Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I was really hoping for the long "wolverine" ears. It would have looked awesome with Robert P's angular chin. 

The Batsuit looks almost like a stunt Batsuit 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I was really hoping for the long "wolverine" ears. It would have looked awesome with Robert P's angular chin. 

The Batsuit looks almost like a stunt Batsuit 

It IS a stunt Batsuit, that's the stunt double wearing the suit.

I do hope we get a another set by the end of the year! 

Question, has anyone seen the Shazam polybag from last year anywhere?

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Judging by the insane prices on bricklink, I think not :head_back:

3 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Maybe a retailer exclusive? Wouldn’t hold my breath though

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

No sign of it for me. According to Brickset only 57 of its members own it, compared to 1247 who want it.

48 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I believe that shazam fig may be meant to come with that lego direct to dvd shazam movie

Is that movie still happening?

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Judging by the insane prices on bricklink, I think not :head_back:

Maybe a retailer exclusive? Wouldn’t hold my breath though

Exclusive is what I'm hoping! 

I wonder if Lego will go crazy with Batman v joker sets like they did with venom v spiderman!

12 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

No sign of it for me. According to Brickset only 57 of its members own it, compared to 1247 who want it.

Maybe with the rumored movie! 

I wonder if we'll see any 5G based sets or minifigures next year. Like, I'm really curious about how far that will go. Will we only get 5G themed McFarlane figures? Will it bleed over into the toyetic stuff like the Spinmaster toys? Like, surely, if they want this to be a several year thing like the New 52 or Rebirth, they'll have to market these new characters/updated characters and introduce them to kids, right? I can't imagine how confusing it would be for some kid who just turned like twelve picking up an issue of Wonder Twins in a few years and Wally West is Batman, Jon's in his mid eighties, and Ozymandias is like sunbathing on Alfred's third grave or something with no context. 

well there's rumors now that 5g may not even happen, with DiDio being out at DC, apparently some creators like Snyder want nothing to do with it, and apparently they're worried about exactly what you said, confusing people coming over from the films/tv or back issues.

I think they should just scrap the Earth-One project and replace it with 5G - let it be its own separate Earth with its own history.

All that said, some of the leaked designs look pretty cool and i'd be very stoked to get some minifigs out of this all of them.

4 hours ago, retrotaco said:

well there's rumors now that 5g may not even happen, with DiDio being out at DC, apparently some creators like Snyder want nothing to do with it, and apparently they're worried about exactly what you said, confusing people coming over from the films/tv or back issues.

I think they should just scrap the Earth-One project and replace it with 5G - let it be its own separate Earth with its own history.

All that said, some of the leaked designs look pretty cool and i'd be very stoked to get some minifigs out of this all of them.

Likewise I think some of the proposed character designs are cool, and different yet recognisable enough. It all looked very promising at the end of Doomsday Clock with the prophesied crossover, but if AT&T were tough enough to fire DiDio because they don’t like the idea of it then the future is bleak. Some contradicting reports and speculations out there, the one I like least is DC being bought by Marvel. Dang, I was getting excited at the prospect of modding a Death Metal Trinity, not getting bummed out at the prospect of a landscape change I don’t want.

I wonder if Dick's going back to the red suit soon. Like, Spin Master showed off a red suit Nightwing at NYTF. I know their DC line has a lot of 90's Kenner style variants, but it's still interesting that we'll be getting two red Nightwings from two companies at the same time. Also, the Marvel rumor's from Cosmic Book, which is a clickbait site run by comic-gaters. Their "source" is apparently also more or less blacklisted from the industry due to the whole comic-gate thing, so he's probably just looking for fifteen minutes of fame.

21 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I wonder if Dick's going back to the red suit soon. Like, Spin Master showed off a red suit Nightwing at NYTF. I know their DC line has a lot of 90's Kenner style variants, but it's still interesting that we'll be getting two red Nightwings from two companies at the same time. Also, the Marvel rumor's from Cosmic Book, which is a clickbait site run by comic-gaters. Their "source" is apparently also more or less blacklisted from the industry due to the whole comic-gate thing, so he's probably just looking for fifteen minutes of fame.

The storyline implied that he has his memories back but is keeping the name Ric. Also when his memories started to return the emphasis was on the red suit. 
I really hope that rumour stays that way. 

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

The storyline implied that he has his memories back but is keeping the name Ric. Also when his memories started to return the emphasis was on the red suit. 
 I really hope that rumour stays that way. 

Okay, I dropped Nightwing a while ago, so I have no clue what's going on rn.

The Black Label runs are the ones to read! 

Batman - White Knight 

Joker Killer Smile

Upcoming 3 Jokers by Geoff Johns. 

I don't  like this whole change  of the cowl with Batman that DC comics have planned. 

And Marvel buying DC, get outta here! 

Back to the Lego sets, April  would be nice for some leaks! Really hoping the Joker Trike set comes with a monster truck Batmobile! ( Monster trucks seem to be the rage this year at Lego)

I feel like Harry Potter is getting all the attention this year, with sets and books been released,, not a bad thing as I love the new Hogwarts connected sets. 

I might start a new thread with things I wish Lego released for DC comics based on other theme releases 

E.g

Ninjago pop up book, 

Lego Star Wars Ideas Book

Harry Potter Advent Calender

Marvel Mechs

Iron Man Bust

Connected Hogwarts Set

Just my 2 cents! 

19 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’m pretty sure the Nightwing we are getting this summer will be a red suit.

Yeah, I was wondering whether there was precedent for it or they were just mixing it up for larks.

12 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yeah, I was wondering whether there was precedent for it or they were just mixing it up for larks.

Lets hope we get new designs for rightwing and man bat! And of course minimum 2 new bat variants! 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Lets hope we get new designs for rightwing and man bat! And of course minimum 2 new bat variants! 

As I have opined before, I would love to see Man-Bat with more appropriate wings or ideally a comic accurate figure.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is some sort of correlation between Lego's DC line and Spin Master's. Red suit Nightwing, Batgirl, Man-Bat, and Bronze Tiger coming out with both Lego and Spin Master at the same time seems like it might not be a coincidence. I wonder if WB has like a list of characters toy companies can choose from for a given year. 

Like, I wonder if we'll see King Shark or Copperhead in the fall/winter wave. If we do, that pretty much confirms my theory.

16 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is some sort of correlation between Lego's DC line and Spin Master's.

Like, I wonder if we'll see King Shark or Copperhead in the fall/winter wave. If we do, that pretty much confirms my theory.

Interesting theory. There may be some weight behind it. Don’t get me started on the last part. The Injustice Gang is criminally understaffed.