Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Descriptions of the DC sets, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

- 76157 WW84: satellite dish, Wonder Woman, Cheetah

- 76158: Penguin with duck & Batman with boat, 4+ probably

- 76159: Jokers Trike Chase: Joker, Harley, Batsy, Robin

- 76160: Mobile Bat base: Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Man-Bat, Mr Freeze, Bronze Tiger

Yay, even more unappealing sets I don't want or need. Only some of the Mobile Bat Base figures sound interesting to me, mostly Bronze Tiger. Yet another disappointing wave for DC

I hope that the Robin we will be getting will turn out to be Red Robin instead. Also a bit strange in my opinion that they would include a red Nightwing as opposed to a blue one given that we already had a red one that was perfect and recently he went back to blue in the comics.

I hope that first sets turns out not to be a 4 plus! 

I'll take a small batwater vehicle, to add to my Batcave! 

2nd set, it seems the Batmobile may fit 2 passengers? Maybe 8 sides stud like the new speed racers

3rd set sounds very interesting, variety of vehicles making up a mobile base. 

I hope we do get a 4th, as 76161 is still available, going off previous years it could be a possibility!

18 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I hope that the Robin we will be getting will turn out to be Red Robin instead. Also a bit strange in my opinion that they would include a red Nightwing as opposed to a blue one given that we already had a red one that was perfect and recently he went back to blue in the comics.

Does Lego have left over minifiguare stored away? Be funny if it's the exact same design as the set released in 2014. 

Also hoping we get some bat variants, as it's expected every year!

Glad we're getting a new Batgirl (assuming she hasn't been confused with Batwoman) and at least one new character with Bronze Tiger. Other than that the sets themselves sound pretty underwhelming.

24 minutes ago, wesker said:

Glad we're getting a new Batgirl (assuming she hasn't been confused with Batwoman) [...]

I sure hope so. The Batwoman minifig is awesome, but we’ve seen her in two recent sets whereas Batgirl hasn’t shown up in non-TLBM sets since her first appearance in 2014, so she’s long overdue :classic: Personally, I hope they reuse her TLBM cowl mould in black which looks way better than the 2014 mould, at least in my opinion :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I will say this every time they say another Harley figure is coming out: I hope this Harley uses the cheerleader hair piece but is half red and black! 

But its probably going to be another half pink half blue fig.

A big satellite dish build sounds like it could be interesting, if we're talking big enough to be brick-built and not just like a 10x10 dish piece or something. Also adds more fuel to the theories that WW84 will involve Brother Eye. I hope the Wonder Woman minifig has the golden eagle armor!

ETA: Going back and watching the trailer again, there's a very prominent shot of a huge satellite dish around the 1:07 mark that is probably the basis for the set - though it'll definitely have to be scaled down a bit.

Edited by tafkatb

Wonder Woman set sounds like too little for 40€, a radar build and just two minifigures? The release date is incorrect, it's an April set. I also think it's 35€. It still might look cool tho.

Penguin set sounds cool, but it's 4+, so I don't expect good builds. A new Penguin could be cool.

The Joker set sounds good, great minifigures. I also hope the builds are decent enough - if they are, I might consider buying it.

Mobile Base also sounds cool, the vehicle might turn out to be looking good. I like the sound of new Batgirl and a new Nightwing.

Looks like an interesting wave, the Mobile Bat Base sounds pretty cool. Good to see the Penguin again, I do like the TLBM design but it'll be nice to hopefully have a normal version.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Descriptions of the DC sets, courtesy of promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-mavel-dc-spielwarenmesse/94175/

- 76157 WW84: satellite dish, Wonder Woman, Cheetah

- 76158: Penguin with duck & Batman with boat, 4+ probably

- 76159: Jokers Trike Chase: Joker, Harley, Batsy, Robin

- 76160: Mobile Bat base: Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, Man-Bat, Mr Freeze, Bronze Tiger

Pretty intersting news! 

76157 - It's not a plane!!! I can't beleive it. Satellite dish is big win for me!

76158 - Don't expect much.

76159 - Somewhere in IG, someone say, that it comes with new batmobile - one more to the collection is always welcome.

&6160 - Defenitly I wanna see this set asap. There can be a lot of cool new figures and build.

P.P. And the most important, I never see "mech"!!! I don't like the once in Marvel wave, so I hope we don't get such in DC :) 

Edited by Stormfury

24 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

76159 - Somewhere in IG, someone say, that it comes with new batmobile - one more to the collection is always welcome.

Not on IG - Promobricks itself says that there will be a new Batmobile in this set.

Hmm...

Pink and yellow hammer for Harley?? Those are her Birds of Prey colors, right? What are the chances we are getting a BoP minifigure? After all no one knew the movie was meant to be rated R until very recently. 

They did it with SQ Harley so...

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm...

Pink and yellow hammer for Harley?? Those are her Birds of Prey colors, right? What are the chances we are getting a BoP minifigure? After all no one knew the movie was meant to be rated R until very recently. 

They did it with SQ Harley so...

But SQ Harley came in a 16+ set

Every time LEGO release a character like Bronze Tiger I do at least feel one small step closer to that Creeper figure I really want them to release.  Come on LEGO!!! (Please?)

Well at least the Wonder Woman set isn’t a carbon copy of its predecessor. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get that one as well.

Unless Bats has a much improved stellar scuba suit then that set will be bottom of the list.

Another Joker and Batmobile set. Again there’s got to be a significant redesign of Joker. 

Mobile Batcave thing sounds good, hopefully with updated Batgirl (domino mask anyone?). Bronze Tiger? Brings the Squad numbers up.

Come to think of it I’d like to see the claw piece that appeared in the LB games for Bronze Tiger, maybe even Cheetah. And as they deliberately dipped out last time, a Man-Bat that looks like he could actually fly.

Do you think we can see atleast the WW84 set at the NYTF? I'm so excited, that we are getting a location set, instead of a plane :) 

Just now, Stormfury said:

Do you think we can see atleast the WW84 set at the NYTF? I'm so excited, that we are getting a location set, instead of a plane :) 

Since it was apparently present at the Nuremberg toy fair (given that the descriptions come from that event) and that official merchandise for the movie apparently has started to leak I would consider the odds of it either being present or Lego officially unveiling it soon being pretty good.

The WW84 set is going to be an easy skip for me. Besides not caring about the DCEU movies Cheetah's movie design that just leaked just looks awfull imo

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The WW84 set is going to be an easy skip for me. Besides not caring about the DCEU movies Cheetah's movie design that just leaked just looks awfull imo

When the trailer came out, and we got those four character posters I really liked how Cheetah (more like Barbara) looked - not an actual cheetah, she just had some really cool clothes and I liked it a lot. After seeing leaked promo... it's really bad. Honestly, I don't care about this set anymore. 

Big satellite build sounds boring to me... hope that it’s Brother Eye. 

Hope Harley is in BOP costume... and I want Black Mask...

Marvel fans are getting sets March, June, August and October. So pretty much non stop and yet they complain they are hard done to. We’re getting 4 sets, 2 of which are comic based and 1 juniors. Only 1 of which interests me. Marvel fans need to wake up and be grateful. I’d take venom crawler and venom lizard mech thing any day (if they were high on my priorities).