Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really regret not buying Mr. Freeze, Clayface and Scarecrow sets. Those were amazing and pretty cheap.

Clayface and Scarecrow were but the Mr Freeze set was overpriced imo

I bought every set from TLBM, every wave and multiples of the CMF's. They are ridiculously out of scale with the other DC sets but they are to this day the best figures and sets for all of DC. Only others ones that come close for me are the 2006-2008 waves. Unfortunately I was in the dark ages then. I have picked up all of the 2006 sets except the USC Batmobile. Id love to find the tumbler and joker van set though.

22 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

I bought every set from TLBM, every wave and multiples of the CMF's. They are ridiculously out of scale with the other DC sets but they are to this day the best figures and sets for all of DC. Only others ones that come close for me are the 2006-2008 waves. Unfortunately I was in the dark ages then. I have picked up all of the 2006 sets except the USC Batmobile. Id love to find the tumbler and joker van set though.

I returned from the dark when I saw the Batman jet ski polybag, and then saw that I’d missed the original sets. Absolutely gutting knowing the prices they fetch.

It took me 5 years to get the whole range from 06-08,

The first one I purchased was the Dragster set, the last the UCS Bat-mobile.

Favorite set is the Tumbler from 08, great fun building it and makes for a solid display.

Need to still build the 06 Batcave and Asylum.

Favorite Mini figs 07 Batman and 06 Nightwing 

As for the LBM, collected all the sets, found some good deals up to 30 % on at least half the sets. 

I do agree the design placed on that theme was extraordinary!

Hope we see many more Great DC / Batman sets released!

It took me the better half of last year to get most of the original Batman sets off eBay and BrickLink, all sealed in some form, and even then I had to go through months of bargaining and auction watching just to get them at a price that wasn't insane. The Bat-Tank set was the only one that didn't come with the box, stickers, instructions or the actual tank tread pieces, but everything that was needed was there in the numbered bags, most importantly that exclusive Bane.

I'm only missing the UCS Batmobile, the Batcopter, and the Tumbler, but they came with repeat minifigures that are in other sets so I'm not too hung up on getting them (though I wouldn't mind owning the original Tumbler). Besides those, I have every single hero and villain from that line...which would be great if half of them didn't suffer from poor production errors like misaligned torso prints or scratches on the heads/torsos, forcing me to buy replacements for them on BrickLink where they're anything but cheap. Finding a replacement Alfred torso is probably one of the biggest pains considering how much he goes for in a New condition. I found it weird that the minifigures I got from the 2008 wave were perfect with their printing quality but the 2006 wave was a nightmare.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Clayface and Scarecrow were but the Mr Freeze set was overpriced imo

That's right, but I didn't mean value per price, I meant the price itself, I consider sets under $40 "cheap sets".

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's right, but I didn't mean value per price, I meant the price itself, I consider sets under $40 "cheap sets".

Ah, makes sense. I was more looking at what you get for the price (amount of pieces, amount of figures, how large is it etc)

I will chime in and say I regret not getting several TLBM sets as well, I didn’t care much back then, but now I wish I had bought the Arkham Asylum, scuttler, arctic roller, among others :pir-cry_sad: Well, at least I managed to get the notorious lowrider and some CMFs at half the price last year.

1 minute ago, Ragana9289 said:

When will 76157 be released ?

Either May or June, no one's actually sure yet. I suppose due to people already having it in hands and pictures leaking so soon it's May, but I could be wrong.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed already but is the Nightwing figure from the Bat-Base the red or blue version? 

Red.

I'm not sure why they chose the red variant, blue is way more recognisable and iconic, it's his main suit and he wears the blue one the most.

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not sure why they chose the red variant, blue is way more recognisable and iconic, it's his main suit and he wears the blue one the most.

I agree, it's sad how that polybag from 2016 is still the only way to get a proper modern version of Nightwings blue suit (2006's printing is outdated imo and MM is too stylized)

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree, it's sad how that polybag from 2016 is still the only way to get a proper modern version of Nightwings blue suit (2006's printing is outdated imo and MM is too stylized)

I'd love to get Arkham Knight/Titans stylised Nightwing armour. Not a tight suit but more of a thin armour, gives it a more realistic look. And of course that in blue, just imagine how great he would look next to Arkham Batman (from remote controlled Batombile).

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When he starts getting his memories back the Nightwing suit we see is the red one. Having said that he got Taloned at the end of last year and I know that the Nightwing return is heavily hinted for the end of April. If he returns in the blue suit that red one is going to be completely out of synch.

2 minutes ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Anybody else wondering if there's a alternative release planned for SDCC minifigs since there's no SDCC this year?

My chances of getting a SDCC minifig are 0% anyways so I really don't care what happens to them tbh, they'll probably just be moved to next year

2 minutes ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Anybody else wondering if there's a alternative release planned for SDCC minifigs since there's no SDCC this year?

They have had sweepstakes on Lego's new VIP site for older SDCC exclusive figs, so maybe they could do it this way? But Guyon2002 is probably right, they could just skip this year, there's nothing year-specific about the SDCC exclusives.

6 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Yes, they are going to finally come to their senses and just give whatever it is directly to me.

I'm just waiting on my comic Arsenal, Atom, Vixen and Black Lightning

They can keep their CW variants, I just want the actual characters.

The fact they haven't simply made a Bizarro without his #1 boulder is crazy 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm just waiting on my comic Arsenal, Atom, Vixen and Black Lightning

They can keep their CW variants, I just want the actual characters.

The fact they haven't simply made a Bizarro without his #1 boulder is crazy 

I remember getting my hopes raised and gradually dashed, when the SH sets came with that booklet featuring a cartoon depicting loads of characters we still don’t have. Bizarro, Parasite, Black Adam, among others.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I remember getting my hopes raised and gradually dashed, when the SH sets came with that booklet featuring a cartoon depicting loads of characters we still don’t have. Bizarro, Parasite, Black Adam, among others.

Oh god those Lego Club magazines were the worst with that. Pages and pages of discussion on these forums about whether or not we’re getting the Ventriloquist or Mr. Mxyzptlk (or a comic AIM Agent on the Marvel side), only to realize that its just the artist taking creative liberties. And all these years later none of these figures exist :sad: :wall: