Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

That’s my only dislike of the set. I’m actually going to buy replacement windscreens (Tr Brown for the Truck and Tr for the flying vehicle) because the yellow windscreens don’t match with sets from this year and last year.

Uh oh, you‘ve just hit @Digger of Bricks‘s berserk button, this won‘t end well :grin:

Personally, I really like the trans-yellow canopies. They‘re more unique and they fit nicely with the vehicles from TLBM, if you ignore the lack of red lines :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nuh uh, the MPV of these sets are those two new Trans-Yellow windshield/canopy recolors... :tongue:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but between the profile picture and your favorite part of the set being the trans-yellow recolours, could you possibly be a classic space fan, by any chance? :laugh:

I like the capes, but the fact that the only set they're in under $50 is 4+ means I'll probably end up briklinking them.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:
7 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That’s my only dislike of the set. I’m actually going to buy replacement windscreens (Tr Brown for the Truck and Tr for the flying vehicle) because the yellow windscreens don’t match with sets from this year and last year.

Uh oh, you‘ve just hit @Digger of Bricks‘s berserk button, this won‘t end well :grin:

Nah, it's cool, I get where he's coming from... :laugh: ...but seriously, it is easy enough replacing colored windscreens with neutrals given that pretty much every mold already has a more muted recolor, so they might as well take advantage of every justifiable opportunity for the sake of Classic Spacers. :classic:

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but between the profile picture and your favorite part of the set being the trans-yellow recolours, could you possibly be a classic space fan, by any chance? :laugh:

I'm sure you already know that by now... :wink: :blush:

41 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nah, it's cool, I get where he's coming from... :laugh: ...but seriously, it is easy enough replacing colored windscreens with neutrals given that pretty much every mold already has a more muted recolor, so they might as well take advantage of every justifiable opportunity for the sake of Classic Spacers. :classic:

I agree. If it means having to splash for replacements so others can enjoy new recolours then I don’t mind :thumbup:

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I really like the trans-yellow canopies. They‘re more unique and they fit nicely with the vehicles from TLBM, if you ignore the lack of red lines :tongue:

Red lines shouldn’t be hard to put in. Just replace a layer of plates with red ones.

58 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

:laugh:

I like the mobile bat base set a lot. I'm a sucker for features where you can pull a smaller vehicle out of a bigger vehicle

2 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I like the mobile bat base set a lot. I'm a sucker for features where you can pull a smaller vehicle out of a bigger vehicle

I like it when it's executed really well like in the Ultimate Batmobile from TLBM. But this is a concept that, at least imo, is really easy to screw up and that's exactly what happened with the Batbase :sad:

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think I have just the solution: From now on all Batman sets should have transparent yellow windscreens! Then everything will match, and we still get those sweet, sweet Classic Space colored parts. :grin:

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I agree. If it means having to splash for replacements so others can enjoy new recolours then I don’t mind :thumbup:

You're my new favorite person!

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

COMBINERS! :drool:

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

Does anybody know if white man bat is  a thing in the comics?

never seen it before

All I could find was an Injustice comic and a few action figures

latest?cb=20170220060527011_ee8222eb-9ca2-4e8a-95d7-92020aa5e842

Love how the water scooter comes out from the front of the truck!

Also that Batgirl MF, love it!

Maybe next year we get a water mobile bat base!

Question,  is Lego still able to release direct to video DC movies? 

On 4/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, HarryVader said:

You know you can build your own Maxwell Lord with existing pieces right (well I guess the suit only comes in a $100 batcave set)? You're probably the only person I saw who says Max is the main reason you'd buy the set haha :)

haha well to be honest, i'll buy Anything DC just as long as its not another bat vehicle! and its slim pickings for DC sets this year, I had to justify ordering lego in quarantine somehow :p

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Love how the water scooter comes out from the front of the truck!

Also that Batgirl MF, love it!

Maybe next year we get a water mobile bat base!

Question,  is Lego still able to release direct to video DC movies? 

There’s one that centres around Shazam coming soon, which features a Golden Age bat villain called Jeepers who is fairly similar to white Man-Bat in looks.

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

never seen it before

The earliest I can find something is The Batman cartoon, which the toy Quicksilver posted above is from. He appears grey a few times, and a cover from his own series in 2006 has him looking whiteish, but I can’t find anything with him being specifically white. In short no.

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

All I could find was an Injustice comic and a few action figures

That action figure is based off his appearance from The Batman, which is also where the Kabuki Twins came from. LEGO must like that show for some reason. :P

13 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

never seen it before

I think there was a point he was briefly white in the comics, just as an artistic touch, but that’s it’s been a decade or longer. Don’t quote me on it, it’s barely a half-remembered thing my research hasn’t really confirmed yet.

8 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

That action figure is based off his appearance from The Batman, which is also where the Kabuki Twins came from. LEGO must like that show for some reason. :P

They definitely seem to have some designers that are fans of it considering this would be the third minifigure that is based on how they looked in The Batman. First the Kabuki Twins, then Firefly, and now (presumably) Man-Bat. Now the wait begins for minifigure versions of Rastafarian Joker and Marilyn Manson's Riddler.

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

They definitely seem to have some designers that are fans of it considering this would be the third minifigure that is based on how they looked in The Batman. First the Kabuki Twins, then Firefly, and now (presumably) Man-Bat. Now the wait begins for minifigure versions of Rastafarian Joker and Marilyn Manson's Riddler.

Now we just need some vehicles and locations to go with the figures!

Loving this wave!

16 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

never seen it before

It was his main color scheme back in the 70's. Here are a few covers with him in white.

335?cb=20081128191545

Man-Bat-1-facsimile-580x892.jpg

Also, it looks like he's going to be white in his solo series that might be releasing in May.

6 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:
22 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

It was his main color scheme back in the 70's. Here are a few covers with him in white.

Sorry, I’m going to put my nerd hat on. That’s grey and it’s the same grey as the Batsuit on that cover. He was grey and pink in his earliest appearances, moving to grey-brown and latterly brown. The cover of ‘tec 407 (1971) depicts him holding Francine in her bridal gown, and the difference couldn’t be more obvious. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well it looks like we do get to see Will Arnett's Batman at least one more time:

Forgive me for speculating, but isn’t it weird that they did LEGO Batman, from three years ago, and not TLM2? . . . Could this mean a LEGO Batman Movie 2?