Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah the bat mobile will 100% be a set if they do indeed do sets based off the movie

Can you actually even think about Lego not making sets for a new Batman movieĀ :laugh_hard:

If they do make it I would prefer it to be a two seater, especially with the rumour that the Racers are going to be made that way. Iā€™m glad theyā€™ve gone with that style of car, itā€™s different enough to the previous tanks.

Boy.. this movie is giving me some strong noir vibes

The sets from this movie will be interesting for sure.

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Boy.. this movie is giving me some strong noir vibes

Hmpf, not noir enough forĀ myĀ tastes...Ā :tongue:Ā ...seriously though, I amĀ liking how this cinematic take is shaping-up; and if anyone here'sĀ seen what Matt Reeves hasĀ done for the latter two installments in Andy Serkis' Planet of the Apes reboot trilogy, this film has to be good...Ā :smug:

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah the bat mobile will 100% be a set if they do indeed do sets based off the movie

...and we've already seen that there's a Batcycle, so another possible/likely set with that?

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

If they do make it I would prefer it to be a two seater, especially with the rumour that the Racers are going to be made that way. Iā€™m glad theyā€™ve gone with that style of car, itā€™s different enough to the previous tanks.

What Racers rumour? Iā€™m in the dark bro.

12 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

What Racers rumour? Iā€™m in the dark bro.

I believe he's referring to this rumor...(?)Ā :shrug_confused:

On 2/1/2020 at 5:18 AM, Harkonen said:

Take this with a grain of salt for now because even if it's coming it won't release this year but I heard from my source that Lego will do more than one Technic Fast and Furious set, they are going to do a whole system theme for Fast and Furious whichĀ  will supposedly release next year for the 20th anniversary of the Fast franchise and F10 release.The sets will be like Speed Champions in size of the cars, 8 wide.Ā 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:24 AM, Harkonen said:

It won't replace Speed Champions. The theme is the new Racers equivalent, it won't go anywhere anytime soon.Ā 

One more thing, expect the 8 wide cars to move beyond Speed Champions in the future.Ā 

3 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

...and we've already seen that there's a Batcycle, so another possible/likely set with that?

You wouldĀ  hope so! And a Batcave to top it off with a placement slot for both vehciles!

Man, I really hope we get 5 sets for this movie. And more DC comics sets for the lack of sets this year!Ā 

I mean Externals has 4 FFS!Ā 

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I mean Externals has 4 FFS!Ā 

That's like comparing apples and pears, they are two completely seperate things with different budgets. And TheĀ Eternals' main cast consist of 10+ characters we've never gotten before, while the characters that will be appearing in The Batman have had at least one figure over the last few years (not counting the fact they're based off comics or the DCEU) so it makes complete sense. And you may not like what I'm about to say but judging from the 2019 financial report LEGO Marvel sells a LOT better than DC so they get more budgetĀ :wink:

I like how the Batmobile is at least a practicle vehicle, one misstep while riding the new Batcycle and Bats gets impaled on those horns/earnsĀ :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's like comparing apples and pears, they are two completely seperate things with different budgets. And TheĀ Eternals' main cast consist of 10+ characters we've never gotten before, while the characters that will be appearing in The Batman have had at least one figure over the last few years (not counting the fact they're based off comics or the DCEU) so it makes complete sense. And you may not like what I'm about to say but judging from the 2019 financial report LEGO Marvel sells a LOT better than DC so they get more budgetĀ :wink:

I like how the Batmobile is at least a practicle vehicle, one misstep while riding the new Batcycle and Bats gets impaled on those horns/earnsĀ :laugh_hard:

Yeah I saw that, I buy Marvel sets as well!Ā 

Good point, new minifguares should be interesting from Eternals!

If only Lego gave DC sets more variety!

His protective armour should keep him safe lol

Ā 

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I believe he's referring to this rumor...(?)Ā :shrug_confused:

Thanks man!

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I mean Eternals has 4 FFS!Ā 

Not even Guardians had that many. A friend of mine is speculating that one of the Eternals sets isn't actually an Eternals set because it doesn't have a consistent/consecutive set number. This isn't concrete information, pure speculation.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And you may not like what I'm about to say but judging from the 2019 financial report LEGO Marvel sells a LOT better than DC so they get more budgetĀ :wink:

No, no it doesn't. Lego is a private company meaning they aren't even required to release financial results let alone release accurate results. Don't you remember how inaccurate the Avenger's Endgame set were?

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 3/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

No, no it doesn't. Lego is a private company meaning they aren't even required to release financial results let alone release accurate results. Don't you remember how inaccurate the Avenger's Endgame set were?

Hey, I love DC too butĀ I donā€™t think lying about sales will get us anywhere.Ā 

Why would LEGO lieĀ about MarvelĀ being in the top six selling themes? What would they gain? If they were prone to lying they wouldnā€™t feature the same 5 themes nearly every year. Theyā€™d pickĀ themes like TLM2 or Overwatch in hopes of their sales being boosted.Ā 

Yes the Endgame sets were inaccurate but that doesnā€™t mean they sold poorly. Kids donā€™t seem to care that much about accuracy. Adults still bought them too compare the fan collections on Brickset to other themes. Brickset has a community of mainly male AFOLs and some TFOLs, so their collections suggest they werenā€™t too bothered by inaccuracies too.Ā 

I don't think DC is selling awfully, but it doesnā€™t seem to be doing great either. All the 2018 winter wave were cancelled after a year, as were last yearā€™s two winter sets. If they were selling well they wouldā€™ve been kept on shelves longer, especially the larger sets. I also feel if DC was selling well weā€™d be getting more than four summer sets.Ā 

I really want the theme to sell well and Iā€™m hoping the CMF was successful, as will the summer Batman sets. The more sets people buy means the more sets weā€™ll get in the future! :)

On 3/5/2020 at 1:42 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Many kids that have those sets might not have even seen the movie, and even then they are still the main target buyer for those sets.

Avengers Endgame was rated PG13, while those sets were sold as 6+ or 8+.

AFOL orĀ teens might compare the sets with the movies as a deciding factor for buying, but even then I still think a large portion of the sales were by kids or their parents,Ā seperate of the movie details.

Of course the movie being the #1 revenue movie of all time, and the news about that, must have attracted a lot moreĀ buyers as well. (and now 4 Avengers movies are in the top 11)

Edited by TeriXeri

FYI

set unrelated.

It seems we haveĀ  a 5thĀ book confirmed for release for DC/Batman, funny, thus far we have more book releases then sets for this year lol no complaints for me as I buy the books as well!.Ā 

LEGOĀ® DC Superheroes(TM) - RƤtselspaƟ fĆ¼r echte HeldenĀ - in Germen

Lego Batman Batman vs. the Joker

Lego Batman Sticker Super Heroes and Super-Villains

LEGOĀ® Batman(TM) - Coole Missionen fĆ¼r echte SuperheldenĀ - in GermenĀ 

LEGO Batman: Batman's Guide to His Worst Bad Guys

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If Lego writes Marvel did well, it could be a marketing strategy to sell more when people see it is a ā€œbest sellerā€. I am right in what I am saying, last time Ninjago wasnā€™t on there but itā€™s an evergreen, if it didnā€™t do well, it wouldnā€™t be one.

41 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If Lego writes Marvel did well, it could be a marketing strategy to sell more when people see it is a ā€œbest sellerā€. I am right in what I am saying, last time Ninjago wasnā€™t on there but itā€™s an evergreen, if it didnā€™t do well, it wouldnā€™t be one.

Even if that was true (which I highly doubt) it would barely make a difference. The only people who would buy sets just because aĀ theme is a bestseller are the small amount of AFOL resellers. And an evergreen theme doesn't necessarily have to be a bestseller every single year.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even if that was true (which I highly doubt) it would barely make a difference. The only people who would buy sets just because aĀ theme is a bestseller are the small amount of AFOL resellers. And an evergreen theme doesn't necessarily have to be a bestseller every single year.

100% correct.

22 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

"I am right in what I'm saying". No, no I don't think you are. How would this help sell the sets? Of course Ninjago did well, but not as good as other themes. Marvel is becoming extremely popular so it's not a surprise that kids want Marvel sets and not Ninjago ones. Also, Marvel is also an evergreen theme.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Yes it is true.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

"I am right in what I'm saying". No, no I don't think you are. How would this help sell the sets? Of course Ninjago did well, but not as good as other themes. Marvel is becoming extremely popular so it's not a surprise that kids want Marvel sets and not Ninjago ones. Also, Marvel is also an evergreen theme.

Or itā€™s there for Disney, besides I am right about this.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/172501-lego-ninjago-2020/&do=findComment&comment=3206570

Edited by Anonknee Muss

21 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes it is true.

You do realise you are pretty much saying to everyone that your opinion is a fact right? LEGO has nothing to gain from lying to us about their sales