Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Has anyone got to the bottom of why some figures come in a bag in a bag? Having gone through most of the series there doesn’t seem to be rhyme nor reason for it, likewise who gets one posing stand and who gets two.

It’s when capes are involved plus Wonder Woman.

18 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I've finally managed to pick up all the CMFs except four: Bat-Mite, Huntress, Sinestro (who is being a real pain in the foot to feel for vs Simon), and Bumblebee. Anyone have any tips for finding Sinestro (i.e. where in the box his bags tend to be, feeling his hair, etc.)?

I don’t want to sound arrogant but I didn’t need luck at all. Feel for the round 1x1 and feel for hair similarish to the joker’s. If you can’t feel it, then push all the pieces to the bottom half of the bag and make your way from one side to the other side feeling all the pieces, if you still can’t feel hair then you’ve got Mr Baz.

Edited by J4ck

3 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Would love to know what people think of this idea. I think that it really could have improved the DC minifigures series!

I love this idea.

However, £3.49 is a good price, people keep complaining about it but there really isn’t any need to. When the series first launched in 2010, they were £1.99, the minifigure with the highest piece count had 7 pieces. In this DC series the minfigure with the lowest piece count has 7 pieces. Back in series 1, they had no back printing, arm printing, side leg printing, no alternate face, no dual moulded legs and less moulds made. You can’t expect the quality to improve drastically and there be no price increase. I am 100% happy with the price increase.

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Has anyone got to the bottom of why some figures come in a bag in a bag? Having gone through most of the series there doesn’t seem to be rhyme nor reason for it, likewise who gets one posing stand and who gets two.

Regarding the forthcoming set, are Lego really going to be that dull and make a Wonder Woman set with her, Steve Trevor, a villain and a plane? I mean it seems likely but I really wish it wasn’t, unless there’s some ironic retrospective nod to borderline cloning themselves.

The figures who don’t come in a plastic bag in the packet come with two posing stands. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The figures who don’t come in a plastic bag in the packet come with two posing stands. 

Not sure I consider this a fair trade.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I love this idea.

However, £3.49 is a good price, people keep complaining about it but there really isn’t any need to. When the series first launched in 2010, they were £1.99, the minifigure with the highest piece count had 7 pieces. In this DC series the minfigure with the lowest piece count has 7 pieces. Back in series 1, they had no back printing, arm printing, side leg printing, no alternate face, no dual moulded legs and less moulds made. You can’t expect the quality to improve drastically and there be no price increase. I am 100% happy with the price increase.

Maybe the price isn't that bad in comparison to the first CMF series but this latest price increase was just weird and stupid. They upped the price in a lot of countries (luckily not mine) while nothing about the amount of pieces or quality changed enough to actually explain that increase, that's why people are mad about it

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I love this idea.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe the price isn't that bad in comparison to the first CMF series but this latest price increase was just weird and stupid. They upped the price in a lot of countries (luckily not mine) while nothing about the amount of pieces or quality changed enough to actually explain that increase, that's why people are mad about it

Thanks @J4ck! Glad you like the idea. I do agree with @Guyon2002 though. This price increase seems to be unjustified. Yeah, we have those new pieces that allow the minifigures to be posed differently. But that doesn't maych the price increase and the minifigures themselves are lacking in terms of development compared to previous series'. I don't think I've ever seen a series that reused so many existing pieces and prints before!

9 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Would love to know what people think of this idea. I think that it really could have improved the DC minifigures series!

Thats a really cool idea! 

If the series sells well you could hope for in series 2 they increase the comic printed tiles.

Hey, they might do a star wars ideas vote. but instead of choosing which UCS set you want here's a list of 50 DC characters vote for your favourite 16 and the catch, pick an accessory! 

38 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Hey, they might do a star wars ideas vote. but instead of choosing which UCS set you want here's a list of 50 DC characters vote for your favourite 16 and the catch, pick an accessory! 

They'll never do that. A UCS set is targeted to LEGO and Star Wars fans specifically so it makes sense to let them have a say in which vehicle gets adapted next. A minfigure series is targeted to literally every consumer they can possibly get because of it's nature: it's a small, relatively cheap figure and a nice way to get a small gift for a kid

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They'll never do that. A UCS set is targeted to LEGO and Star Wars fans specifically so it makes sense to let them have a say in which vehicle gets adapted next. A minfigure series is targeted to literally every consumer they can possibly get because of it's nature: it's a small, relatively cheap figure and a nice way to get a small gift for a kid

Yeah i know! But i can dream lol just like about getting an UCS hall of justice or watchtower, as Lego seem to love Space atm.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

For all we know their profit margin could have been a too fine a line the last how ever many series. We simply don’t have enough data.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:30 PM, BaneShake said:

I've finally managed to pick up all the CMFs except four: Bat-Mite, Huntress, Sinestro (who is being a real pain in the foot to feel for vs Simon), and Bumblebee. Anyone have any tips for finding Sinestro (i.e. where in the box his bags tend to be, feeling his hair, etc.)?

I’ve struggled with Sinestro too. But today found a ‘new’ box fresh on a shelf and found him in the front of two of the rows ... so it might be that he’s just quick to disappear by people picking a random pack 

4 hours ago, retrotaco said:

So now that we have 90's Aquaman...does anyone know of any hairpieces that work well for Superman's 90's mullet? :innocent:

Luke Skywalker/Sirius Black hair, though you'll have to wait for a recolor :wink:

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Luke Skywalker/Sirius Black hair, though you'll have to wait for a recolor :wink:

Or do the unthinkable and paint it?

On 1/23/2020 at 9:51 AM, Cut the Kragle said:

I suggested the same on an Instagram thread when they came out... would be great so I could make a MOC Comic Shop

1 hour ago, dario2739 said:

I suggested the same on an Instagram thread when they came out... would be great so I could make a MOC Comic Shop

That would be amazing!

Am I the only one who gets kinda annoyed when the same video appears 3 times on a single page? Clicking backspace to remove it isn't that hard right? At least in my opinion it's not.

Though I should probably just ignore it and go back to topic :tongue:

Uk folks - Dunno if it’s a country wide thing but found WHSmith selling CMF at £3.99 each and a three for two offer

- works out at £2.66 each 

Falconfan being his usual cryptic self (ugh) just said in his IG story : "I feel sorry for fans of the DC Lego theme"

Edited by Shahennian

24 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

Falconfan being his usual cryptic self (ugh) just said in his IG story : "I feel sorry for fans of the DC Lego theme"

Probably because most of the upcoming unknown Superheroes sets will be based on Marvel instead? :shrug_confused: Didn’t we know that already though?

I'm suspecting there not being many DC Super Heroes sets and the ones that are are probably mostly Batman focused. For me personally this isn't a big deal as I mostly collect Batman stuff anyway but I can imagine for general DC lovers that this will be very disappointing. Still we'll know more in a few days I suspect given that Nuremberg toy fair is right around the corner.

Honestly, I don’t mind all the Batman product as long as they keep sneaking in other DC characters, like they did with Shazam and Blue Beetle. Although, a wave NOT Bat-centric would be preferable, I’m just thankful that we are getting any sets at all. I’ll take what I can get.

58 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

I see Paul Seeley highlighting @Falconfan1414's post within an IG story of his own adding that...

"Upcoming stuff won't be that good."

FalconFans message probably means there are only a few sets and most of them are just disappointing repeats of things we've gotten before. Which honestly isn't suprising. 

As long as the figures are decent I won't complain much, I only buy the DC sets for the figures anyway and there are a lot of other great sets coming out from different themes!

14 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Still we'll know more in a few days I suspect given that Nuremberg toy fair is right around the corner.

Don't get your hopes up, they've revealed pretty much nothing at the Toy Fairs for the last few years

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I see Paul Seeley highlighting @Falconfan1414's post within an IG story of his own adding that...

''Not that good'' describes most of the Superhero sets for the last few years imo (both DC and Marvel)