Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Don't get your hopes up, they've revealed pretty much nothing at the Toy Fairs for the last few years

Actually last year Zusammengebaut revealed the set names and prices at the Nuremberg Toy Fair so I am expecting something similar now as well. And then set descriptions from the New York Toy Fair.

1 hour ago, Shahennian said:

Falconfan being his usual cryptic self (ugh) just said in his IG story : "I feel sorry for fans of the DC Lego theme"

I hope the upcoming disappointing LEGO DC products don’t sell poorly and impact the theme!

By the way, how is the LEGO DC Comics CMF selling?

Just now, MatthewRC said:

I hope the upcoming disappointing LEGO DC products don’t sell poorly and impact the theme!

By the way, how is the LEGO DC Comics CMF selling?

As far as I know the CMF is selling very well, the current selection of sets.... not so much 

19 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Actually last year Zusammengebaut revealed the set names and prices at the Nuremberg Toy Fair so I am expecting something similar now as well. And then set descriptions from the New York Toy Fair.

Yeah NYTF is usually the best one to get descriptions and potential pictures even though you’re not supposed to take any.

This last DC wave was awful imo except for Mr. Freeze’s head and Catwoman, so I can’t imagine how bad this next wave will be.

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As far as I know the CMF is selling very well, the current selection of sets.... not so much 

Well, I'm glad the DC CMF is selling successfully (looking forward to a potential DC Series 2), but I feel sorry for the playsets.

I hope LEGO can find a way to improve DC playsets' sales.

To be honest i don´t get why AFOLs are still buying DC Sets. Except for catwoman, Firefly and Shazam there have been better variants of every character before and the few cool new things (like these figures or the wheels of the new Batmobil) can be purchased on bricklink for a few bucks.

I hope for Mad hatter, Hush and Azrael to appear in minifigure form. Then i´ll have one great version of the batmobil and every Gotham character i really like.

47 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

I hope LEGO can find a way to improve DC playsets' sales.

That shouldn't be hard, the only thing they have to do in order to achieve higher sales is realise DC has more characters than just Batman. 

Besides that they should add more variation in the builds by giving us either completely different vehicles or location sets. There are so many varying possibilities they just blatantly ignore like the Daily Planet, the Watchtower, the Hall of Justice, S.T.A.R. Labs or even some weird ones like Gorilla City (I really want LDCSV's Grodd).

It all comes down to one thing: people are sick of not getting anything other than Batman

EDIT: the months following the release of LEGO DC Super Villains would've been fantastic to release some sets based on the game's story. The above mentioned Gorilla City, LexCorp, Themyscira, Gotham Belltower etc.

Edited by Guyon2002

22 hours ago, dario2739 said:

I suggested the same on an Instagram thread when they came out... would be great so I could make a MOC Comic Shop

Yep, I said as much in my video. It would be a complete no-brainer. I loved finding the Blaze Comics store in LEGO DC Super Villains and seeing all the LEGO'fied comic covers. Just need some more real life printed tiles now!

3 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I'm suspecting there not being many DC Super Heroes sets and the ones that are are probably mostly Batman focused. For me personally this isn't a big deal as I mostly collect Batman stuff anyway but I can imagine for general DC lovers that this will be very disappointing. Still we'll know more in a few days I suspect given that Nuremberg toy fair is right around the corner.

Likewise, it looks to be between 4 to 7 releases. And those comments point to it been Batman centered,  which i don't have a problem with.  As long as they introduce new vehicles, new batsuit designs and villian. 

As for the current DC sets. I thought they were cool and sales   here in Australia show people still love Batman. 

The cmf series is selling well, we  have an UCS out, and next year a new Batman film. 

Lets hope we get some set names at the upcoming toy fair. 

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Likewise, it looks to be between 4 to 7 releases. And those comments point to it been Batman centered,  which i don't have a problem with.  As long as they introduce new vehicles, new batsuit designs and villian. 

As for the current DC sets. I thought they were cool and sales   here in Australia show people still love Batman. 

The cmf series is selling well, we  have an UCS out, and next year a new Batman film. 

Lets hope we get some set names at the upcoming toy fair. 

Are you include the wonder women set in this?

I agree that the focus should shift somewhat away from Batman, but if they don't there's still plenty of ideas.

-Batman Beyond (mini line, with a couple of those iconic baddies like Ten, Blight, Jokerz, Splicers etc.) or the Wayne Limo with Terry, Bruce and Ace.

-Solid Rooftop, with Gordon, Bullock, Harvey Dent (with an extra head), Batman

-Knightfall (Azbats, and a Bane vs. Batman playset)

-50's inspired Batman sets, with those goofy oversized props. Imagine a Dick Sprank Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Robin. 50's Batmobile.

For a JL set: a big brickbuilt STARRO vs. a couple of big hitters.

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is it among one of the "disappointing" sets you're speaking of? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it among one of the "disappointing" sets you're speaking of? :shrug_confused:

Never called the sets disappointing

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Never called the sets disappointing

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to attribute that description to you... :sad: ...but, in what way do you feel "sorry" for fans? :shrug_confused:

As long as there’s someone/something new in the lineup. There’s got to be some incentive for longtime fans to want them.

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looking at all the hints that have been dropped, I'll say yes!

If we get more great, if we get less so be it!

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That shouldn't be hard, the only thing they have to do in order to achieve higher sales is realise DC has more characters than just Batman. 

Besides that they should add more variation in the builds by giving us either completely different vehicles or location sets. There are so many varying possibilities they just blatantly ignore like the Daily Planet, the Watchtower, the Hall of Justice, S.T.A.R. Labs or even some weird ones like Gorilla City (I really want LDCSV's Grodd).

It all comes down to one thing: people are sick of not getting anything other than Batman

EDIT: the months following the release of LEGO DC Super Villains would've been fantastic to release some sets based on the game's story. The above mentioned Gorilla City, LexCorp, Themyscira, Gotham Belltower etc.

Which is why I honestly feel that the DC Superhero Girls line was absolutely the best DC line Lego has ever done. It gave us a Lexcorp warehouse, the school (a decent placeholder for the Hall of Justice), and even Eclipso's castle. It filled a nice little niche in the otherwise overly Bat-centric line, offering up exotic locales to place all of your DC minifigs in. Unfortunately, the dismal sales of the line don't bode all that well for more of this.

This year is off to a brilliant start, imho. Sixteen new minifigs without having to purchse another Bat-mech/sub/plane/whatever, and a new Wonder Woman set on the way? It's already a far better year than last (excluding, of course, the amazing 89 Batmobile!) by a long shot. If they release nothing else all year, this will still be infinitely better than last year's pile of steaming rubbish. If something amazing pops up down the pipe, it's pure gravy at this point. :)

3 hours ago, klinton said:

Which is why I honestly feel that the DC Superhero Girls line was absolutely the best DC line Lego has ever done. It gave us a Lexcorp warehouse, the school (a decent placeholder for the Hall of Justice), and even Eclipso's castle. It filled a nice little niche in the otherwise overly Bat-centric line, offering up exotic locales to place all of your DC minifigs in. Unfortunately, the dismal sales of the line don't bode all that well for more of this.

While I personally wasn't a fan of the theme I completely agree. If they go in that direct but make the style less feminine and more like it's ripped straight out of a comicbook it's pretty much perfect. As I said the style of the sets wasn't for me but I really liked how that subtheme came with a variety of completely different buildings (some even civilian) and they didn't shove in a crappy vehicle in every single set. 

I agree with both of these comments, and all I can think is, "Hey LEGO group read this page. You don't need to buy another AFOL site if you read these forums. Hey LEGO, are you there??? Yooooohhoooooooooo, LEGO, where are you????".

I am far less likely to buy a set if it has another bat vehicle in it, in fact I'll only drop the cash if it has previously unreleased minifigures I want. Give me a decent SHG style set in the DC/Batman range and I'll happily drop a couple of hundred on it, but I bought hardly any DC sets last year because I already have too many rinse-and-repeat vehicle sets.

1 hour ago, ApocSlay said:

I agree with both of these comments, and all I can think is, "Hey LEGO group read this page. You don't need to buy another AFOL site if you read these forums. Hey LEGO, are you there??? Yooooohhoooooooooo, LEGO, where are you????".

The thing is, we AFOLS are only a tiny portion of lego's total amount of customers

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The thing is, we AFOLS are only a tiny portion of lego's total amount of customers

That's something that has me curious. As much as I would love to get sets from characters other than Batman, I don't know if the Justice League sets from 2015 and 2018 sold well enough to convince Lego to vary their DC superheroes line with other characters that aren't directly Batman affiliated. Actually, has Lego ever experimented outside of film-based sets or team-ups with a prominent Batman presence?

6 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

That's something that has me curious. As much as I would love to get sets from characters other than Batman, I don't know if the Justice League sets from 2015 and 2018 sold well enough to convince Lego to vary their DC superheroes line with other characters that aren't directly Batman affiliated. Actually, has Lego ever experimented outside of film-based sets or team-ups with a prominent Batman presence?

The Justice League sets from 2015 weren't really JL sets though, more like ''BATMAN!!! (...oh and some of the Justice League members too)''. Out of the 7 sets released in 2015 only 2 didn't have anything to do with Batman.

The 2018 Justice League wave was a little less Batman centric but was mostly made up of slight variations on builds we've gotten multiple times before. It's starting to look like every wave nowadays has an oversized bike, a mech, a helicopter and some throwaway builds.

In my opinion they should just take let's say 2 JL members every year and release sets based on them as opposed to Batman, Batman and Batman

Edited by Guyon2002

Any chance we could get a set based on Birds of Prey movie or even a comic version like sets that they did with Suicide Squad?

47 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Any chance we could get a set based on Birds of Prey movie or even a comic version like sets that they did with Suicide Squad?

Doubt it, for that to happen it’ll have to be released before the film even if it’s a set inspired by those characters. We aren’t getting any sets until Summer for DC.

39 minutes ago, mgetz said:

Given what we know of the movie I am pretty confident Lego won't be adapting any designs from the film itself that being said I can see them throwing in some important characters from the movie in the sets. We already have Huntress in the CMF so I'd say we might see a Black Mask or Black Canary in order to tie into the movie.