did back in 2016, those leaked pictures looked really cool with great minifugre potential, The Batman will 100% get sets, Im also hoping we get some sort of Snyder cut polybag or anything but I highly doubt lego will do anyhtingĀ with that which I understand but i can dream

On 6/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, but what I mean is that I hope it won't be another case of a "PG-13 movie that's too dark for Lego to make sets based on".Ā 

Good point!

On 6/6/2020 at 5:22 AM, mgetz said:

Will we ever get a Black Mask figure?

Cmf Jokers suit, the weird pearl dark grey mask from an alienĀ space theme and a custom printed head making a skull with teeth out of this mask should work well.

Edited by Gorilla94

12 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Cmf Jokers suit, the weird pearl dark grey mask from an alienĀ space theme and a custom printed head making a skull with teeth out of this mask should work well.

What he meant was if we'll ever get and official Black Mask minfigure. Some people don't like making purist minifigures, and they would like an official minfigure.

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What he meant was if we'll ever get and official Black Mask minfigure. Some people don't like making purist minifigures, and they would like an official minfigure.

Oh, sorry^^'Ā I wasn't sure about that. Never understood the "I only collect official purist figures"-thing. I only prefer official ones because making my customs isĀ an insane amount of work so thatĀ I only make them when I give up hope on Lego delivering missing characters... ^^' If it was more about the ability to do customs on a official quality level, this custom figure would be great for beginners.

Edited by Gorilla94

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Oh, sorry^^'Ā I wasn't sure about that. Never understood the "I only collect official purist figures"-thing. I only prefer official ones because making my customs isĀ an insane amount of work so thatĀ I only make them when I give up hope on Lego delivering missing characters... ^^' If it was more about the ability to do customs on a official quality level, this custom figure would be great for beginners.

Which alien headgear are you suggesting? The only one I can think of is the wrong colour and not the right look. The black fantasy skull is probably the best thing we have currently.