Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://www.brickfever.nl/themes/marvel-super-heroes

So Batman comes with three capes in Joker's Trike!? That's amazing, I love those capes.

Nice! It looks like one of them is just longer, as opposed to the gliding cape. Helps create some variation in the Batsuit display. Also given one of the other accessories I’m guessing Batman is still road testing this Batmobile.

Ok I love the amount of different Capes Batman gets :grin_wub:

Most likely an unpopular opinion but I really dislike the Batbase. Just completely ignoring the figures the idea of a base for Batman ''hidden'' inside a truck is a very good idea. The first 360 video we saw of the truck also actually looked good, something we've never really seen before in this line and that's really saying something as most Batvehicles we get are remakes. And this truck also had the potential to be really unique as they could've basically fit a mini-Batcave inside the trailer. Give us a holding cell or 2, a weapons rack, suitdisplay and batcomputer and I will eat it up. But what do they do? They give us a tiny cramped interior with as few details as humanly possible and ruin the truck itself by making it split apart in a few absolutely useless vehicles....  I would've been fine if the back of the truck had a playfeature to launch a motorcycle but that Bat-escapepod ruins the set for me. I was already thinking about skipping this set but now I've definetely made up my mind. 

7 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Is the bat base thing a similar build to the avengers one?
i bet they’ll give us a spider man one next

What do you mean?

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you mean?

They made an Avengers truck base thing this year. One of the game sets

wondering if the build is the same/similar

obviously it’s much( bigger  than the avengers one but in terms of the interior of the actual base its self

4C3B6380-0D72-4999-BD97-CD5C42D610F3.jpeg

Edited by DeCommander96

43 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

They made an Avengers truck base thing this year. One of the game sets

wondering if the build is the same/similar

obviously it’s much( bigger  than the avengers one but in terms of the interior of the actual base its self

Still not sure what you mean but we already have seen the Bat Base, it doesn't look like this set.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Still not sure what you mean but we already have seen the Bat Base, it doesn't look like this set.

Have we? My bad

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ok I love the amount of different Capes Batman gets :grin_wub:

Most likely an unpopular opinion but I really dislike the Batbase. Just completely ignoring the figures the idea of a base for Batman ''hidden'' inside a truck is a very good idea. The first 360 video we saw of the truck also actually looked good, something we've never really seen before in this line and that's really saying something as most Batvehicles we get are remakes. And this truck also had the potential to be really unique as they could've basically fit a mini-Batcave inside the trailer. Give us a holding cell or 2, a weapons rack, suitdisplay and batcomputer and I will eat it up. But what do they do? They give us a tiny cramped interior with as few details as humanly possible and ruin the truck itself by making it split apart in a few absolutely useless vehicles....  I would've been fine if the back of the truck had a playfeature to launch a motorcycle but that Bat-escapepod ruins the set for me. I was already thinking about skipping this set but now I've definetely made up my mind. 

Yeah, I was hoping for a Batcave on wheels rather than a rolling Bat-garage too. Might be interesting to use for the base of a MOC with that concept though.

The Batmobile set might be my favorite build from this wave, but I feel like the helicopter window pieces in black that they use for the fenders that make the wheel well are going to accidentally keep touching the tire during play making the rolling feature sometimes useless. Unless there is some piece that keeps it from touching, it seems like it will be annoying for kids to play with.

Might be the weird opinion here, but the MVP of these sets for me are those capes. I thought it was some new plastic piece that was only in the Penguin set, but not only does it come in all the sets, they threw in ANOTHER one that represents Batman's cape flowing in the wind. I have been waiting for something like this for years, they're finally getting creative with the capes which are much better substitutes than using the bat wing jetpack piece that came in the 2013 Arkham/2017 TLBM Scarecrow set. I am definitely picking up the Batmobile and Penguin set just for those, and Bricklink Nightwing and Batgirl separately. 

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

Might be the weird opinion here, but the MVP of these sets for me are those capes.

Not a weird opinion at all. For me these capes are a highlight in what are otherwise 3 extremely boring sets

I love the capes, and the third one being a flowing one is good for rooftop MOCs. Seeing the HD pictures of the truck has impressed me more. The initial fear that the mini vehicles would be taking up vital space can be put to bed. The boat goes under the cab and the kart goes in the plane. There’s an armoury, a holding cell, and the overall look is sleek. The only letdown is that Man-Bat is the sole owner of leg printing, when Captain Marvel, Black Widow and War Machine stand there all smug with extra printing. Batgirl’s costume would look much better with boots. 

I really like that we're getting more options for Batman capes. Hopefully they'll make one eventually that comes around to the front of the figure and drapes across the ground.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not a weird opinion at all. For me these capes are a highlight in what are otherwise 3 extremely boring sets

Capes are cool, Someone did mention it gives that Arkham Knight feel, when his ejecting out of the Bat-Mobile, boring sets, I disagree, its more arsenal for the Batcave! 

These new sets will make great additions to my current Batman collection! and I'm sure many other peoples Lego Batman collection! (Oh there is alot of us) 

On another topic, another Marvel set to be released!  I still have hopes for at least 1 more Batman set! 

Would love a play-set Lego, similar to the Ras Al Ghul set released many years ago!

I do feel though all the attention has bee placed on Harry Potter sets, those sets are killing it atm, and Hogwarts Castle cough Wayne Manor, damn that makes for a great display!

Going to be broke again lol

So many wonderful toys!

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Capes are cool, Someone did mention it gives that Arkham Knight feel, when his ejecting out of the Bat-Mobile, boring sets, I disagree, its more arsenal for the Batcave! 

These new sets will make great additions to my current Batman collection! and I'm sure many other peoples Lego Batman collection! (Oh there is alot of us) 

On another topic, another Marvel set to be released!  I still have hopes for at least 1 more Batman set! 

Would love a play-set Lego, similar to the Ras Al Ghul set released many years ago!

I do feel though all the attention has bee placed on Harry Potter sets, those sets are killing it atm, and Hogwarts Castle cough Wayne Manor, damn that makes for a great display!

If you're happy with these sets I'm happy for you, I personally think they are really bad. Luckily there are more than enough good sets from other themes coming out 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

If you're happy with these sets I'm happy for you, I personally think they are really bad. Luckily there are more than enough good sets from other themes coming out 

Why Thank You! Spot on, Marvel, HP, JW, Monkey Kid...

Question, what would your 4 wave dream set be?

The Rules are,

-its Batman themed, because he sells,

-3 out of the 4 sets have to have a Bat-vehicle (Land, sea, and road)

-2 out of the 4 sets can have any DC characters

We can carry over the DC wish list thread? 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Why Thank You! Spot on, Marvel, HP, JW, Monkey Kid...

Question, what would your 4 wave dream set be?

The Rules are,

-its Batman themed, because he sells,

-3 out of the 4 sets have to have a Bat-vehicle (Land, sea, and road)

-2 out of the 4 sets can have any DC characters

We can carry over the DC wish list thread? 

Being forced to include Batvehicles in 3 of the sets makes it a lot harder but I'll try anyway! Just like with most DC sets I'll try to keep the amount of new characters at a minimum and the story somewhat believable. Keep in mind I'm not a DC encyclopedia! You didn't give me any pricepoints to go off but I'll stay reasonable :wink:

Batman - $30 - Iceberg Lounge Infiltration

- figures: Batman, Catwoman, Penguin and a goon

- vehicle: small Batcycle

- build: Iceberg Lounge a little bigger than the build in Ra's Al Ghul's lair, has some perches etc for Batman's infiltration and a big ice piece as a cell

- plot: Penguin caught Catwoman and holds her captive inside the Iceberg Lounge. Unbeknownst to Cobblepot she managed to message Batman and he's on his way to save her.

Justice League - $50 - Rogues Bank Heist

- figures: Batman, The Flash (Barry Allen), Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Heatwave

- vehicle: small truck used by the Rogues

- build: medium-sized bank with destructable stuff

- plot: The Rogues are robbing a bank and the Justice League has send Batman and the Flash to stop them

Batman - $80 - Scarecrow's GCPD Takover

- figures: Batman, Scarecrow, King Shark (bigfig) and 2 officers

- vehicle: a Bat-Speedboat

- build: GCPD building

- plot: Scarecrow and King Shark have taken over the GCPD and covered the streats with fear gass. Batman must approach the building by boat to save the officers

Justice League - $120 - Superman: Doomsday Takedown

- figures: Hellbat (doesn't make sense in here but lego wouldn't care anyway), Clark Kent, Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White and Doomsday (bigfig)

- vehicle: small Bat-Mech (think of it as an extension of the Hellbat suit, similar in size to the recent Marvel mechs)

- build: the Daily Planet and phone booth for a Superman transformation 

- plot: Doomsday is attacking the Daily Planet while hunting down Superman! Save Lois and Perry by transforming Clark Kent into the one and only Superman and charge into battle with the help of his friend Batman

7 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Yeah, I was hoping for a Batcave on wheels rather than a rolling Bat-garage too. Might be interesting to use for the base of a MOC with that concept though.

You’d probably be better off with the Bat-Train as that was referred to as the “Mobile Batcave” if memory serves me correctly. It appeared in comics in the 60’s I think.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Full HD pics of the sets on Promobricks

THANK YOU :drool:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

- figures: Hellbat (doesn't make sense in here but lego wouldn't care anyway), Clark Kent, Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White and Doomsday (bigfig)

- vehicle: small Bat-Mech (think of it as an extension of the Hellbat suit, similar in size to the recent Marvel mechs)

- plot: Doomsday is attacking the Daily Planet while hunting down Superman! Save Lois and Perry by transforming Clark Kent into the one and only Superman and charge into battle with the help of his friend Batman

Best set ever if that got made.

The gliding cape had me hyped, but that Swooshy cape has me over the moon now! It is going to be GREAT for display!

UPDATE: After looking at the HD pictures, I really am intrigued by Nightwing's detailing, and would love to see if he has an alt-face.

Edited by BaneShake

53 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

The gliding cape had me hyped, but that Swooshy cape has me over the moon now! It is going to be GREAT for display!

UPDATE: After looking at the HD pictures, I really am intrigued by Nightwing's detailing, and would love to see if he has an alt-face.

He does indeed have an alternate face, it's just a standard angry face with his teeth showing.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Being forced to include Batvehicles in 3 of the sets makes it a lot harder but I'll try anyway! Just like with most DC sets I'll try to keep the amount of new characters at a minimum and the story somewhat believable. Keep in mind I'm not a DC encyclopedia! You didn't give me any pricepoints to go off but I'll stay reasonable :wink:

Batman - $30 - Iceberg Lounge Infiltration

- figures: Batman, Catwoman, Penguin and a goon

- vehicle: small Batcycle

- build: Iceberg Lounge a little bigger than the build in Ra's Al Ghul's lair, has some perches etc for Batman's infiltration and a big ice piece as a cell

- plot: Penguin caught Catwoman and holds her captive inside the Iceberg Lounge. Unbeknownst to Cobblepot she managed to message Batman and he's on his way to save her.

Justice League - $50 - Rogues Bank Heist

- figures: Batman, The Flash (Barry Allen), Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Heatwave

- vehicle: small truck used by the Rogues

- build: medium-sized bank with destructable stuff

- plot: The Rogues are robbing a bank and the Justice League has send Batman and the Flash to stop them

Batman - $80 - Scarecrow's GCPD Takover

- figures: Batman, Scarecrow, King Shark (bigfig) and 2 officers

- vehicle: a Bat-Speedboat

- build: GCPD building

- plot: Scarecrow and King Shark have taken over the GCPD and covered the streats with fear gass. Batman must approach the building by boat to save the officers

Love it! 

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
15 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Might be the weird opinion here, but the MVP of these sets for me are those capes.

Nuh uh, the MPV of these sets are those two new Trans-Yellow windshield/canopy recolors... :tongue:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nuh uh, the MPV of these sets are those two new Trans-Yellow windshield/canopy recolors... :tongue:

That’s my only dislike of the set. I’m actually going to buy replacement windscreens (Tr Brown for the Truck and Tr for the flying vehicle) because the yellow windscreens don’t match with sets from this year and last year.