Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

"ThE bOx Is MiSsInG sOmEtHiNg, ThE sEt ItSeLf I tHiNk". That's why there's the back of the box. That's a really good tactic. Catch your eye with the amazing art on the front, then you turn it around, and look, an amazing set.

The box art is stunning. It's really eye-catching. From what I can see interior isn't really big, but it's okay. Also, it looks like a set for adults. The box art, lack of play functions, the build itself, detailed minfigures or even that transparent piece to display Wonder Woman. I gotta say I dig it.

37 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I don't know what the other people think, but I LOVE the new WW84 packaging design. Looks just like a comic book! I kind of hope all the future superhero packaging designs look like this... but I understand if people dislike it because it doesn't show the set itself.

I actually like it, spot on with  the comic book mention! 

Finally  a dc playset! 

Box art decision is interesting as for retail purposes it’s better to show the actual set.

But given HS, I guess Lego feel bold enough to recommend the illustration style choice, and the DC license team are happy to use it as a means to differentiate the new range and movie.

Guaranteed the set will be pictured on the reverse of box though.

Edited by Lucarex
typos

That box art is stunning and does the set justice (yes I know).

Also the Shazam figure is coming with the movie. 

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Harley has red and black dip dyed hair in The Suicide Squad next year, so hopefully they’ll make comic based sets to coincide with the release like they did last time and include a new Harley! 

Oh wow I didn’t know that. The possibility of that made my day rn. Still a dream but less of a pipe dream! Thanks you :excited:

As for the box art, its great. The gold is really sleek and the rainbow colors are so vibrant.

Edited by Legocity2713

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From what I can see interior isn't really big, but it's okay. 

Where did you see the interior

The figure for the new Shazam movie is the old unreleased polybag from ''Shazam!''

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Where did you see the interior

The figure for the new Shazam movie is the old unreleased polybag from ''Shazam!''

On ninjawhip's account there's a picture from above, you know, aerial view. It shows like a round grey platform in the inside (8 studs wide). It also shows that there's a rotation mechanism for the radar dish.

I'm a little amazed at how Lego had the nerve to label the Shazam minifigure included with the Blu-Ray as a "Limited-Edition Exclusive". It's even more of an insult to injury that they put a picture of the figure right next to the movie version which features that superb arm printing, dual molded legs with the boots, and even a gold trim on the cape. 

There is nothing "exclusive" about a minifigure that came out last year and is available in a set that is STILL on store shelves this year, besides the fact that this version comes with hair instead of a hood (and even then I would consider the set version to be more valuable because the hood piece in white isn't all that common). This would've been the perfect chance to finally get a Black Adam minifigure, even if he would've received the same detail downgrade that Shazam got.

AA2s3PQ.jpg

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm a little amazed at how Lego had the nerve to label the Shazam minifigure included with the Blu-Ray as a "Limited-Edition Exclusive". It's even more of an insult to injury that they put a picture of the figure right next to the movie version which features that superb arm printing, double molded legs with the boots, and even a gold trim on the cape. 

There is nothing "exclusive" about a minifigure that came out last year and is available in a set that is STILL on store shelves this year, besides the fact that this version comes with hair instead of a hood (and even then I would consider the set version to be more valuable because the hood piece in white isn't all that common). This would've been the perfect chance to finally get a Black Adam minifigure, even if he would've received the same detail downgrade that Shazam got.

Yep, total load of schmebulock

1 minute ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm a little amazed at how Lego had the nerve to label the Shazam minifigure included with the Blu-Ray as a "Limited-Edition Exclusive". It's even more of an insult to injury that they put a picture of the figure right next to the movie version which features that superb arm printing, double molded legs with the boots, and even a gold trim on the cape. 

To me the more annoying part is that the figure has to be a selling point otherwise they wouldn’t get included with the movie/game. Regarding the price, not everyone knows about BrickLink, and not everyone can afford midrange sets. It’s a bummer, but I remain upbeat about the chance of us getting a Black Adam figure in the future.

Pretty annoyed that it's just another Shazam, could've be the Wizard, Could've been Adam, hell even Mr Mind

So I guess it’s safe to say the WW set isn’t getting the (partial) Minions treatment?

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"ThE bOx Is MiSsInG sOmEtHiNg, ThE sEt ItSeLf I tHiNk".

Excuse me

What does this mean?

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On ninjawhip's account there's a picture from above, you know, aerial view. It shows like a round grey platform in the inside (8 studs wide). It also shows that there's a rotation mechanism for the radar dish.

That’s not the inside, it’s a picture of the base of the satellite dish when the dish is removed. I think there is an interior though, as there’s a door with a sticker on it that Maxwell Lord is coming out of in one of the images. 

I also think the gold satellite pieces could be either stickers or printed. It looks like the gold design goes right to the edge of the pieces, which makes me think it’s a print as it’s not as obvious as the stickers next to the door and on the door, but I’m not sure. 

EDIT: There is an interior, it’s shown in a picture of two kids playing with the set. It’s open at the back and there’s just a platform for Maxwell Lord to stand on and stickers on the walls on either side of him, while Cheetah films him with the camera. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I also think the gold satellite pieces could be either stickers or printed. It looks like the gold design goes right to the edge of the pieces, which makes me think it’s a print as it’s not as obvious as the stickers next to the door and on the door, but I’m not sure. 

I'm almost positive they'll be printed, since all 26 are the exact same. That'd be a lot of stickers, even by LEGO's standards. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The box art is stunning. It's really eye-catching. 

This box, in my opinion, is amazing. It increases the collectibility of the box for people who like to keep the box after building or people who like to keep their sets sealed. Not only do you get a cool set but also an adorable artwork. Imagine how much potential this has on, say, the Marvel Eternals sets if this becomes a trend for the superheroes line. I’m all for it.

20 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

I'm almost positive they'll be printed, since all 26 are the exact same. That'd be a lot of stickers, even by LEGO's standards. 

It looks like prints. I also pray that they’re not stickers. Imagine the pain.

Edited by HarryVader

You know you gotta hand it to the DC set designers, even though most of the sets seem meh, they sure do know how to make a great looking minifig (Last year's Batman sets being the example in mind)

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Someone in the comments on Brickset says they picked this set up early at their local Target and the panels are printed! 

I really want them to be printed but I doubt someone already has the set 2 months before release

Someone listed the set on eBay. The back of the box does indeed show the set with some nice graphics, pretty basic stuff.

Edited by Yochip

3 minutes ago, Yochip said:

Someone listed the set on eBay. The back of the box does indeed show the set with some nice graphics, pretty basic stuff.

And interestingly, the box is not yellow as shown in the amazon pictures, it‘s golden :wub: Very fascinating approach here

Edited by Lego-Freak

To end the speculation, can confirm the solar panels on WW84 are printed.

(I designed this one.)

Just now, Nabii said:

To end the speculation, can confirm the solar panels on WW84 are printed.

(I designed this one.)

That's great news, makes the set much more desirable than if it had 26 stickers

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Excuse me

What does this mean?

That wasn't a personal attack on you, it was just an example that stuck into my head.

People don't get the fact that there's back of the box. This box art looks stunning AND is MUCH better for display. Normal boxes don't look amazing when displaying the sets with them. This one will look stunning when displayed with the set. And if you want to see the content, you just turn around the box. Not that hard.