Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Oh my god this set is amazing. I need it. I’ve been building a spaceport in my city and a massive communications rig like that would be perfect, and WW and Cheetah both look incredible. Day 1 buy, I can’t wait!

. . I just hope I’ll actually be able to get it in Australia given the country’s on lockdown. :(

I honestly have zero interest in Wonder Woman or the new movie but the set looks really nice. I love the build and the figures look really good.

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or is it in reference to @Falconfan1414 and aclego.03’s April Fool’s game where they had a list of 5 claims, some of which allegedly being true? If you ask me, the joke is that the whole list is false since none of them sound plausible :tongue:

Anyway, these were the 5 claims

- The Avengers Tower includes a Hall of Armor (doesn’t make sense minifig-wise)

- the HP D2C is microscale (doesn’t add up if it’s indeed Diagon Alley)

- Hasbro lost the Star Wars exclusivity license so the January 2021 CMF series is Star Wars (contradicts Itaria’s claim)

- DC will be cancelled after this year due to poor sales (as if)

- TLG has huge plans for Minions (which fell through, even if they existed)

Well Itaria said The HP Series 2 CMF was delayed and we all know how that went

Easily one of the few DC sets in recent years that is actually completely worth the price tag (plus if you're anything like me you have a deep love for nice location builds)

Lego is really blowing everyone's expectations out of the water so far, what with this amazing movie set PLUS the 501st Army set, let's hope they continue this trend with every theme (if a DCEU set looks this amazing just imagine what the comic sets are gonna look like this summer)

1 minute ago, Mountain Drew said:

(if a DCEU set looks this amazing just imagine what the comic sets are gonna look like this summer)

I hope that you will be right, but also they can be a big fail :) 

29 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Easily one of the few DC sets in recent years that is actually completely worth the price tag (plus if you're anything like me you have a deep love for nice location builds)

Lego is really blowing everyone's expectations out of the water so far, what with this amazing movie set PLUS the 501st Army set, let's hope they continue this trend with every theme (if a DCEU set looks this amazing just imagine what the comic sets are gonna look like this summer)

Movie based sets and comic based sets are two different things.

With movie sets they have to stick with the movie designs, where they can't just throw in repeats from last wave, and the movie designs are always fresh and (mostly) better looking than comic ones. Movies also bring a lot of new unseen characters, so Lego can't just throw in same character from last wave. This year for new character (movie based) we get Yelena Belova, Maxwell Lord and the Eternals, which are all gonna be new, lots of new characters. They also can't just throw in a random vehicle or another mech, but they have to stick with the movie designs, which are always realistic and not for 3 YO kids.

For comic based sets, on the other hand, they can always throw repeats from last wave. They can have no new characters at all (or only a few). They can throw in a stupid mech or a silly car, or another jet. There's a lot of creative freedom, and with movie sets there's not.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They can throw in a stupid mech or a silly car, or another jet. There's a lot of creative freedom, and with movie sets there's not.

I mostly agree, but there's one exception, and boy do I love bringing it up: the Mandarin's GoLf KaRt oF DoOm :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They also can't just throw in a random vehicle or another mech, but they have to stick with the movie designs, which are always realistic and not for 3 YO kids.

Avengers Police Sta.... I mean Compound would like to have a word :wink:

It appears that the new Harley Quinn minifigure is on Instagram now.  Looks neat.  It appears to be on eBay.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Okay, so first off, love the new Harley. I'll have to have one in hand to be sure on where I rank it, but it will definitely be one of my favorites (probably behind Apocalypseberg, which is still SO EXPENSIVE on Bricklink, but I Iike this face more).

As for the Wonder Woman set, HO-LY-CRAP do I like that. We NEVER get stuff this original in the DC sets! It's amazing! Wonder Woman's figure is beautiful, I'm decently fond of the Cheetah figure (I'll be more decisive when I see higher-def pics; I'm not fond of the design in all of the merch, like the Pop, but it seems to work here; no clue if I'll like it in the movie yet or not), and though the Maxwell Lord does not appear to have new designs, it appears reasonably close to Pedro Pascal, so I'm fine with it. And that build! Looks like we have some (potential) degree of Brother Eye in the movie. How cool is that satellite dish!

2 HOUR LATER UPDATE: Found a better look at the 'figs! Wonder Woman is really perfect for her Golden Armor. Cheetah's look translates EXTREMELY well into minifigure form up-close (although I'm almost certainly swapping out the hair for one that matches the comic color more closely), and Lord is still a reasonably close-enough bunch of repeat parts since we're getting the two amazing others.

Edited by BaneShake

Another year, another Harley Quinn

I feel like that's a left over desing from TLBM (torso and legs that is) because it looks very similiar in style

Love the back printing 

A little disappointed that Harley didn't resemble her Birds of Prey appearance... but that back printing is adorable! I love it!

The new Harley kind of reminds me of her design from the new animated show, except with an added jacket. Obviously it isn't directly based on the show so it's probably the closest we'll get .

I'm not even a big fan of Wonder Woman in general, but this looks like a great playset. That Wonder Woman is really close to the Kingdom Come appearance, which is great, and that looks enough like Maxwell Lord to put in my collection, even though I hate the guy. I mean, The Joker is more likeable than this guy. 

Looks exactly like DC Rebirth Harley Quinn except the star belt buckle is red diamond instead of a gold star.

Good looking fig, love the hair and legs especially. 

That said... for the love of Christ can they make a red and black version of this pigtail piece already? I will say this every time they release a Harley figure. I don’t even care if its blonde with red and black tips, or half red and half black, I just want red and black!

Its literally the last option they have for a figure of her, but knowing Lego they’ll just go back to the regular jester costume for the next wave. And just when I think its finally time for the red and black pigtail figure, DC will probably make a new comic where Harley’s hair is green and purple so that wave will have that. Lather, rinse, and repeat for 55 years before they make it or I just give up.

Honestly, that's my favourite Harley we've ever got. I love this design so much probably because it reminds me of the new animated series design, which I think perfectly balances the black/red and blue/pink colour combinations. I think I'll Bricklink this one, or hope that it will be available in the magazine.

When I first saw the Wonder Woman Set, I didn’t think anyone would like it. Maybe I’m just used to vehicles? But it looks really awesome in hindsight!

17 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

When I first saw the Wonder Woman Set, I didn’t think anyone would like it. Maybe I’m just used to vehicles? But it looks really awesome in hindsight!

People tend to prefer playsets. And by people I mean adult ones. Kids, on the other hand, prefer vehicles.

I would like a Shazam vs Black Adam set based off this movie so much more than ''generic Batvehicle nr 178''. As for the figure these movies always include, I hope it's BA but it wouldn't surprise me if this the way to get the Shazam! movie polybag

That trailer made me miss Mighty Micros. They would have been great with dual/triple molded mini legs like that. Green Lantern's vehicle looks good too. I wonder if they had plans for that one in the past.

Oh man, if only we got sets based on this than more Batman sets. Just imagine a set with Shazam and Black Adam. Hell, even throw in two mechs in this set. I just want something fresh from this line.