Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

That's also exactly what it looks like in the prelim pictures. 

When are the leakers going to leak them? 

Probably not because they have the names of the shops in the watermarked images. That's why the other leaked images were blurry. 

38 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

When are the leakers going to leak them? 

Too risky. The best thing that leakers do is make an accurate description.

20 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'm hoping this is the wave Lego finally leaves the Rebirth suit in the past and gives us the current Batsuit being used in the comics, considering its been over a year and a half since Batman switched back to my personal favorite Batsuit, the early 2000s Hush Batsuit.

Also, what are the chances of getting a Robin in this wave thats not the Summer 2019 Damian Wayne?

I'm hoping this will finally be the wave we get the updated Hush Batsuit too, how long can they keep reusing either of the Rebirth Batsuit minifigures? Though I'm still wondering why we're getting another red Nightwing. The New 52 color scheme has been outdated for the past 4 years now in the comics, he's been back in blue ever since Rebirth. 

And I know this is a long shot, but it would be amazing if the Robin we get is Tim Drake with his suit from the recent Young Justice comic run. Ever since Damian showed up in the Joker Steamroller set from 2014 it's like Tim vanished from the sets (besides the Black Manta set from 2015 where he was in a scuba suit), even though he was Robin for the first 2 years of DC sets. After that, all we got were either variations of Dick as Robin, New 52 Jason Todd, or more Damian. I know most of us want Red Robin, but Tim's dropped that costume and name for a while now and has taken on a terrible new name and costume recently (search up "Drake"). But his Young Justice suit is a perfectly updated version of his first Robin suit from the 90s which means we could get a new version of the original 2006 Robin torso, maybe with dual molded sleeves this time:

UJyv23z.jpg   

Edited by MisterBatfleck

On 2/9/2020 at 3:43 AM, Robert8 said:

Another Mr Freeze? :oh: 

About Cheetah.. she looks like would need a new hairpiece

Eclipso’s hairpiece would work well, but it does look kind of high up on a minifigure. 

13 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

That's also exactly what it looks like in the prelim pictures. 

It honestly sounds like a pretty decent set, and easily one of the more interesting DC sets we've gotten in the past few years, though that isn't saying much.

4 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And I know this is a long shot, but it would be amazing if the Robin we get is Tim Drake with his suit from the recent Young Justice comic run. Ever since Damian showed up in the Joker Steamroller set from 2014 it's like Tim vanished from the sets (besides the Black Manta set from 2015 where he was in a scuba suit), even though he was Robin for the first 2 years of DC sets. After that, all we got were either variations of Dick as Robin, New 52 Jason Todd, or more Damian. I know most of us want Red Robin, but Tim's dropped that costume and name for a while now and has taken on a terrible new name and costume recently (search up "Drake"). But his Young Justice suit is a perfectly updated version of his first Robin suit from the 90s which means we could get a new version of the original 2006 Robin torso, maybe with dual molded sleeves this time:                                                                              

All we ask from Lego is just a little more variation in their choices with superhero minifigs, since lets face it, the minifigs are like 60% of the reason we buy the sets. Atleast they sort of made up for like 4 years of lame minifigs with a CMF.

Image result for robin dc super villains lego

I mean why should a Red Robin figure as pure and simple as this really be put out of the question.

Heck, I'd even take a Drake minifig at this point, all I want is more variations of characters they already rehash every year or two.

With any luck at all we could get a DC CMF Series 2 to hopefully make up for the lack of non Batman related characters, since according to most people it seems to be selling so well they can't even get their hands on them. This is pure speculation, but I feel like if it follows the same pattern as the Harry Potter or Disney CMFs it will be at most three years for another series.

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

With any luck at all we could get a DC CMF Series 2 to hopefully make up for the lack of non Batman related characters, since according to most people it seems to be selling so well they can't even get their hands on them. This is pure speculation, but I feel like if it follows the same pattern as the Harry Potter or Disney CMFs it will be at most three years for another series.

No, HP S2 is coming this September it has been confirmed by leakers. Which means it was 2 years for HP. So 2022 for DC S2?

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

No, HP S2 is coming this September it has been confirmed by leakers. Which means it was 2 years for HP. So 2022 for DC S2?

Not necessarily, Simpson’s and TLBM got their second series the year after their first one and Disney got its three years later. 

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Not necessarily, Simpson’s and TLBM got their second series the year after their first one and Disney got its three years later. 

Yes and both TLBM and Simpson’s S2 sold very poorly. TLBM S2 was sold one year after because they had to stay relevant to the people’s interest in the film. Simpson’s was one of the first licensed series so Lego didn’t know at the time that S2 would do badly, that’s why every licensed series afterwards has been at least 2 years in between except TLBM for reason above.

I just hope  we have more sets released next year or they surprise us with 1 or 2 exclusives by the end of the year!

As for a second DC CMF series, by all  accounts it does look to be selling  well, and would think they would  release another series the following year. I just hope we get sets when they decide to release another series.

If the mobile bat base set is similar to the ultra agents set, I'm all in! 1000 parts plus DC set is a win! 

Do you think there will be much seen at the toy fair coming up? Anyone?

Edited by Lionbear8

11 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

In all likelihood, there won‘t be anything DC-related since they again will only have 1HY sets on display :sceptic: Ace Kim from fbtb.net recently confirmed this (which is one of the reasons he won‘t be attending this year).

Sure, they‘ve „broken“ that rule both times since they‘ve introduced it (cf. the Great Hall prototype in 2018 and the Jurassic World & Hidden Side sets last year), but A) we don‘t know if they will reveal a 2HY set or theme again this year and B) the chances of it being DC are slim.

Edited by Lego-Freak

14 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

I think the only set we have a chance of seeing is the WW84 set

16 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

As for a second DC CMF series, by all  accounts it does look to be selling  well, and would think they would  release another series the following year.

These things are planned out far enough in advance that the sales of this series won't really have any bearing on whether a second comes out next year. The Simpsons and TLBM only got series in back-to-back years because they were already planned to from the start - whereas it took three years for Disney, which was easily the most popular licensed series at the time, to get a followup. (Not to mention neither Disney nor DC have been tied to any specific release/event like the movies or the 25th-anniversary push the Simpsons got, so they can be more flexible with the timing.)

So, tl;dr: the brisk sales of the DC series almost certainly mean a second series will come, but not necessarily as soon as next year.

1 hour ago, Mountain Drew said:

As long as Series 2 is in the near future (let's say 1-3 years) I'm willing to wait.

If you want a series 3 as well then you better hope it’ll be 2-3 years.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes and both TLBM and Simpson’s S2 sold very poorly. TLBM S2 was sold one year after because they had to stay relevant to the people’s interest in the film. Simpson’s was one of the first licensed series so Lego didn’t know at the time that S2 would do badly, that’s why every licensed series afterwards has been at least 2 years in between except TLBM for reason above.

I think the problem of TLBM2 and Simpsons 2 was the selection of characters, not the release date. The second Simpsons Series included 5 much less popular variants of the family and characters like Frink instead of Skinner. In my opinion the parts selection was weaker, too.

TLBM series 2 was for a lot of people the worst CMF series ever (sounds like the Comic book guy :'D). I played all the Arkham games 100%, watched a lot of Batman movies and read a bunch of comics. So i know more about the theme than most of the average buyers...  But i never heared of a lot of these obscure characters. The part selection was extremely bad except the batman with nude Sixpack Torso, Swimming pants and Dolphin.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I think the problem of TLBM2 and Simpsons 2 was the selection of characters, not the release date. The second Simpsons Series included 5 much less popular variants of the family and characters like Frink instead of Skinner. In my opinion the parts selection was weaker, too.

TLBM series 2 was for a lot of people the worst CMF series ever (sounds like the Comic book guy :'D). I played all the Arkham games 100%, watched a lot of Batman movies and read a bunch of comics. So i know more about the theme than most of the average buyers...  But i never heared of a lot of these obscure characters. The part selection was extremely bad except the batman with nude Sixpack Torso, Swimming pants and Dolphin.

TLBM2 could have been saved by Samurai taking a spot, some of the Batsuits that they used in other media which were screaming to be realised, and one of the Wonder Twins getting the small monkey mould recoloured as Gleek. We could have had 1st app Cyborg as well, replacing some of the more goofy variations of the main cast. It may well have been the germ that led to this series, of course. If it leads to a second series I’m happy. My only request would be more varied villains and more of the out-there characters like Metamorpho and Star Girl.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

TLBM2 could have been saved by Samurai taking a spot, some of the Batsuits that they used in other media which were screaming to be realised, and one of the Wonder Twins getting the small monkey mould recoloured as Gleek. We could have had 1st app Cyborg as well, replacing some of the more goofy variations of the main cast. It may well have been the germ that led to this series, of course. If it leads to a second series I’m happy. My only request would be more varied villains and more of the out-there characters like Metamorpho and Star Girl.

Apparently Warner chose which minfigures for Series 2 which makes no sense, it should be LEGO designers choosing. Yes MORE BAT SUITS PLEASE.

I think they chose for series 1 too.

I don't know if anyone brought this up yet but a satellite is seen in the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer and I'm assuming that is what the set is going to be based off of due to the description. (Large satellite that has a rectangular curved dish seen at 1:07) hopefully she has the gold armor

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

I don't know if anyone brought this up yet but a satellite is seen in the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer and I'm assuming that is what the set is going to be based off of due to the description. (Large satellite that has a rectangular curved dish seen at 1:07) hopefully she has the gold armor

That has already been brought up when the set details went online :wink:

25 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

New Bat suit for 2020 movie revealed! 

What are you talking about?

Oh you meant the 2021 movie.

The Bat-Suit looks darn tootin’ good. I wanna see if those ears are short or long on the cowl now. Great design choices so far I say.

https://screenrant.com/batman-robert-pattinson-costume-bat-suit-reveal-video/

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

What are you talking about?

Oh you meant the 2021 movie.

The Bat-Suit looks darn tootin’ good. I wanna see if those ears are short or long on the cowl now. Great design choices so far I say.

https://screenrant.com/batman-robert-pattinson-costume-bat-suit-reveal-video/

spot on!

Hoping for at least 3 sets next year!

I want a movie Batcave!

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

spot on!

Hoping for at least 3 sets next year!

I want a movie Batcave!

Isn't the movie going to be rated r or am I just misremembering things? Because if that's the case I think the closest we'll get to movie sets are the comic tie-ins we've been getting for the last few years