Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

If the theme isn't dying, why has the only sets been Batman for the last 3 years, you absolute idiot? 

Agree with the comments above that just because sets are well-stocked in a store doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t sell. Furthermore, the CMF, D2C and detailed WW84 figures (as mentioned above) all mean that LEGO still cares very much about DC as a theme and has a considerable budget dedicated to it. Lastly, please don’t call someone an “idiot” even if they are wrong. It’s not even that serious of a topic that we’re discussing here. There’s no need to start a fight. 

Edited by HarryVader

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I reckon the D2C and the minifigure series would like to have a word. This has been discussed before without anyone being insulted. DC sets seem to be cyclical in that Justice League sets come out every three years. Unless you have traveled the globe recently on a toy shop/superstore sales data accumulation exercise, I’m going to go ahead and say that your opinion is based on speculation alone. If DC had a raft of insanely popular movies to back it up then it would be on the best seller list. This is all arbitrary anyway. It wasn’t that many years ago when Marvel was on the brink of folding. Now we’re at a point where the two companies will likely have to prop each other up in order to make it through this horrendous time. The staff on both sides are lobbying for a company crossover to boost sales and give their fans a glimmer of hope. There’s a lot of negative out there, you need to try and hang on to some positive otherwise this is going to be a long ride. Take care.

Ok, ima hop on a plane around the world to go on the batman set data to see if they are selling or not. I’m not scared about ‘rona

4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Ok, ima hop on a plane around the world to go on the batman set data to see if they are selling or not. I’m not scared about ‘rona

Are you done yet? 

10 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

The theme is dying. Batman doesent even sell anymore

DC Hasnt been in the top selling themes or got a mention in two years.

[+all the other replies]

First of all, this theme is not dying. We just got a fantastic CMF series, and an amazing WW84 set. The thing with DC compared to Marvel are movies. Zack Snyder's DCEU is no more, and DC needed to find a way. So we got great Aquaman, fantastic Shazam, incredible Joker and good Birds of Prey. But Lego did only one set for only one of those movies - because 2 of them are R-rated, and no one is still sure why they didn't make sets for Shazam.

But DC actually has a plan for next few years, with a LOT of set opportunities. We've got THE BATMAN MOVIE, this is gonna be a golden egg. Suicide Squad is R-rated. Then we've got Black Adam with lots of superheroes (Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Atom Smasher, Dr. Fate). Next is Shazam 2, which I believe they will make sets for. After that there's FLASH movie, no way they are not gonna make sets based on this. And last but not least, Aquaman 2 (the first movie made more than 1B).

You don't understand something - A THEME DOESN'T NEED TO BE IN TOP SELLING THEMES OR GET AN HONORABLE MENTION to perform good. Those themes are top-tier themes, the best of the best. Doesn't mean that others that don't get mentioned didn't perform good.

Sets not selling in your Target mean nothing. You know there are lots of stores in the world, right? Maybe it's your area that's the problem, not the sets. 

In 2019 they did a weird thing - they gave both Marvel and DC their own sublines, Spider-Man and Batman respectively. Next to them there were movie based sets. After Endgame's sets success, Lego brought back regular Marvel line with this year's Avengers sets, but they still produce Spider-Man sets. If (for example) Shazam 2, Flash and Aquaman 2 sets are gonna perform extremely well, they are gonna bring back the Justic League line. Simple.

Also, remember that this thread is for civilised people. If you're gonna name call people, you will get a ban. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First of all, this theme is not dying. We just got a fantastic CMF series, and an amazing WW84 set. The thing with DC compared to Marvel are movies. Zack Snyder's DCEU is no more, and DC needed to find a way. So we got great Aquaman, fantastic Shazam, incredible Joker and good Birds of Prey. But Lego did only one set for only one of those movies - because 2 of them are R-rated, and no one is still sure why they didn't make sets for Shazam.

But DC actually has a plan for next few years, with a LOT of set opportunities. We've got THE BATMAN MOVIE, this is gonna be a golden egg. Suicide Squad is R-rated. Then we've got Black Adam with lots of superheroes (Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Atom Smasher, Dr. Fate). Next is Shazam 2, which I believe they will make sets for. After that there's FLASH movie, no way they are not gonna make sets based on this. And last but not least, Aquaman 2 (the first movie made more than 1B).

You don't understand something - A THEME DOESN'T NEED TO BE IN TOP SELLING THEMES OR GET AN HONORABLE MENTION to perform good. Those themes are top-tier themes, the best of the best. Doesn't mean that others that don't get mentioned didn't perform good.

Sets not selling in your Target mean nothing. You know there are lots of stores in the world, right? Maybe it's your area that's the problem, not the sets. 

In 2019 they did a weird thing - they gave both Marvel and DC their own sublines, Spider-Man and Batman respectively. Next to them there were movie based sets. After Endgame's sets success, Lego brought back regular Marvel line with this year's Avengers sets, but they still produce Spider-Man sets. If (for example) Shazam 2, Flash and Aquaman 2 sets are gonna perform extremely well, they are gonna bring back the Justic League line. Simple.

Also, remember that this thread is for civilised people. If you're gonna name call people, you will get a ban. 

Have to agree – has anybody got actual figures of sales of certain lines? From my experience in the UK, I see Marvel sets collecting dust on the shelves, and they seem to go to sale quicker than DC sets, so should I assume Marvel doesnt' sell?

Truth is, Marvel's success has made them popular – but apart from Spidey, the Hulk and from the 80's on X-Men, the Marvel brand hasn't been massive globally before the MCU - DC has always been the more popular and successful brand. We are currently going through Marvel's golden period - but if the movies fall out of favour - which they will, then trends will change – Batman will always be a big seller in whatever format - he transcends his genre.

As for sales – if DC/Batman sales are down, i'd personally put that down to the choice of sets, rather than the characters themselves... the DC sets (like the City theme) have been regurgitating variations of the same old sets – how many Batmobiles or Batman v Villain helicopter sets can we have? The after sale values of minifigures show the interest is definitely there, but they need to come up with something new... for example, Batman's 80th anniversary should have seen sets based on different versions of Batman – we got the UCS Batmobile with Keaton's Batman – but there should have been an affordable version of this Batman - or a set from that movie at least, Maybe a Superpowers style Batman and Robin with that version of the Batmobile (in Blue) to give us something different. If sets based on other characters feel they need Batman, how about Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, possibly Guy Gardner along with Batman from the Maguire run on JL, complete with Blue Beetle's Bug ship.

These kids who spread negativity and name call people,  should be banned! 

We should all be greatful we are getting DC and Marvel sets and so many other beautiful sets!

Long live the bat! 

In case anyone missed this;

Also, Just2good’s confirmed that the 26 identical” parts are prints, not stickers. Woo-hoo! Can’t wait to pick this one up. I just hope stock will be available in Australia with the country on lockdown.

34 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, Just2good’s confirmed that the 26 identical” parts are prints, not stickers. Woo-hoo! 

We've known that for a few days. Mark Stafford confirmed it

One small thing to add to the ''DC is dying'' conversation: if Batman didn't sell well like stated here, why tf would they give him his own standalone movie?!

The ‚DC is dying‘ argument is just silly :laugh: As if they dedicated an entire CMF series to a dying theme :tongue: And is anyone really surprised that Batsy outsells the rest of the JL? Plus, the evidence is purely anecdotal, and as a researcher I can assure you that this kind of evidence is basically worthless.

...What is that, Minecraft only gets two sets this summer?! It‘s a dead theme! Abandon ship and run for the hills, AFOLs and TFOLs first! :head_back:

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One small thing to add to the ''DC is dying'' conversation: if Batman didn't sell well like stated here, why tf would they give him his own standalone movie?!

You know that was in 2017, right?

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

These kids who spread negativity and name call people,  should be banned! 

We should all be greatful we are getting DC and Marvel sets and so many other beautiful sets!

Long live the bat! 

The 2019 DC and Marvel sets were garbage though

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You know that was in 2017, right?

The 2019 DC and Marvel sets were garbage though

Of course I do, but they wouldn't give him a standalone movie if Batman didn't sell. That doesn't just drastically change overnight.

The fact you personally don't like a set doesn't mean it doesn't sell. 

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

The 2019 Marvel sets were garbage though

Yet it was one of the top selling themes

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

In case anyone missed this;

Sooo... LEGO won't release official images for a set that people already own? Madness

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Of course I do, but they wouldn't give him a standalone movie if Batman didn't sell. That doesn't just drastically change overnight.

The fact you personally don't like a set doesn't mean it doesn't sell. 

Batman started not to sell over 2018-2019, NOT 2017. It was over those 3 years. Personally? Literally everyone from the forum back in March when the summer 2019 sets were revealed called them sets that weren’t good aside from the batmobile. ThE FaCt yOu pErSoNalLY dOn’t lIKe a SET DoeSN’t MeAn it dOesEN’T SeLl. Its more then just my target store. DC is dying. Gimme 3 examples of actually good seta from 2019.

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Yet it was one of the top selling themes

Sooo... LEGO won't release official images for a set that people already own? Madness

The Endgame and spiderman stuff were still garbage. They literally re-branded a juniors police station into a compound.

@HalfBloodPrince Keep it civil please, if you want to stay a member here. There is no reason to resort to insults. 

--

How about everyone agrees to disagree?

So...talk about something else please. Thanks! :thumbup:

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, Captain Nemo is right. Discussion with people like this are pointless. We all know that DC is not dying.

Ok, we’ll see in two years if the line is dead.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Ok, we’ll see in two years if the line is dead.

Especially with movies like Batman, Shazam 2, Flash or Aquaman. It can only get better.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Especially with movies like Batman, Shazam 2, Flash or Aquaman. It can only get better.

Pretty sure they’re cancelling Flash after the whole Ezra Miller situation lol. But I agree. I think with the abundance of DC movies coming out, the theme can only get better. It’s not going away anytime soon.

Edited by HarryVader

9 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Pretty sure they’re cancelling Flash after the whole Ezra Miller situation lol. But I agree. I think with the abundance of DC movies coming out, the theme can only get better. It’s not going away anytime soon.

Maybe they'll still make the movie but use Wally West? Idk, Ezra is a fine actor but I hated his Flash

24 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

No that's just speculation. If they announce it, we'll know. Now there's no real proof to think that.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No that's just speculation. If they announce it, we'll know. Now there's no real proof to think that.

I mean given the situation, it's kind of hard to imagine them not firing Ezra Miller... but as mentioned above, they could always recast him or use Wally West instead. Probably just means we won't be getting another Ezra Miller Flash minifigure. 

54 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I mean given the situation, it's kind of hard to imagine them not firing Ezra Miller... but as mentioned above, they could always recast him or use Wally West instead. Probably just means we won't be getting another Ezra Miller Flash minifigure. 

I know it's a different example, but look at Johnny Depp situation. One year ago we thought we were never gonna see him in a movie again, and now it's Amber Heard that can go to prison. How things change after time.

It's a fluid situation. Fans were annoying and disturbing him, and one asked for a fight. He lost his temper and gave her the fight she was asking for. Even if it was a joke.