Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

ive often wondered why they restrict themselves so much with batman's property. I completely understand that batman sells so push him in all the sets, but why do they limit it to only batman supporting characters? all kids or parents need is to see batman featured in the set, i doubt they would scrutinize it if he's fighting parasite or dr poison. I mean we got a set with brother eye and an omac who are basically irrelevant these days, but were included because they had a connection to batman. The only people who would know are the collectors like us who beg for a little diversity in character representation. I mean bronze tiger is not a relevant character at the moment, but since he's somewhat vaguely connected to batman he gets put in a set? the ocean master set is a good example of what they should be doing because it was basically an aquaman set branded under batman. 

Apparently Batman used a semi truck like this as a mobile base in Batman and the Outsiders volume 2. Other than the yellow, its pretty accurate so I can’t complain for what it is.

Bronze Tiger looks way better than we all expected but Batgirl... just looks like a girl wearing a Batgirl costume.

Liking these cheap sets with Penguin but nothing will beat his fur coat version. I like that they gave him the TLBM umbrella. They should have given Riddler his trophy/cane piece from TLBM when he showed up last wave.

Best figure to me this wave is still Harley.

That white Man-Bat is interesting, because it closely resembles stuff from around ten years back (if not before), like a SDCC-exclusive action figure, The Batman show, and if I'm remembering correctly, a brief stint in comics where he was given albino coloration in bat form. Definitely not complaining, even as obscure as that stuff is, because any other brown look would just look similar to the last version or the other non-DC Bat Monster figures.

Bronze Tiger looks good, considering I like the Rebirth look he sports here. Nightwing's Rebirth look is also nice to have, and though Batgirl's figure is accurate to what it's being based off of, I'm just not a huge fan of that look in the first place. Another female domino mask face is not a bad thing though. The mobile command center build is also a nice change from what Bat-vehicles we typically get on repeat.

Harley looks good, as we knew, and since Joker's wearing the same as his newest version, I won't have to pick up that Batmobile now for that version, so that'll save me a few bucks. I also really like the Arkham Knight-esque version of Batman's vehicle in this set.

Penguin is probably the least exciting figure out of these for me. He's not awful, but we've already seen so many Penguin figures with similar looks, and for once, I just want to have a normal Penguin without that tooth-baring grin. Would a scowl or a grimace really be so bad? Also, I'm DONE with that black-suited look Batman keeps getting in this kind of set. That torso has been used since 2012, for Pete's sake. The new gliding cape is extremely nice to get though, so it's not all bad.

The Bat-Base looks pretty cool, can't wait to see the interior. I'm a little disappointed that Batgirl doesn't have a cowl, but I'm so glad Nightwing turned out to be wearing his blue costume after all. The Penguin set is okay, I'll be getting it for the new Penguin and that glider on Batman. The Joker set doesn't really have anything that interests me but that's fine. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with this wave.

So glad Nightwing is blue after all, I'm definitely going to replace his hair with Harry Potter's hair from the Goblet of Fire sets

Batgirl... Well nobody was expecting this variant, but I don't mind it.

Man Bat being white was quite surprising, I didn't know that was a thing until now, but I really like it.

Bronze Tiger is nice to have, but he's not a must have.

15 hours ago, icm said:

What's it supposed to be again?  I see a big black semi truck with a trans yellow windscreen and bat fins, towing a big huge trailer with a trans yellow windscreen.  What's the trailer supposed to be?

Edit - "Mobile Bat Base", huh?  Do we know anything about the features the mobile base is supposed to have?

There’s a hidden Bat-Motorcycle in between the wheels of the trailer. I made a post about it.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Bronze Tiger looks way better than we all expected but Batgirl... just looks like a girl wearing a Batgirl costume.

She’s comic accurate to Heroes in Crisis, but Lego have tapped into that sub genre again of inappropriate comic book moments. Following previous alumni rapey Tarantula, definitely-not-Killing-Joke Joker, and the neck-breaking Wonder Woman and Max Lord, this version of Babs replays the scene where she’s showing off her paralysis causing billet wounds, while simultaneously wearing a skintight costume and subsequently sexualising trauma.

I’m half expecting sets next year featuring Kyle Rayner, Major Force, and Alexandra DeWitt looking in a fridge, Arsenal and a cat, and Zatanna, Dr Light and Sue Dibny. 

@Anonknee Muss well done that man

Edited by RedHoodPug

13 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

She’s comic accurate to Heroes in Crisis, but Lego have tapped into that sub genre again of inappropriate comic book moments. Following previous alumni rapey Tarantula, definitely-not-Killing-Joke Joker, and the neck-breaking Wonder Woman and Max Lord, this version of Babs replays the scene where she’s showing off her paralysis causing billet wounds, while simultaneously wearing a skintight costume and subsequently sexualising trauma.

I’m half expecting sets next year featuring Kyle Rayner, Major Force, and Alexandra DeWitt looking in a fridge, Arsenal and a cat, and Zatanna, Dr Light and Sue Dibny. 

@Anonknee Muss well done that man

Perhaps a set with Jon Kent, an eagle, and his cat Goldie?

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Man Bat being white was quite surprising, I didn't know that was a thing until now, but I really like it.

Yeah, it's such a rare thing, I had to look it up again to jog my memory.

I think the Batgirl would look a lot better with the dc superhero girls Batgirl hair/hood combo. It's not entirely accurate to the comics but it's a lot closer for this version than using the hair she has right now or a full on mask like tlbm or the steamroller one. Although the figure suffers from no dual molded legs. Is there any piece that could work?

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Although the figure suffers from no dual molded legs.

The figure also suffers from being this specific version of Batgirl :laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The figure also suffers from being this specific version of Batgirl :laugh_hard:

Yeah I guess, personally I really wanted this version:

https://images.app.goo.gl/PECem61hKCnLqKCZ7

As I love the Cape and jacket she has. A oracle would also have been way more desirable. But we just have to make the best of the figure, didn't really expect much of the set anyway so I take whatever I can I guess.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I guess, personally I really wanted this version:

https://images.app.goo.gl/PECem61hKCnLqKCZ7

As I love the Cape and jacket she has. A oracle would also have been way more desirable. But we just have to make the best of the figure, didn't really expect much of the set anyway so I take whatever I can I guess.

I was hoping for that version too but I would've been fine with a remake of the old Batgirl figure 

Box of the Batbase leaked, the front part of the trailer is a flying vehicle and there is a bike. The interior of the truck is really disappointing

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Does Batman have a new fanned out cape?? It looks amazing!

Yes he does

It looks to me like it could just be how the newer spongy capes bend if pushed down the right way in the middle. It doesn't look new on the 360 spin render.

The bat-truck is kind of odd. If it was the exact same build in an action theme like Agents with a different colour scheme, it'd be cool no questions asked, but as a supposed Batman vehicle and in all black it looks dull and uninteresting.

So the bat truck comes with a

Bat bike 

Bat jet ski

Bat atv 

Bat mini jet

The inside of the vehilce could do with a little more detail. 

Also the vehicle in the joker set looks like a Daimler Ferret 4x4 armored vehicle!

Overall I'm getting my bat vehilce fox in 2020, maybe next year we can see some nice set locations! 

Also the cape in the 4plus set is not a solid piece? 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

So the bat truck comes with a

Bat bike 

Bat jet ski

Bat atv 

Bat mini jet

The inside of the vehilce could do with a little more detail. 

Also the vehicle in the joker set looks like a Daimler Ferret 4x4 armored vehicle!

Overall I'm getting my bat vehilce fox in 2020, maybe next year we can see some nice set locations! 

Also the cape in the 4plus set is not a solid piece? 

box set is also the same from 2019. 

I wonder if that Bat Truck was made out of a rejected design for TLBM Ultimate Batmobile, because it seems to very close in concept

I just find it funny that after years of getting oversized brick built Batcycles from as far back as 2008, we're finally getting one that's just a regular Lego City motorcycle with a black fairing piece and a Batman logo slapped on. I don't really mind it though, sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go. I've been waiting for a Batman set to use it as a Batcycle ever since that fairing was introduced in 2015. Reminds me of when the first Lego Batman game used Nightwing's cycle from the original Arkham set as the game's Batcycle instead of the brick built one from the Harley Quinn Hammer Truck set.

Wait what? That makes no sense..... *huh*

Why not? Rumours of a late April / early May release date have been thrown around more than once in this thread :wink:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Why not? Rumours of a late April / early May release date have been thrown around more than once in this thread :wink:

Yeah I know but it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to just randomly become available without any kind of announcement, that's what I meant

I remember reading the new Wonder Woman set will be a double points promo for May, so here's hoping it won't already be on backorder by Friday!