Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Stormfury said:

We are in the middle of the March and still no new info or leaks of the WW84 set.  

Don't know about you guys, but the curiosity in me is too damn high :D

Most factory leaks come from China so with all factories being closed down I wouldn't expect to see much of the set untill it's reveiled 

13 hours ago, Stormfury said:

We are in the middle of the March and still no new info or leaks of the WW84 set.  

Don't know about you guys, but the curiosity in me is too damn high :D

I've seen two dates by two different retailers - it's April 1st or May 1st. Every day the first date becomes unlikelier, unless Lego actually became good at not leaking stuff.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[...] unless Lego actually became good at not leaking stuff.

In some aspects, they got better (less factory leaks), in others, not so much (HP CMF S2). In the latter case, the call even came from inside the house, so to speak :laugh:

Either way, a May release seems more likely at this point.

Worst case scenario the WW84 set gets officially revealed last minute (a week or so before the actual set hits shelves), they've done this similarly before with the Flintstones set and the Jurassic Park D2C.

With the War Machine minifig getting leaked today, it probably won't be long before we atleast get a look at a DC piece design or better descriptions of the sets, since both DC and Marvel sets are coming out in June.

Also, just to point out, its been about a year since we got some Summer 2019 Batman set leaks, so I guess its any day now for Summer 2020 leaks (fingers crossed for that Hush Batsuit @MisterBatfleck)

3 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Also, just to point out, its been about a year since we got some Summer 2019 Batman set leaks, so I guess its any day now for Summer 2020 leaks (fingers crossed for that Hush Batsuit @MisterBatfleck)

This year's sets has to be the one that it comes in, I tell you. How much longer can they continue to use the Rebirth Batsuit minifigure (the light OR the dark grey version), by this summer it'll be 2 whole years that Bruce has been wearing the Hush Batsuit in the comics.

1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

This year's sets has to be the one that it comes in, I tell you. How much longer can they continue to use the Rebirth Batsuit minifigure (the light OR the dark grey version), by this summer it'll be 2 whole years that Bruce has been wearing the Hush Batsuit in the comics.

It can take up to two years for the process of designing a set to releasing it in stores, and considering it HAS been two years, I find it more likely now than ever.

If Batgirl has her new costume from 2018 in these sets then there should be no reason why they can't use the Hush Batsuit. (hopefully they didn't misinterpret Batwoman for Batgirl again)

But hey, the First Appearance Batman torso works pretty well if we don't get what we deserve.

Image result for batgirl 2018

57 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

It can take up to two years for the process of designing a set to releasing it in stores, and considering it HAS been two years, I find it more likely now than ever.

If Batgirl has her new costume from 2018 in these sets then there should be no reason why they can't use the Hush Batsuit. (hopefully they didn't misinterpret Batwoman for Batgirl again)

But hey, the First Appearance Batman torso works pretty well if we don't get what we deserve

Only big D2C's take that long, normal sets usually take around 1 year or shorter. 

But this is still DC we're talking about so I'm fully expected a reuse of the old Batman figure. 

My observation through the years is that the lego sets for the DC/Marvel movies hit the shelves around 2 months before the release of the movie in cinemas. 

Now when everywhere the cinemas are closing, may be WB will delay the relase of WW84 and I'm wondering what will happen with the lego set?

What do you think?

36 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

My observation through the years is that the lego sets for the DC/Marvel movies hit the shelves around 2 months before the release of the movie in cinemas. 

Now when everywhere the cinemas are closing, may be WB will delay the relase of WW84 and I'm wondering what will happen with the lego set?

What do you think?

The set will most likely still release on the date it was planned. Though not officially announced Black Widow will also be delayed and they already released that set

On 3/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, Stormfury said:

What do you think?

It's probably too late to delay it.

New Harley Quinn just leaked (kind of). It's a blurry picture of her back. It looks fake, but I can assure you it is real (this leaker is leaking those sneak peeks of 2HY minifigs).

Same old blue and pink hair, which is a shame, I would finally love the black and red hair. The torso and legs are actually red and black tho - right leg and left arm are red, and the other way round.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New Harley Quinn just leaked (kind of). It's a blurry picture of her back. It looks fake, but I can assure you it is real (this leaker is leaking those sneak peeks of 2HY minifigs).

Same old blue and pink hair, which is a shame, I would finally love the black and red hair. The torso and legs are actually red and black tho - right leg and left arm are red, and the other way round.

There's also a rumour that we might be getting sets based on new Harley Quinn TV show.

That rumor is made up, it is based off someone taking a hint that the Harley Quinn figure is coming as sets are coming based off the tv show 

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That rumor is made up, it is based off someone taking a hint that the Harley Quinn figure is coming as sets are coming based off the tv show 

Yeah, it just got to me that it's also R rated, so Lego would never make sets based on it. It would be cool tho, it has got a lot of cool villains and DC characters.

Everyone is psyched over Harley and such (a great looking figure, at least as far as I can tell from the blurry image) and I’m over here tapping my foot, waiting for Wonder Woman vs Cheetah... surprised we have yet to physically see anything from it yet.

4 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Everyone is psyched over Harley and such (a great looking figure, at least as far as I can tell from the blurry image) and I’m over here tapping my foot, waiting for Wonder Woman vs Cheetah... surprised we have yet to physically see anything from it yet.

It shouldn't be too long from now, especially since WB is considering a straight-to-digital/streaming release for WW84

The new Harley minifig seems nice, but what is up with those blurry leaks? I couldn‘t take pictures this horrible even if I tried :laugh_hard: Did they cover the camera lense in superglue first? Or did they zoom in from across the room? :grin:

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new Harley minifig seems nice, but what is up with those blurry leaks? I couldn‘t take pictures this horrible even if I tried :laugh_hard: Did they cover the camera lense in superglue first? Or did they zoom in from across the room? :grin:

Pretty sure it was taken from a potato

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Pretty sure it was taken from a potato

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

How blurry it is has me worried about how legitimate it is, unless @HalfBloodPrince is right about the camera being a potato there's no possible way for that photo to have been taken in a worse way.

The leaker who posts those pictures (kingwong75 on Instagram) has some new 2HY minifigures (Hulk, Centaur, Harley, Monkie Kid big fig), but for some reasons he doesn't want to post a full view of them, he just posts things like blurred back, black and white torso, pixelized mould or big fig that's almost entirely covered by another big fig. 

But the leak is legit, I can assure you.

Just saw a Ninjago figure leak with a great mask that would be almost perfect for a Court of Owls minifigure. Sadly, it looks like it’s apart of the hat. 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Just saw a Ninjago figure leak with a great mask that would be almost perfect for a Court of Owls minifigure. Sadly, it looks like it’s apart of the hat. 

I think the hat is separate but we won’t know until the sets arrive