Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I don't know what's preventing Lego from making Suicide Squad sets. Sure the name is potentially problematic for parents, but they can just name the sets "the Squad" or something. I hope if they can't make Suicide Squad sets, they at least do the same as they did with 2016's Suicide Squad movie and release comic book versions of those characters in Batman sets.

I wouldn't see any problem in them doing what they did before, throwing the characters into Batman sets. But they don't need to be plastered with the names 'Suicide Squad' or 'Task Force X'. For AFOLs it's never been about what name is on the box, just which figures are in the set

I hope they'll do that with Joaquin Phoenix Joker and Jaret Leto Joker at some point

I'd be nice to get every Joker incarnation

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I hope they'll do that with Joaquin Phoenix Joker and Jaret Leto Joker at some point

I'd be nice to get every Joker incarnation

Joaquin will never happen. Leto doesn't seem likely if he doesn't return in the future, but maybe not so impossible

Edited by Quicksilver838

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Joaquin will never happen. Leto doesn't seem likely if he doesn't return in the future, but maybe not so impossible

Yeah, I’d love Jokequin in LEGO form too but I don’t see LEGO going near that with a fifty-foot pole except as maybe a convention exclusive or D2C exclusive figure. 

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I don't know what's preventing Lego from making Suicide Squad sets. Sure the name is potentially problematic for parents, but they can just name the sets "the Squad" or something. I hope if they can't make Suicide Squad sets, they at least do the same as they did with 2016's Suicide Squad movie and release comic book versions of those characters in Batman sets.

Well, besides the name:

Isn't this next one supposed to be rated R?

The previous one is definitely much more adult than your standard superhero film, even if it was still pg-13.

I think we'd most likely see something like what you mention at the end, and get suicide squad characters in batman sets.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If DC is smart enough they can use that Joker design in any animated movie, so LEGO can release a minifgure based on the animated feature, that just happens to look like Joaquin Phoenix Joker

That way DC can profit out of that version of the character with merch

So... Do we have any explanation why we have like what? 4 DC sets this year? This is probably the smallest number of sets the theme ever had. 

15 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

So... Do we have any explanation why we have like what? 4 DC sets this year? This is probably the smallest number of sets the theme ever had. 

Don't forget the CMF series :wink: 

Personally, I don't mind this year's low amount of sets that much. I see it as a compensation for 2017/18, both of which were dominated by DC thanks to TLBM

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't forget the CMF series :wink: 

Personally, I don't mind this year's low amount of sets that much. I see it as a compensation for 2017/18, both of which were dominated by DC thanks to TLBM

Well, people could say that, I'm just dissapointed by the designs the sets have. Only WW84 set is good. Marvel this year is getting a lot of good sets and I hoped for that with DC too. Maybe next year we get more sets with three movies coming and one being a Batman film too. 

The CMF is great. I really hope LEGO will reuse the batman piece introduced in it in future sets. I'm still surprised lego uses the old batman mask mold in 2020 sets(the 4+ penguin set). Wonder when are they gonna retire it since we are not gonna get any more Lego Movie Batman. 

Edited by Harkonen

Any idea how the DC cmf sold? In my area it's on discount. I wonder if we get a series 2.

1 hour ago, Harkonen said:

Any idea how the DC cmf sold? In my area it's on discount. I wonder if we get a series 2.

Afaik it sold fairly well but we can't really answer this question as LEGO (obviously) doesn't share how well something sells. Who knows if we'll get another series? We'll just have to wait and see

Kingdom Come Superman leaked... is it real or fake/custom?

EDIT: Nevermind. I think it uses parts from a bootlego brand, POGO.

Edited by The Pearson

On 5/31/2020 at 3:28 AM, The Pearson said:

Kingdom Come Superman leaked... is it real or fake/custom?

EDIT: Nevermind. I think it uses parts from a bootlego brand, POGO.

Leaking 101, if the Instagram page posting these leaks has less than 50 followers, it's fake. If it has over 1000 followers, it's probably legit

29 minutes ago, Ashleybricks said:

Does anyone know if there is a LEGO Batman set based off the tim Burton Batman movies?

There are two, the UCS batmobile and a normal scale batmobile which was store exclusive I think? There is another batmobile that released last year that kind of resembles the Burton one. I wish they did sets based on them and on TDK trilogy too. 

38 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

There are two, the UCS batmobile and a normal scale batmobile which was store exclusive I think?

Nope, that was a GWP :wink: Probably one of the biggest GWP sets they’ve ever released, I mean that easily could’ve been a regular set :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Ashleybricks said:

Does anyone know if there is a LEGO Batman set based off the tim Burton Batman movies?

Yup, 76139 "1989 Batmobile" released last November. It costs $250 and includes 3306 pieces. 

This GWP that was mentioned above is hard to get, tou would probably have to Bricklink it for a pretty big price. Also, it doesn't include any minfigs. 

12 hours ago, Harkonen said:

There are two, the UCS batmobile and a normal scale batmobile which was store exclusive I think? There is another batmobile that released last year that kind of resembles the Burton one. I wish they did sets based on them and on TDK trilogy too. 

They did make sets based on TDK trilogy:

We got Bane and Joker

20 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Thank you! I would love a poison ivy mr freeze batgirl set lol like the scene where they steal the diamond

13 hours ago, JediJosh said:

They did make sets based on TDK trilogy:

We got Bane and Joker

And also there was this super rare Bat-Pod, although this one came without minfigures. 

I am so happy that I got TDKR set when it was available, I bet this one's gonna sell for a bug price in a few or more years.

So, there is already a Build Review of the Bat-base. A nice set, lots of play features, including a rotating mechanism in the center for the chair and the weapon's rack. The small vehicles are nicely hidden. I like the truck and the figs, I think the only flaw of the set is the aircraft, which has small wings in a big non-aerodynamical body.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
English

Don’t know if its been mentioned here already but Lego has been selling polybags on their site recently and one of them is The Lego Batman Movie Disco Batman/Tears of Batman one. Its $3.99, pretty great deal especially if anyone missed out on it. Much better than ebay and even Bricklink prices. As I recall it was a GwP.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/disco-batman-tears-of-batman-30607?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv/vWYkQIY-2014326-115554-30607

4 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Don’t know if its been mentioned here already but Lego has been selling polybags on their site recently and one of them is The Lego Batman Movie Disco Batman/Tears of Batman one. Its $3.99, pretty great deal especially if anyone missed out on it. Much better than ebay and even Bricklink prices. As I recall it was a GwP.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/disco-batman-tears-of-batman-30607?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv/vWYkQIY-2014326-115554-30607

It's a regional thing, they're not on the dutch S@H

I like that set even more after this review, such a good and unique Batman set with a great selection of minifigures. I would love to see how Batman looks with those different capes tho.