Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There were only two Batman characters (Batman and Joker).

*ahem*

*He* would like to have a word with you

250px-BatMite.jpg

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

*ahem*

*He* would like to have a word with you

Oh yeah I forgot about him, but what I meant was Batman, his close associates and his villains, something that Lego throws in sets.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Finally someone who agrees with me. I started a long discussion about that Deathstroke stating that he was an awful minifgure and people didn't quite agree.

I appreciate the dual molded legs of the official figure, but his torso could be better and his head is downright awful. Mine is sort of misprinted too so it doesn’t help. The game one is a million miles better. Heck even purist versions where people add the Ninjago Nindroid armor to him are better.

i've been totally checked out of the loop for weeks here... but that wonder woman set looks... ok I guess? I'll be picking it up for Maxwell Lord mostly. Stupid addiction to having Every DC character in minifig form

Its a shame that wonder woman helmet isn't a little more hawk shaped. Hawkgirl still needs a comic accurate head piece.

Could anyone maybe recap me on what else we're expecting from DC this year? I saw the words Bronze Tiger a couple of pages ago but I can't find anything in 'the usual place' - did we get an idea of how many sets are coming? and what they might be yet?

29 minutes ago, MatBoyWonder said:

i've been totally checked out of the loop for weeks here... but that wonder woman set looks... ok I guess? I'll be picking it up for Maxwell Lord mostly. Stupid addiction to having Every DC character in minifig form

Its a shame that wonder woman helmet isn't a little more hawk shaped. Hawkgirl still needs a comic accurate head piece.

Could anyone maybe recap me on what else we're expecting from DC this year? I saw the words Bronze Tiger a couple of pages ago but I can't find anything in 'the usual place' - did we get an idea of how many sets are coming? and what they might be yet?

Why would you buy the entire set for just Maxwell Lord though? He's made up of common pieces, nothing about him is exclusive.

As for a summary of the sets we'll be getting this year (all Batman based):

- 10 euro - 54 pieces - 4+ Penguin set - Batman and Penguin 

- 50 euro - 440 pieces - Joker's Trike Chase - Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley Quinn

- 90 euro - 743 pieces - Mobile Bat Base - Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing (red), Mr Freeze, Man-Bat, Bronze Tiger

That's all we know

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would you buy the entire set for just Maxwell Lord though? He's made up of common pieces, nothing about him is exclusive.

As for a summary of the sets we'll be getting this year (all Batman based):

- 10 euro - 54 pieces - 4+ Penguin set - Batman and Penguin 

- 50 euro - 440 pieces - Joker's Trike Chase - Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley Quinn

- 90 euro - 743 pieces - Mobile Bat Base - Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing (red), Mr Freeze, Man-Bat, Bronze Tiger

That's all we know

Hopefully we see some pics in the next day or two!

I found the pictures for the Joker Trike and 4+ Penguin sets! I like the penguin print and the Batmobile kind of looks like the Arkham Knight one.

Repetitive builds, repetitive minifigures, ahhh I'm so frustrated. I do like the Duplo style of Penguin's vehicle though

27 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I found the pictures for the Joker Trike and 4+ Penguin sets! I like the penguin print and the Batmobile kind of looks like the Arkham Knight one.

I can't seem to see the pictures! 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

I can't seem to see the pictures! 

There should be a 360 video halfway down the page of the set.

27 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Thanks for putting the links to these! I really find it a hassle to get good looks at things like this on Instagram, so having these in the original quality is much better. If only I could find these for every theme...

About these sets, any interest I had in them is down the tubes. The penguin one is OK, but there's no way I'm getting that batbuggy 2.0. Maybe next year...

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nothing special, 2 easy skips for me

BRING ON THE BATBASE

I feel at this point, Lego is just rehashing things we've already gotten...

Just now, HarryVader said:

I feel at this point, Lego is just rehashing things we've already gotten...

That's DC (and Marvel) in a nutshell

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Thanks for putting the links to these! I really find it a hassle to get good looks at things like this on Instagram, so having these in the original quality is much better. If only I could find these for every theme...

About these sets, any interest I had in them is down the tubes. The penguin one is OK, but there's no way I'm getting that batbuggy 2.0. Maybe next year...

Yeah, I know! I'm trying to find more!!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's DC (and Marvel) in a nutshell

It's especially disappointing after seeing how great the Monkie Kid sets are... why can't Lego spend more effort on DC and Marvel?

The Penguin set is fine, nothing special. The Joker chase set has a good looking Batmobile but the Joker tricycle doesn’t look good and is a dumb idea IMO. I’ll get it when it goes on sale for sure but I honestly would’ve preferred a Harley vehicle instead.

I like those sets tbh. 

4+ one is cute, I like new Penguin's torso and I ADORE this Batman. Looks like new torso print, and even if it isn't, look at that cape. It's fantastic. 

I also think bigger set is awesome. I love Batman's vehicle, feels fresh enough for me. Joker's trike is also great, and the motorcycle is a great addition. Minfigures are mostly repeats, but I adore that Harley Quinn. Definitely my favourite version of her.

34 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

There should be a 360 video halfway down the page of the set.

Got it. Thank you.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I like those sets tbh. 

4+ one is cute, I like new Penguin's torso and I ADORE this Batman. Looks like new torso print, and even if it isn't, look at that cape. It's fantastic. 

I also think bigger set is awesome. I love Batman's vehicle, feels fresh enough for me. Joker's trike is also great, and the motorcycle is a great addition. Minfigures are mostly repeats, but I adore that Harley Quinn. Definitely my favourite version of her.

Agreed, Are we calling it a batmobile or off road buggy?

Hopefully the biggest sets gets revealed soon!

Now the links have gone and all I can see is tiny 360 videos on IG, I take it Penguin’s torso is pretty good. Also it looks like Robin’s staff has the new Monkie Kid piece in grey. Can anyone in a better position verify/counter this, please? Can’t pass too much judgement because of the size and quality of what I saw, but I’d rather have a Batmobile that looked like that new Hidden Side car. Come on mobile Batcave.

And once again I'm extremely disappointed with the DC sets. We've seen this type of Penguin set too many times, just give him something penguin related for once, the rubber duckies are so overdone. The figure is also nothing to write home about, he looks basically the same as he did since the start of this theme. And the batboat is also nothing interesthing. Ofcourse the new, great looking Harley Quinn comes into another expensive set with a another bat buggy jeep tumbler thingy with a boring joker, robin and batman. At least the joker vehicle is somewhat fun, but I already have too many Joker vehicles. He can start his own jokercave at this point.

Edit: Okay wait, I spoke too soon, the batman cape in the penguin set is pretty nice, but not something too bu an entire set for. I guess I mostly just want some new characters in the sets for once.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

These aren't too bad. Nothing here is ridiculous or out of character. I believe this is the first Joker vehicle since 2017, so that's not too bad. The faux Tumbler's decent, and the Joker trike thing is cool, it works as a wacky Joker Mobile. The boat's nice, I don't think we've gotten a non-TLBM Batboat in a few years, and we haven't had a comic based Penguin in five years. The duck vehicle's overdone, but it's whatever.