Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I love new cape for Batman, really useful for gliding Batman, it could work well for Arkham Batman.

Batman's vehicle looks worse on this box than in 360° video tbh.

I love Mobile Bat Base so much, it's amazing. Minfigures are fantastic and the build is also awesome.

Have the windscreens used in the Bat-Base appeared in any other colours and if so, what are the piece numbers please?

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

Have the windscreens used in the Bat-Base appeared in any other colours and if so, what are the piece numbers please?

Bubble canopy appears to be 35379, which has only been in Transparent. I think the windscreen on the front of the truck is 42504, which has been made in Transparent, Tr. Light Blue, and Tr. Brown, as well as opaque black and white.

The Mobile Bat Base is a good set, it feels fresh, a nice addition to the Bat vehicles. Also it is cool to know it has a comic book counterpart. However, there could be less tiny vehicles in order for a larger interior.

White Man-bat and Bronze Tiger are good, ad so is the Blue Nightwing, finally! Batgirl could use dual molded legs, on the other side.

It is odd that two sets from the last wave are now basically obsolete, minifig-wise.

3 hours ago, tafkatb said:
3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Bubble canopy appears to be 35379, which has only been in Transparent. I think the windscreen on the front of the truck is 42504, which has been made in Transparent, Tr. Light Blue, and Tr. Brown, as well as opaque black and white.

Having had a closer look, yeah, the oval bubble canopy looks to be the larger one that you cited, which is pretty awesome considering we've had the smaller one in Trans-Yellow for awhile now... :thumbup: :grin: ...also, does it look like the "Grevious Starfighter" canopy on the Batmobile in 76159 has also been recolored in Trans-Yellow? Doesn't at all look to be the case in the 360-view for the set, yet the box art looks to say otherwise? :shrug_confused:

Someone mentioned Grievous, so I have entered the thread. :laugh:

I like the new cape piece, it makes sense to finally get a gliding cape.

The bat vehicle from the one with that and the joker trike looks good, like an armored tank, but the massive joker trike is such a weird concept and reminds me of the constant barrage of spider-vehicles.

The bat-base looks fine, as giant truck sets from action themes go it's nice to have one in black, but that jet part kind of ruins any ideas of just using it as a truck.

I am very happy with these 3 sets.

The Penguin set is pretty basic but decent in my opinion, even though the new Penguin isn't massively different from his previous incarnations I like his design quite a bit. The new cape piece looks very good and personally it reminds me a lot of the Batman Beyond cape (which increased the chances of us getting that figure somewhere down the line). 

I really like the new Batmobile, as others have stated it reminds me quite a bit of the Arkham Knight Batmobile. The new Harley figure looks superb and while all other figures appear to be reuses they are still good looking figures in my opinion. This set does somewhat diminish the usefulness of the previous Batmobile set though as this one is better in almost every single way.

Lastly the big base set also looks very good. The figures all look very good, Blue Rebirth Nightwing and Batgirl are great looking figures to update the Bat-family roster. and the new Man-Bat figure also looks very good. I agree that it is definitely inspired by the 2004 The Batman tv show look and since I grew up with that show and have extremely fond memories of it I am not complaining about that at all. Bronze Tiger is decent and even though Freeze is a reuse it is a great looking figure so not bad to get him again.

Is there some licensing problem with the pieces from The Lego Batman Movie? Joker’s hair, Harley’s hair and The Penguin’s hat have appeared in other themes, but I don’t think they’ve shown up outside of TLBM and Might Micros waves. It’s a shame because the figures from that film are among the best ever produced from any theme. (Typing this I just remembered Catwoman’s cowl was recently reused, so that’s a win)

Batgirl’s mask and ponytail is just begging to be reused in black or blue. Joker would look great with his hairpiece and not the same old boring Dooku one again. And Poison Ivy will never look right without that gorgeous hairpiece we got and never saw again. :cry_sad:

Other than that, I like the Joker car and the Batbase. It’s become quite clear the budget gets swapped between Marvel and DC now. Wish they could be stay even in quality. Oh well!

16 minutes ago, saysonder said:

Batgirl’s mask and ponytail is just begging to be reused in black or blue. Joker would look great with his hairpiece and not the same old boring Dooku one again. And Poison Ivy will never look right without that gorgeous hairpiece we got and never saw again. :cry_sad:

On the topic of Ivy's hair, I think Luna Lovegoods hairpiece in red could work really well!

Amazon.com: LEGO Harry Potter Series - Luna Lovegood - 71022: Toys ...

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Someone mentioned Grievous, so I have entered the thread. :laugh:

I like the new cape piece, it makes sense to finally get a gliding cape.

The bat vehicle from the one with that and the joker trike looks good, like an armored tank, but the massive joker trike is such a weird concept and reminds me of the constant barrage of spider-vehicles.

The bat-base looks fine, as giant truck sets from action themes go it's nice to have one in black, but that jet part kind of ruins any ideas of just using it as a truck.

To be fair, the Joker’s trike is probably one of the best over-sized strange looking trikes and bikes.

Thank you @tafkatb & @Digger of Bricks.

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

To be fair, the Joker’s trike is probably one of the best over-sized strange looking trikes and bikes.

I agree, it's wacky and weird but it fits his style

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

Is there some licensing problem with the pieces from The Lego Batman Movie? Joker’s hair, Harley’s hair and The Penguin’s hat have appeared in other themes, but I don’t think they’ve shown up outside of TLBM and Might Micros waves. It’s a shame because the figures from that film are among the best ever produced from any theme. (Typing this I just remembered Catwoman’s cowl was recently reused, so that’s a win)

Other than that, I like the Joker car and the Batbase. It’s become quite clear the budget gets swapped between Marvel and DC now. Wish they could be stay even in quality. Oh well!

I would imagine it's a simple matter of branding. Those pieces are specific to the Lego Batman Movie characters. So you wouldn't use them in another set because that Joker isn't Lego Batman Movie Joker, he's just "a" Lego Joker. Think of it like how a blue spaceman figure isn't the same as Benny, even if they are "the same".

Honestly, that's probably the entire reason they made those pieces. Each one of these versions of the characters would be special to the movie

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Pieces like Riddle's cane piece, Poison Ivy's hair, Bargirl's cowl or Two-Face's hairpiece beg to be used again.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Pieces like Riddle's cane piece, Poison Ivy's hair, Bargirl's cowl or Two-Face's hairpiece beg to be used again.

As well as Riddler’s hair-hat combo. I don’t understand why they didn’t continue using that for Riddler.

3 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

As well as Riddler’s hair-hat combo. I don’t understand why they didn’t continue using that for Riddler.

It has to be budget! They might have run out of the LBM moulds!

7 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

It has to be budget! They might have run out of the LBM moulds!

They can produce more tho, just like they produce thousands (could also be millions or billions, not sure) of moulds every year.

5 hours ago, saysonder said:

Joker’s hair has appeared in Nexo Knights and The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets, while Harley’s hair was in the TLNM CMF series and was recently found recolored in the Build a Minifigure bin at LEGO stores. Penguin’s hat gets a decent amount of mileage across a couple themes but they definitely don’t use these molds as much as they could. 

On 4/25/2020 at 7:38 AM, MatBoyWonder said:

I'll be picking it up for Maxwell Lord mostly. 

You know you can build your own Maxwell Lord with existing pieces right (well I guess the suit only comes in a $100 batcave set)? You're probably the only person I saw who says Max is the main reason you'd buy the set haha :)

Edited by HarryVader

Just now, HarryVader said:

You know you can build your own Maxwell Lord with existing pieces right (well I guess the suit only comes in a $100 batcave set)? You're probably the only person I saw who says Max is the main reason you'd buy the set haha :)

The torso they used for Bruce Wayne in the most recent Batcave? It’s actually recycled from Gunnar Eversol in the Lockwood Mansion set, JWFK in 2018. Might have been used elsewhere before, I don’t know. 

Only just now saw the full mobile bat Base, kinda disappointed with the interior, it looks rather small. I Wish they didn't put side vehicles in this set.

So, does anyone know why Shop@Home says the Wonder Woman set doesn’t release in Australia until July? This has never happened before. Does anyone know what’s going on there?