Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Kind of like the Daily Bugle we got for Marvel. Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Metallo would be a nice lineup.

And Doomsday!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fans: come up with hundreds of amazing and realistic ideas

LEGO: DiD i HeAr YoU wAnTeD aNoThEr BaTmObIlE?

To be fair though, the Batmobile is the only vehicle that Bruce seems to have endless makes and models of in the actual comics canon.

3c22b1ed531548708bb9701494493e35.png

The way I see it, the Batmobile is for DC what the X-Wing is for Star Wars; you always need to have (at least) one version on shelves :wink: I honestly wouldn‘t be surprised if the top 5 best-selling DC sets in the last 8 years were all Batmobiles 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The way I see it, the Batmobile is for DC what the X-Wing is for Star Wars; you always need to have (at least) one version on shelves :wink: I honestly wouldn‘t be surprised if the top 5 best-selling DC sets in the last 8 years were all Batmobiles 

Don't forget about the Bat-space shuttle lol

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fans: come up with hundreds of amazing and realistic ideas

LEGO: DiD i HeAr YoU wAnTeD aNoThEr BaTmObIlE?

Superman, Lanterns, etc.: exists

LEGO: dId yOu SaY bAtMaN?

8 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Don't forget about the Bat-space shuttle lol

That was a one off for the movie, and was heavily requested by fans back when it appeared in the trailer/the movie came out. Imo, TLBM didn't have a single bad set, tbh.

I would love another Arkham. The 2013 one is one of my favorite sets ever, and the 2017 one was good but I just didn’t like the color scheme and design as much. A $200+ gigantic Arkham with a similar gothic style to 2013 would be incredible. 

The only Arkham I own is the 2013 version, and its probably my favourite LEGO set. Had a lot of fun building it

Wouldn't be opposed against a new one, but between figures and build, it'd really have to sell me on it

I would love them to do Arkham modular sets like the Harry Potter Hogwarts sets they do that attach to each other. They could do a main set at 100 price point then smaller sets that attach or go with it like more/special cells or a watchtower etc. Even throw in the vehicle sets like Prison Transport being chased by the Batmobile/Batvehicle :laugh:. That way you could get a bigger Arkham plus more minifigs to inhabit it. 

I wish they did this approach with most themes/waves.

12 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

Imo, TLBM didn't have a single bad set, tbh.

I 100% agree, most of the best DC sets came from that movie. Speaking of which, do we know anything on wether or not the sequel is still happening?

20 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

I would love them to do Arkham modular sets like the Harry Potter Hogwarts sets they do that attach to each other. They could do a main set at 100 price point then smaller sets that attach or go with it like more/special cells or a watchtower etc. Even throw in the vehicle sets like Prison Transport being chased by the Batmobile/Batvehicle :laugh:. That way you could get a bigger Arkham plus more minifigs to inhabit it. 

I wish they did this approach with most themes/waves.

That would be awesome. But as it's a cool and unique DC-related idea I doubt LEGO will do it

I 100% agree, most of the best DC sets came from that movie. Speaking of which, do we know anything on wether or not the sequel is still happening?

Yes, it’s not happening. This is unofficial but almost certain. I don’t see any way WB will license Batman in a film outside of WB itself. I think Universal will be starting from scratch.

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes, it’s not happening. This is unofficial but almost certain. I don’t see any way WB will license Batman in a film outside of WB itself. I think Universal will be starting from scratch.

I knew about LEGO's new deal with Universal but I vaguely remember Chris McKay saying development on the sequel had started in late 2018, early 2019. Given development started before the new deal I guess there is a small possibility of this project still getting finished but who knows :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

Exactly. Still no official word, but the contract with WB has expired and I don‘t think DC characters would ever show up outside of WB projects, not even as cameos, let alone as the basis of a full movie :shrug_oh_well:

I knew about LEGO's new deal with Universal but I vaguely remember Chris McKay saying development on the sequel had started in late 2018, early 2019. Given development started before the new deal I guess there is a small possibility of this project still getting finished but who knows :shrug_oh_well:

It wasn't development, they didn't reach that stage. It was still the script if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. Still no official word, but the contract with WB has expired and I don‘t think DC characters would ever show up outside of WB projects, not even as cameos, let alone as the basis of a full movie :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, little chance for cameos me thinks.

It's kind of sad we won't be getting another wave of TLBM sets. This theme was my favourite theme ever and I am so unhappy it's retired. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's kind of sad we won't be getting another wave of TLBM sets. This theme was my favourite theme ever and I am so unhappy it's retired. 

It had more to give, too.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

TMNT, Hobbit, and LOTR fans sympathize with you :cry_happy:

The theme also gave us some of the best designs for certain characters. There will never be a better Scarecrow than the one they gave us. And in a cheap set no less.

Bane was another perfect variant that I always wanted to get when the set was on clearance but was too late. :( Suited Riddler, Alfred, and the Harley figs all had some great parts to make the ultimate purist versions of those characters.

30 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

TMNT, Hobbit, and LOTR fans sympathize with you :cry_happy:

The theme also gave us some of the best designs for certain characters. There will never be a better Scarecrow than the one they gave us. And in a cheap set no less.

Bane was another perfect variant that I always wanted to get when the set was on clearance but was too late. :( Suited Riddler, Alfred, and the Harley figs all had some great parts to make the ultimate purist versions of those characters.

I Bricklinked Bane a few months ago, and I don't regret. Except the white part on his backpack build this is pure perfection.

I also absolutely loved Killer Croc, Riddler, Joker (one with vest), Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange and Catwoman, plus many more. I don't believe Lego will top those designs any time soon.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I Bricklinked Bane a few months ago, and I don't regret. Except the white part on his backpack build this is pure perfection.

I also absolutely loved Killer Croc, Riddler, Joker (one with vest), Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange and Catwoman, plus many more. I don't believe Lego will top those designs any time soon.

Oh god, that Poison Ivy figure...hands down one of the best LEGO minifigures ever made. I absolutely love it and I’m so glad I own it. I also never completed the theme (especially wave 2, I still want Bane, Two-Face, and tutu Harley) so I’m gonna try to get the Batwing set and Bane’s truck in the fall since they’re pretty good prices on the aftermarket. 

The $$$ invested in the designs of the movie minifigures really shows. They're still literally the best minifigures to hit LEGO. Probably will be the best ones until they have a reason to invest a lot in the designs again. Why they went back to some older models like the old poison ivy when the newer one was 10x better, we might never know. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh god, that Poison Ivy figure...hands down one of the best LEGO minifigures ever made. I absolutely love it and I’m so glad I own it. I also never completed the theme (especially wave 2, I still want Bane, Two-Face, and tutu Harley) so I’m gonna try to get the Batwing set and Bane’s truck in the fall since they’re pretty good prices on the aftermarket. 

I tried to Bricklink Poison Ivy but she's EXTREMELY expensive. Well at least got Bane.

The only sets I didn’t get were the Batwing, the shuttle and Wayne Manor. I know having a complete set would be nice, but I’m more inclined to BrickLink a few figures. For me the real gutting thing is that that was our only real chance to get awful lot of those characters. A sequel would have been dynamite if they mined any further.

I've never really been into Batman untill I played the Arkham games around mid-2019 so I didn't really care about the TLBM sets when they came out. Only managed to get the small Joker balloon set and most of the CMF characters I wanted (mostly the villains, wasn't a fan of all the Batsuits) as the other cool sets are really expensive now. Really sad to have missed out on all those great designs, but oh well...

TLBM gave us some of the best minifigs of all time. Killer Croc, Bane, Poison Ivy and Harley are some of the stand outs. I’m happy I managed to collect most of the villains before they shot up in price. I have every villain who appeared in the original Batman theme.