Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

@Anonknee MussNot sure why you are harping on about this. It is illogical for a multi-billion dollar multi-national to lie in this scenario. I don't see how you can be right when my own LEGO purchase history in his last year says the exact opposite of what you're saying - and indicates LEGO's statement as accurate.

I bought every single Marvel set last year (huge fan of the MCU), and already bought most of this years sets. I even bought multiple duplicates of some Marvel sets last year (Iron Man HOA and three more Sanctum Santorums because they were being discontinued). I skipped the vast majority of DC sets because they had very few new characters (main draw for buying LEGO sets), and the builds are were somewhat repetitive for the most part when compared to previous years. I don't need another three jokers, 5 of the same Batman minifigure, or repeat sets that I already have when the sets are mainly vehicles. 2018/2019 Marvel waves were some of the best superhero waves ever imo, and people bought them. I don't see why Lego would lie, or you think that they are lying, because I know where most of my money has gone. If they were lying then would we see so many Marvel sets and so few DC sets? A good businesses doesn't invest more money in a product line that they have to lie to sell, especially when their target audience (kids) do not read financial results.

Has anyone tried switching out First Appearance Batman's hands and cowl for black hands and a standard cowl to see how it looks?

Since Lego doesn't seem to want to give me an updated Hush Batsuit anytime soon, this would be the next best thing.

8 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Has anyone tried switching out First Appearance Batman's hands and cowl for black hands and a standard cowl to see how it looks?

Since Lego doesn't seem to want to give me an updated Hush Batsuit anytime soon, this would be the next best thing.

I'll have a look later if I remember.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, MisterBatfleck said:

Had the pieces conveniently within reach, so here ya go!

49649319627_82dee29a6c_z.jpg

8 hours ago, BaneShake said:

49649319627_82dee29a6c_z.jpg

Hot damn, that looks even better than expected! Though when I meant standard cowl I was talking about the long eared version, but the overall figure looks perfect.

4 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I'm hoping Lego cancels this line soon. Don't get me wrong, I love DC, but these aren't selling. These and Mario will be the death of Lego, believe me.

A lot of these sets are selling decently well, just not enough to get DC on the list of best-selling themes. If DC truly didn't sell LEGO would've cancelled the theme a long time ago

5 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I'm hoping Lego cancels this line soon. Don't get me wrong, I love DC, but these aren't selling. These and Mario will be the death of Lego, believe me.

You're just visiting all themes discussions and write "ThIs IsN't SeLlInG wElL, tHiS wIlL bE tHe EnD oF lEgO".

Just shut up already, no one cares about your opinion. Lego is doing better than ever, and with new DC movies coming in 2021 and 2022, it will sell much better than now.

P.S. I know this wasn't "nice" in terms of being friendly and kind, but this guy is annoying as hell.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

P.S. I know this wasn't "nice" in terms of being friendly and kind, but this guy is annoying as hell.

I must say I agree. It's fine if you share your opinion but going to a ton of threads saying that theme will kill the company without really giving any arguments is really unnecessary

10 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I’m going to go ahead and assume that your knowledge of the inner workings of TLG is based off guesswork and assumptions, m’kay?

17 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

Mate, In the nicest possible way, get outta here! Nothing but negativity,!

What a joke.

This kid should be kicked off. 

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You're just visiting all themes discussions and write "ThIs IsN't SeLlInG wElL, tHiS wIlL bE tHe EnD oF lEgO".

Just shut up already, no one cares about your opinion. Lego is doing better than ever, and with new DC movies coming in 2021 and 2022, it will sell much better than now.

Like I said, ban this kid! 

On 3/11/2020 at 2:20 PM, BaneShake said:

That looks great!

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Mate, In the nicest possible way, get outta here! Nothing but negativity,!

What a joke.

This kid should be kicked off. 

Like I said, ban this kid! 

He's on the Mario thread too, maybe more.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That looks great!

Also Ninjago and Mario. "I hope Lego ends this theme soon" and "I don't see these selling well" are some memorable quotes from both threads.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also Ninjago and Mario. "I hope Lego ends this theme soon" and "I don't see these selling well" are some memorable quotes from both threads.

Well despite @GeneralNumberOne's prophisations of doom for this brand (along with ninjago, mario, star wars, lego as a whole, and, understandably, minions), I think it'll do pretty well especially with sets based off the next batman. The car, batsuit, and cycle all look pretty cool, and if there's a cheap set with batsuit or the batmobile is $30 or less I might make my first lego DC purchase in awhile.

Seriously, the batman designs look AMAZING so far, if they transfer well into lego I'll need to pick up at LEAST the batmobile and figure.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

In a more positive light, I would like to see Greg Capullo’s new Batmobile come to life.

The one from death metal? 

The monster truck?

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That looks great!

Need to report this kid! 

42 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Need to report this kid! 

If you want to report something, use the Report function. In this case, he apologised and it's done with, so everybody can move on!

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Well despite @GeneralNumberOne's prophisations of doom for this brand (along with ninjago, mario, star wars, lego as a whole, and, understandably, minions), I think it'll do pretty well especially with sets based off the next batman. The car, batsuit, and cycle all look pretty cool, and if there's a cheap set with batsuit or the batmobile is $30 or less I might make my first lego DC purchase in awhile.

Seriously, the batman designs look AMAZING so far, if they transfer well into lego I'll need to pick up at LEAST the batmobile and figure.

I think we'll get 3 sets, like we got for Far From Home last year. My guesses are:

Motorcycle Chase with Batman and Catwoman (+maybe another villain or thug). Includes Batcycle, Catwoman's motorcycle and some side builds.

Batmobile with Batman and two villains (+maybe a thug or another villain). Includes Batmobile.

Batcave with Batman, Alfred, Bruce Wayne and some villains. The Batcave wouldn't be extremely big, and it wouldn't include another bat-vehicle (to not waste pieces on the Batcave itself).

That's just speculation of course. We know the movie is loosely (or maybe tightly) based on Long Halloween) so it includes a lot of villains - Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin (Two-Face, Mad Hatter, Firefly, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are rumoured).

We are in the middle of the March and still no new info or leaks of the WW84 set.  

Don't know about you guys, but the curiosity in me is too damn high :D