Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think it's mainly because they still have Will Arnett on standby to do some voice work since he hosts the Lego Masters show, and because Batman has much more appeal to kids instead of original characters like Emmet or Lucy. 

19 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I think it's mainly because they still have Will Arnett on standby to do some voice work since he hosts the Lego Masters show, and because Batman has much more appeal to kids instead of original characters like Emmet or Lucy. 

This.

Also Universal owns the rights to LEGO movies now. It’s also questionable whether we will see any LEGO movies again with AMC and Regal Cinema’s announcements.

7 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This.

Also Universal owns the rights to LEGO movies now. It’s also questionable whether we will see any LEGO movies again with AMC and Regal Cinema’s announcements.

It’s a massive case of sour grapes, particularly on AMC’s part because they were so close to bankruptcy before Universal’s decision and even lockdown. If cinemas can’t operate in the same way for some time then the film companies will need another stream of income. The film industry will survive without cinemas if it has to.
Incidentally I thought Ralph Fiennes’s Alfred would make an ideal PSA voiceover for the foreseeable future. 

The Wonder Woman set is on backorder until the 13th May in the UK. Could this mean more playsets? Could this mean less Batman-centric sets? Only time will tell... and of course the leakers sometime down the line.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:23 AM, RedHoodPug said:

It’s a massive case of sour grapes, particularly on AMC’s part because they were so close to bankruptcy before Universal’s decision and even lockdown. If cinemas can’t operate in the same way for some time then the film companies will need another stream of income. The film industry will survive without cinemas if it has to.
Incidentally I thought Ralph Fiennes’s Alfred would make an ideal PSA voiceover for the foreseeable future. 

Nothing beats going to the cinema. I always find my experience at the cinema far superior to that at home.

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Nothing beats going to the cinema. I always find my experience at the cinema far superior to that at home.

Definetely agree

14 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The Wonder Woman set is on backorder until the 13th May in the UK. Could this mean more playsets? Could this mean less Batman-centric sets? Only time will tell... and of course the leakers sometime down the line.

The film isn’t out for a while, so we have time to get it :grin:

I agree, but cinemas can’t hold film companies to ransom because of their own financial difficulties. Cinemas need films to exist. Films don’t need cinemas, regardless of how one finds the experience.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I agree, but cinemas can’t hold film companies to ransom because of their own financial difficulties. Cinemas need films to exist. Films don’t need cinemas, regardless of how one finds the experience.

I completely agree which is why I think AMC and RegalCinema will go back on their decision.

Looking at DC sets on the official Australian website,  most sets are out of stock!  Is the same in other countries? 

54 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Looking at DC sets on the official Australian website,  most sets are out of stock!  Is the same in other countries? 

I checked both the U.K. shop and the US shop and both were only out of stock in key chains. I wouldn’t read so much into it

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Only 2 keychains are out of stock here, the WW84 set is on backorder

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I believe the Wonder Woman set has been taken out of stores because the movie has been delayed 

Edited by DeCommander96
Poor grammar

24 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I believe the Wonder Woman set has been taken out of stores because the movie has been delayed 

Nah it's just on backorder because it's a popular set. Hopefully lego will finally see this as a sign that people will buy DC sets if they put effort in them :wink:

Wasn't there some talk a while back about a 4+ Wonder Woman set coming this year? Was that just a rumor or has there been any solid news on that front?

4 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Wasn't there some talk a while back about a 4+ Wonder Woman set coming this year? Was that just a rumor or has there been any solid news on that front?

I believe the WW84 set was rumored to be a 4+ set late last year

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I believe the WW84 set was rumored to be a 4+ set late last year

That’s right. That was the original rumour for the WW84 set. I’m glad it wasn’t true.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

They won’t release the set then just pull it off mere weeks after it launched. If it was to be delayed it wouldn’t have launched in the first place.

11 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Fake rumour, not even sure where it came from as retailers from the start didn't list it as a 4+ set.

Besides the Mobile Bat Base and the Trike are we supposed to get anymore DC sets for the year? (Excluding 4+)

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Besides the Mobile Bat Base and the Trike are we supposed to get anymore DC sets for the year? (Excluding 4+)

Not that we know of.

6 hours ago, mgetz said:

Nope.

DC news slow of late!

I see the new Lego Batman Megazine issue 10 has the same rebirth figuare with the 4 arms attached  on the back!

Really slow year for any new Batman minifiguare designs!

4 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

DC news slow of late!

I see the new Lego Batman Megazine issue 10 has the same rebirth figuare with the 4 arms attached  on the back!

There are rumors of a JL Snydercut announcement later this week but that definetely won't end in more LEGO sets

20 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

DC news slow of late!

All the sets we know of for this year have been revealed, so unfortunately this is it until we get 2021 set leaks unless there's a surprise announcement.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are rumors of a JL Snydercut announcement later this week but that definetely won't end in more LEGO sets

HAHAHA. Are you joking? 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

DC news slow of late!

I mean there are no more sets left to report on so I’m not sure what news you are talking about