Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

57 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Big facts. I was so disappointed when the rumors came in 2015 that we’d get a set with Killer Croc and instead of using that PERFECT Lego Batman 3 design they just made him look like Abomination from the Hulk movie. :sceptic: There’s so many examples of that type of situation happening that it makes me wonder if they even look at the game designs for minifigure ideas for anything other than a pre-order figure.

Space Batman from the Green Lantern set is straight from the game

26 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Space Batman from the Green Lantern set is straight from the game

Given how underdetailed Space Batman is in the game itself compared to all other Batman variants it's most likely a figure designed by LEGO themselves (just because the set came out 2 months later than the game doesn't necessarily mean they based it off the game design)

Honestly, my favourite theme ever (unfortunately retired) was The Lego Batman Movie. Those were the most amazing and fantastic sets I've ever seen, and I don't think Lego will EVER beat the quality of those sets and minifigures with any DC wave. I got what I needed, and I don't need any more Batman sets. Like ever. The only Batman sets I'll need will be 2021 ones, as movie-based sets are always fresh and aren't stupid mechs with repeat villains. What I expect from DC line are not Batman sets. I expect:

1. Sets based on DC movies. With The Batman, The Flash, Shazam 2 or Aquaman 2 I would love not to get 1 set for each, but more than that.

2. DC sets. Not Batman, DC. This universe is so big, diversive and colourful and the sets have such a big potential, just imagine getting Justice League sets after all those years.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean from what I understood, dc movie sets never sold well so that’s why they don’t get more then the occasional one set 

That's shocking, seeing as the majority of sets for BvS and JL were bat vehicles... and you'd think Batman sets sold great considering that's the only type of DC set we get for the most part.

51 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

That's shocking, seeing as the majority of sets for BvS and JL were bat vehicles... and you'd think Batman sets sold great considering that's the only type of DC set we get for the most part.

Don't forget those movies on their own were just garbage. The DCEU movies overall are also just really incosistent: MoS and Aquaman had their flaws but were pretty good, WW was really average and extremely overhyped (just like Black Panther), BvS was meh and JL was awfull imo

I'll gladly take a proper comicbook set over a DCEU set.

I have no idea why Lego sticks with Batman. It isn't people hating DC, it is people being sick of Batman. I have spent far too much money on DC comics, but I only have a few DC sets, but almost every minifigure. The sets are bland, and the majority of the interesting figures are from The Lego Batman Movie or from polybags. I cannot believe that it took that long to get a Reverse Flash.

Edit: DC needs to make Justice Society sets. They are an amazing team with so much untapped potential. Arrowverse sets are also a good idea since they are actually culturally relevant. It's not like DC and CW don't have a relationship already. They just need to make sets! I feel like Lego just doesn't care about DC anymore.

Edited by Do1633

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean from what I understood, dc movie sets never sold well so that’s why they don’t get more then the occasional one set 

I hope that with more diverse and colourful movies (Aquaman 2, The Batman, The Flash, Shazam 2) they will start selling well, as DC finally started making good movies.

Everyone is complaining about Batman but Batman sells. The last Justice League sets didn’t. We won’t get Justice League sets for a while so you might as well get used to it.

We are NOT target market either.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Or in some cases, no sets at all (yes I'm still a little peeved we never even got a single Shazam set). But I feel like The Batman will be the exception and we'll get 3 sets for it instead of only one. 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't forget those movies on their own were just garbage. The DCEU movies overall are also just really incosistent: MoS and Aquaman had their flaws but were pretty good, WW was really average and extremely overhyped (just like Black Panther), BvS was meh and JL was awfull imo

I'll gladly take a proper comicbook set over a DCEU set.

Yeah, but kids don't care if a movies good or not... so why didn't the movie sets sell?

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Yeah, but kids don't care if a movies good or not... so why didn't the movie sets sell?

Seeing a movie does actually influence wether or not a kid wants a set. If a kid loves a movie he/she will want a set based off it, if the movie was bad the appeal definetely decreases.

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Kids do care. One shop in my town STILL has leftover Star Wars Episode I merchandise they haven't been able to shift, and Star Wars was (in theory) a guarantee of huge toy sales. A good movie sparks the imagination and makes kids want to make their own adventures with those characters; bad movies don't. And so far, the DCEU has either failed to spark the imagination (BvS, Justice League), or hasn't made much of an impact in the public conciseness (Shazam, Birds of Prey... both which didn't get Lego sets). Hopefully 'The Batman' will do both and generate interest in all further DC movies, but until then, it's gonna be Batman or nothing, sadly.

19 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Kids do care. One shop in my town STILL has leftover Star Wars Episode I merchandise they haven't been able to shift, and Star Wars was (in theory) a guarantee of huge toy sales. A good movie sparks the imagination and makes kids want to make their own adventures with those characters; bad movies don't. And so far, the DCEU has either failed to spark the imagination (BvS, Justice League), or hasn't made much of an impact in the public conciseness (Shazam, Birds of Prey... both which didn't get Lego sets). Hopefully 'The Batman' will do both and generate interest in all further DC movies, but until then, it's gonna be Batman or nothing, sadly.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Seeing a movie does actually influence wether or not a kid wants a set. If a kid loves a movie he/she will want a set based off it, if the movie was bad the appeal definetely decreases.

Well all I know is that when I was a kid I thought Attack of the Clones was a great movie...maybe I was just a dumb kid:laugh:

10 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Well all I know is that when I was a kid I thought Attack of the Clones was a great movie...maybe I was just a dumb kid:laugh:

But if you thought AotC was a great movie you're pretty much saying you cared about it as a kid, while you previously said ''kids don't care'' :wink:

The Minions sets are apparantly getting delayed because of the movie being delayed due to the coronavirus. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happened with the WW84 set

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-minions-release-verschoben/97429/

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

But if you thought AotC was a great movie you're pretty much saying you cared about it as a kid, while you previously said ''kids don't care'' :wink:

The Minions sets are apparantly getting delayed because of the movie being delayed due to the coronavirus. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happened with the WW84 set

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-minions-release-verschoben/97429/

The movie's coming out in August. IF they push the set, it will be pushed from May 1st to June 1st. That's not really a big difference. 

FalconFan has announced in an IG story that he might have more bad news soon :sad: I’m not sure what this is referring to, but I hope it’s just the WW84 set rather than multiple themes (or worse yet, all of them :cry_sad:)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

FalconFan has announced in an IG story that he might have more bad news soon :sad: I’m not sure what this is referring to, but I hope it’s just the WW84 set rather than multiple themes (or worse yet, all of them :cry_sad:)

As long as Harry Potter doesn't get delayed I'll be fine :sad:

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As long as Harry Potter doesn't get delayed I'll be fine :sad:

I'm sure it will. And all themes. I don't want it to happen, but like half the world is shut down right now, and I doubt they can keep factories open much longer.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Images are out there somewhere but nobody wants to show them. 

Not yet, official images are not out yet

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not yet, official images are not out yet

And unofficial ones?