Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean there are no more sets left to report on so I’m not sure what news you are talking about 

The magazine release bud! 

11 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

The magazine release bud! 

Do you know what next month's is supposed to be? Usually there's a preview in the current magazine.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are rumors of a JL Snydercut announcement later this week but that definetely won't end in more LEGO sets

The source that reported on that is apparently less than reliable, so I wouldn‘t be surprised if nothing was coming. Personally, I hope it gets released so people can finally stop complaining about it :tongue: ...who am I kidding, people will never stop complaining

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The source that reported on that is apparently less than reliable, so I wouldn‘t be surprised if nothing was coming. Personally, I hope it gets released so people can finally stop complaining about it :tongue: ...who am I kidding, people will never stop complaining

The person I got it from is Grace Randolph from Beyond the Trailer, she's reliable. But we'll see :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The person I got it from is Grace Randolph from Beyond the Trailer, she's reliable. But we'll see :shrug_oh_well:

That‘s a different source, so maybe there is something to it after all. In my view, this will probably not be a finished product, but rather a re-edit with missing scenes added in the form of storyboards or rough animatics. This is why I find the term „Snyder Cut“ silly, there simply is no cut here. He left mid-way through production and a lot of the scenes he had in mind were never even filmed. 

So these are the options:

1) The rumours are false, no Snyder version is coming. People complain

2) It is coming, but an unfinished version with storyboards. People complain

3) By some miracle, WB pumped money into this and finished the missing scenes (:laugh_hard:). Scenes hinting at JL part 2 which is never coming are intact. People complain

Conclusion: people will complain. The end

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s a different source, so maybe there is something to it after all. In my view, this will probably not be a finished product, but rather a re-edit with missing scenes added in the form of storyboards or rough animatics. This is why I find the term „Snyder Cut“ silly, there simply is no cut here. He left mid-way through production and a lot of the scenes he had in mind were never even filmed. 

So these are the options:

1) The rumours are false, no Snyder version is coming. People complain

2) It is coming, but an unfinished version with storyboards. People complain

3) By some miracle, WB pumped money into this and finished the missing scenes (:laugh_hard:). Scenes hinting at JL part 2 which is never coming are intact. People complain

Conclusion: people will complain. The end

WB will probably just do it because their streaming service is really lacking content. Make the 'Snydercut', chop it into a few parts and they have content for a month or two

38 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Snyder Cut is real, theyre spending 20-30 million on it.....maybe some sets are coming for it?

Once again proves Grace is a reliable source but I wouldn't expect any new sets

50 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Snyder Cut is real, theyre spending 20-30 million on it.....maybe some sets are coming for it?

Considering how the justice league sets I’m pretty sure sold poorly especially the biggest set, I don’t see sets coming for this

I doubt we'll see any direct sets based on the film, but with renewed public attention, I suspect we'll see more Leaguer attendance in next year's sets, the way Lego sometimes does when they don't adapt a movie character directly.

Just some more info on the 'Snydercut':

- Releases in 2021

- Consists of 6 35 minute episodes that will most likely air weekly

- Will be named 'Zack Snyder's Justice League'

- A proper continuation of BvS 

- A lot of VFX work yet to be done

- New cameo's being included

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

- Consists of 6 35 minute episodes that will most likely air weekly

Not really tho, they still don't know if it'll be a movie or a mini-series.

They said it will either be a nearly 4 hour long movie OR a 6 episode mini series (possibly 40 minutes per episode).

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just some more info on the 'Snydercut':

- New cameo's being included

That's got to be Shazam...

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not really tho, they still don't know if it'll be a movie or a mini-series.

They said it will either be a nearly 4 hour long movie OR a 6 episode mini series (possibly 40 minutes per episode).

Watch Grace Randolph's video on it, she's got inside sources and says it's 6 35 minute episodes

I would like to see comic based sets on the JL!.

Fingers crossed we get get a better year next year in number if sets released!

There's a new theme called Brick Sketches with 2 DC sets: Joker and Batman

P1038645.JPG

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this

They're well made but not really my thing

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's a new theme called Brick Sketches with 2 DC sets: Joker and Batman

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this

They're well made but not really my thing

Finally something DC!

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

I would like to see comic based sets on the JL!.

Fingers crossed we get get a better year next year in number if sets released!

There were comic-based Justice League waves in 2015 and 2018, and yeah, two data points do not a trend line make, but I feel like that could bode well for 2021.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Watch Grace Randolph's video on it, she's got inside sources and says it's 6 35 minute episodes

They haven't decide yet tho, so there's no way to know which one it will be.

"It is currently unclear what form Snyder’s Justice League will take. Whether it will be released as an almost four-hour director’s cut or split into six "chapters" has yet to be decided [...]"

So much for nothing left for DC, haha. Display pieces like this usually aren't really my thing, although I have to admit Batman looks enticing... I suppose I'll wait and see what the prices on these are (or just wait for an inevitable sale).

@Anonknee Muss which head is that?

I like the Sketches, a nice bit of variety. And if Lego see the interest in the Snyder Cut and continue their weak trend of a JL year next year I’ll be happy. Another CMF would be sweet.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I wonder if the Snyder Cut news/release will drive up aftermarket prices on those three sets.

I doubt it. Only hardcore DC fans really care about the synder cut, and I'd guess the majority of them that buy legos already bought those set.

Batman's bricksketch is basic but works, joker's is pretty good.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Only hardcore DC fans really care about the synder cut, and I'd guess the majority of them that buy legos already bought those set.

Even as someone who's a (fairly) hardcore DC I don't even care about the Snyder Cut, so I highly doubt it has enough widespread appeal to have any impact.