Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 2/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, Robert8 said:

I hope they will give Batman a break before this movie comes out

Unlikely, but I'm right with you (along with most Lego DC fans)

It would be nice to get a small Justice League based wave like January 2015 and January 2018, so I suppose a January 2021 wave would fit into a nice 3 year pattern.

Hey guys, this year we are celebrating 80 years of Green Lantern. Do you think there is small chance to get a set :) 

1 hour ago, Stormfury said:

Hey guys, this year we are celebrating 80 years of Green Lantern. Do you think there is small chance to get a set :) 

Probably not, lego loves Batman way too much to give the Lanterns some love

3 hours ago, Stormfury said:

If DC was Star Wars then yes. But we had Batman’s 80th and aside from the UCS Batmobile the corresponding wave was pants, so a Green Lantern nod is unlikely unfortunately.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

If DC was Star Wars then yes. But we had Batman’s 80th and aside from the UCS Batmobile the corresponding wave was pants, so a Green Lantern nod is unlikely unfortunately.

Lego miss so much good opportunities to make us open our wallets :D 

18 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

Both DC and Marvel are full of missed opportunities

If they were to introduce a green lantern set, it would come with a white lantern Batman. 

I see star wars sets been released on a yearly basis with repeats making half the releases spread across the 9 movies. 

I hope one day lego changes there strategy and decides to release movie scenes  from the Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy or introduce a speed racers limited  run of batmobile vehicles and of course the rest of the DC universe. Hall of Justice, JL space tower, all it needs is a Batman with a vehicle.

Question,  who makes the decision on how  many sets get released for each theme? 

7 hours ago, Stormfury said:

Agree with you there, I'm finding this year my buying has increased to the city theme, as now I'm looking to  make back drops for my Gotham layout. And that last hidden wave set was prefect. 

Aquaman 2 screams an Large Atlanstis set! 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Aquaman 2 screams an Large Atlanstis set! 

This will be a dream come true. I'm so desperate for location sets ... Atlantis, Themiskyra, any Gotham famous building (GCPD, Iceberg Lounge, Blackgate, Ace Chemicals) and so on ...

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the reasoning is simple: Batman sells, GL doesn’t :wink: There’s a reason Batsy is front and center on everything DC

They released one GL set, and it had an exclusive Batman in it. Then there was the BYOA book, which wasn’t just a build and a figure so any sales records wouldn’t be definitive. Then Jessica came with a DVD, and Simon in a minifigure series. BrickLink currently has 92 individual Batman figures listed. Batman also has 20 years on the GLC. They’re not exactly comparable. 

15 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

They could have put Alan Scott in the DC CMF as a nice celebration. I’m happy with the figures we got to be fair.

If a Series 2 happens, I could easily see Alan show up as a figure to compliment the other JSA members we got in Series 1 like Jay and Stargirl. And if Lego really wanted to, they could do a reverse of what they did in Series 1 by having the Golden Age Green Lantern and a Modern Age Flash like New 52 Wally/Wallace West or Impulse.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

They’re not exactly comparable. 

Sure, but I meant in general, not just in terms of LEGO :wink: Should’ve phrased it more precisely...

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, but I meant in general, not just in terms of LEGO :wink: Should’ve phrased it more precisely...

It’s still going to be down to how the characters are promoted. DC put their efforts into the Trinity, Flash, Joker, and Harley first. Even with popular films behind them Aquaman and Shazam haven’t been pushed harder. Green Lantern does sell, but it doesn’t sell as well as Batman because he’s the main man and gets the biggest push.

12 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

If a Series 2 happens, I could easily see Alan show up as a figure to compliment the other JSA members we got in Series 1 like Jay and Stargirl. And if Lego really wanted to, they could do a reverse of what they did in Series 1 by having the Golden Age Green Lantern and a Modern Age Flash like New 52 Wally/Wallace West or Impulse.

That would be amazing!

We definitely need a new mould for Batman's ears in 2021. I kind of hope they give him same amount of detail as MCU Spidey - leg pritning and arm printing.

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We definitely need a new mould for Batman's ears in 2021. I kind of hope they give him same amount of detail as MCU Spidey - leg pritning and arm printing.

Why? Leg and arm printing, sure, but only if the Batman suit in the movie actually has that sort of detail. Don’t forget The Lego Batman Movie - they had an insane budget for figures; Robin and Batgirl got dual moulding, new accessories, printing on the sides of Batgirl’s legs and her arms, the works - but Batman was just the same as ever, simply with a hilarious amount of facial variety and the new utility belt piece. Because the most accurate portrayal of Batman was like that, just pure black arms and legs.

Have we seen the suit for the 2021 movie? Because I think LEGO should prioritise accuracy over excess of detail. 

9 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Because the most accurate portrayal of Batman was like that, just pure black arms and legs.

Have we seen the suit for the 2021 movie? Because I think LEGO should prioritise accuracy over excess of detail. 

Most Batsuits have been grey with either blue or black contrast. The suit movie had to be black otherwise the joke wouldn’t work. We’ve seen a glimpse of the new suit, but as it was under a red light the level of darkness was not easy to ascertain.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Why? Leg and arm printing, sure, but only if the Batman suit in the movie actually has that sort of detail. Don’t forget The Lego Batman Movie - they had an insane budget for figures; Robin and Batgirl got dual moulding, new accessories, printing on the sides of Batgirl’s legs and her arms, the works - but Batman was just the same as ever, simply with a hilarious amount of facial variety and the new utility belt piece. Because the most accurate portrayal of Batman was like that, just pure black arms and legs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/2/21/21147436/batman-set-photos-robert-pattinson-costume-motorcycle

As you can see, it is really detailed and requires a new mask mould.

It looks different from previous versions, sure, but not different enough to "require" a new mold. Certainly wouldn't rule out a new mold, but I won't be surprised if they stick with the same cowl as TLBM - nor will I be disappointed. From what little we've seen, it's the cobbled-together look of the suit itself (not to mention the bat emblem that might be made of gun?) that will be the key to making sure a minifig rendition is recognizable as RBattz.

On another note, are we thinking the WW84 set might be revealed this weekend at New York Toy Fair?

Edited by tafkatb

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

It looks different from previous versions, sure, but not different enough to "require" a new mold. Certainly wouldn't rule out a new mold, but I won't be surprised if they stick with the same cowl as TLBM - nor will I be disappointed. From what little we've seen, it's the cobbled-together look of the suit itself (not to mention the bat emblem that might be made of gun?) that will be the key to making sure a minifig rendition is recognizable as RBattz.

Looks quite tight to the head compared to other versions, is it possible they'd give him the Black Panther treatment? 

Batbike from next year's Batman! Love it! New suit from Lego for sure,  cowl, they have done it before! 

Still hopeful we get an exclusive set later in the year! 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh, interesting look, I guess its "DIY" look helps distinguish it from the Nolan Trilogy's repurposed WayneTech approach... :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:...as for that cowl, Lego will likely get by just fine reusing the long-eared "TLBM" cowl, perhaps with a Black eye-band printed underneath representing those goggles.

GettyImages_1202253963.jpg

THIS Batman can turn his head!  The new motorcycle looks pretty bad, though.  It's obviously inspired more by Batman as "World's Greatest Detective" than Batman as "World's Best-Equipped Crime-Fighting Billionaire", but the bat-fairing reminds me too strongly of the motorcycle in the 1966 film without (probably) that film's cheerful camp.  I hope that if Lego releases a motorcycle for this film, it'll just use the standard City motorcycle parts, but it's more likely that any such set would be an oversized monster with no real connection to the film ....