Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Marvel fans are getting sets March, June, August and October. So pretty much non stop and yet they complain they are hard done to. We’re getting 4 sets, 2 of which are comic based and 1 juniors. Only 1 of which interests me. Marvel fans need to wake up and be grateful. I’d take venom crawler and venom lizard mech thing any day (if they were high on my priorities).

Marvel fans complain about a lack of quality in sets and design (and the ridiculous amount of revamps, reskins and just copied builds). Literally nobody has complained about a lack of sets...

Personally I think the Cheetah design looks pretty cool - and pretty close to what I was expecting her to look like anyway.

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Descriptions of the DC sets, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

• 76157 WW84: satellite dish, Wonder Woman, Cheetah
  • 76158: Penguin with duck & Batman with boat, 4+ probably
  • 76159: Jokers Trike Chase: Joker, Harley, Batsy, Robin
  • 76160: Mobile Bat base: Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Man-Bat, Mr Freeze, Bronze Tiger

Hmmm, well, I guess I'm most interested to see what a new non-TLBM Batgirl figure will look like in this Mobile Batcave set. I'm particularly wondering if she'll don the 2014 cowl & hairpiece or if they'll just recolor TLBM Batgirl's ponytail & cowl. 

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, well, I guess I'm most interested to see what a new non-TLBM Batgirl figure will look like in this Mobile Batcave set. I'm particularly wondering if she'll don the 2014 cowl & hairpiece or if they'll just recolor TLBM Batgirl's ponytail & cowl. 

I'm guessing it will be the 2014 cowl. None of the other Batman characters are using their parts from TLBM and comic Batgirl normally has her hair loose under the cowl like the original mold, not tied in a ponytail.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Marvel fans are getting sets March, June, August and October. So pretty much non stop and yet they complain they are hard done to. We’re getting 4 sets, 2 of which are comic based and 1 juniors. Only 1 of which interests me. Marvel fans need to wake up and be grateful. I’d take venom crawler and venom lizard mech thing any day (if they were high on my priorities).

I agree! However we did get a CMF series which pretty much crashed all of Marvels minifiguare set releases for the first half, and we still did get a D2C last year. 

I'm still hopeful we might get one  more set (shop exclusive) the small set turns out not to be an 4 plus set. 

Next Year, will be interesting! 

The Batman come out. 

9 minutes ago, wesker said:

I'm guessing it will be the 2014 cowl. None of the other Batman characters are using their parts from TLBM and comic Batgirl normally has her hair loose under the cowl like the original mold, not tied in a ponytail.

Doesn't the latest Catwoman use a recolor of the TLBM mask?

32 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Personally I think the Cheetah design looks pretty cool - and pretty close to what I was expecting her to look like anyway.

I agree. Design is cool. I just wonder why there is not 2 or 3 sets, FFS Tolls got how many sets lol. 

23 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Doesn't the latest Catwoman use a recolor of the TLBM mask?

Yes, and Joker also reused his TLBM hair in a Mighty Micros set.

Another Mr Freeze? :oh: 

About Cheetah.. she looks like would need a new hairpiece

3 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Please ignore tag tafkatb.

Did anyone listen to ash n flash video on you tube? The trike set might have a bat truck, something bigger than the Batmobile! 

And one more set TBC could be Batman related.

Still upset of the lack of DC sets thus far! 

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Lionbear8 something like this? I’ve always felt that a more subtle and nuanced approach to crime fighting was necessary :laugh:

Lol. I sure hope so! 

The new sets sound okay. I’m excited to see the WW84 one but disappointed to hear it’s only two minifigures- for $40 I’d expect three or even four. The new Bat Family figures sound cool and I hope the 2014 Batgirl cowl returns since I love that piece! LEGO always does mobile bases pretty well so I think that build will still be interesting. Hopefully the Harley and Joker figures are new- I’d love a Harley based off of her Birds of Prey look but I’m guessing that won’t happen. 

It will be interesting to see what Lego do to a satellite dish to increase its "playability" in the WW84 set. Unless it's a tiny dish and most of the set is the surrounding walls / environment? And it's a shame the set doesn't include Steve Trevor too.

21 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I agree! However we did get a CMF series which pretty much crashed all of Marvels minifiguare set releases for the first half, and we still did get a D2C last year. 

I'm still hopeful we might get one  more set (shop exclusive) the small set turns out not to be an 4 plus set. 

Next Year, will be interesting! 

The Batman come out. 

Yes I agree, hopefully we get that one more set!

I doubt we'll see the 2014 cowl again, or any cowl. It seems that the look DC wants toy manufacturers to use is her current Rebirth look. At most we might get a new hair piece, but idk if Lego would see that as worth it, when they could probably get away with using a preexisting element. 

It's a pity Lego totally skipped the Burnside look, though (that's probably my favorite look she's had).

On 2/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The new sets sound okay. I’m excited to see the WW84 one but disappointed to hear it’s only two minifigures- for $40 I’d expect three or even four. The new Bat Family figures sound cool and I hope the 2014 Batgirl cowl returns since I love that piece! LEGO always does mobile bases pretty well so I think that build will still be interesting. Hopefully the Harley and Joker figures are new- I’d love a Harley based off of her Birds of Prey look but I’m guessing that won’t happen. 

Well in 2016 when Suicide Squad came out, Lego made Batman sets including (some first timers) Harley, Deadshot, Croc, Boomerang and Katana. Even if we don't get a lot of Batman sets this year (nothing is set in stone right now) hopefully if nothing else the Harley minifigure will be new. Last years Arkham Harley had a new face/hair design so maybe that'll be used on this years minifigure.

22 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I doubt we'll see the 2014 cowl again, or any cowl. It seems that the look DC wants toy manufacturers to use is her current Rebirth look. At most we might get a new hair piece, but idk if Lego would see that as worth it, when they could probably get away with using a preexisting element. 

It's a pity Lego totally skipped the Burnside look, though (that's probably my favorite look she's had).

Given the amount of minifigures that came with sets between 2018-19 and how many of them are based (not just off comic book designs) on the way they were designed for Lego DC Super villains, the Burnside Batgirl design could be Lego's next upgrade/variant. Most of the Justice League/Injustice League/Batman rogues between 2018-19 are based on DC Rebirth or some more modern design.

I'm imaging the Mobile Bat base to be something of a cross of the 70917 Ultimate Batmobile and the 70165 Ultra Agents Mission HQ, although considering the disappointments of the past maybe I'm setting my expectations too high for DC.

70165-1.png

Oh well, I'm actually happy we're getting Bronze Tiger and some long overdue redesigns of Batgirl and Nightwing, and I'm hoping this is the wave Lego finally leaves the Rebirth suit in the past and gives us the current Batsuit being used in the comics, considering its been over a year and a half since Batman switched back to my personal favorite Batsuit, the early 2000s Hush Batsuit.

Also, what are the chances of getting a Robin in this wave thats not the Summer 2019 Damian Wayne?

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'm imaging the Mobile Bat base to be something of a cross of the 70917 Ultimate Batmobile and the 70165 Ultra Agents Mission HQ, although considering the disappointments of the past maybe I'm setting my expectations too high for DC.

That's exactly what I imagine this set to be. Just a huge, black truck with front being somewhat bat-shaped. With the inside having a bat computer, a jail and probably place for a batmobile which could drive in from the back. I assume an area for Batman to change back into Bruce Wayne would be out of the question as he would never use it since a lot of bells would start ringing when Mr Wayne walks out of Batman's base.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:30 PM, tafkatb said:

Right? She looks fantastic, imho. It's very reminiscent of her appearance in the Perez issues where she debuted. I'm not at all a fan of her current look in the comics, so a bit of a throwback is a nice touch. The slicked hair is just pure 80s fromage that adds that extra kick to the look!