Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I don't want to be annoying, but could someone who owns the figures tell me if the blue on the lantern villain with purple face is the same used for the nightwing from the dvd-polybag a few years ago? I'd like to upgrade my knightwing with arm prints  :)

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I don't want to be annoying, but could someone who owns the figures tell me if the blue on the lantern villain with purple face is the same used for the nightwing from the dvd-polybag a few years ago? I'd like to upgrade my knightwing with arm prints  :)

Bricklink puts both Nightwing and Sinestro as having Blue ie no.7, neither being prefixed with azure or medium, etc. They look the same, I’d be happy.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Bricklink puts both Nightwing and Sinestro as having Blue ie no.7, neither being prefixed with azure or medium, etc. They look the same, I’d be happy.

Thank you very much! :)

Just now, Gorilla94 said:

Thank you very much! :)

I'm afraid to be the bringer of bad news, but Sinestro is regular blue, but the 2016 Nightwing is definitely an azure colour 

20 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm afraid to be the bringer of bad news, but Sinestro is regular blue, but the 2016 Nightwing is definitely an azure colour 

It looks that way online, but without going into the attic to get Nightwing I couldn’t comment on the physical comparison. Maybe I should pop up...

...or look in the right place:wall: hold fire on the arm-popping @Gorilla94, @Duncan Young is right, Nightwing v3 is lighter blue. I suspect it would work with Nightwing v1. Apologies.

Edited by RedHoodPug

Where's the best place to get a complete set if I don't want to go and feel for all of them?  Should I check ebay or is there another site that's even better?

Also, any word on what other CMFs are coming out in the first half of 2020?  (e.g. Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.)

55 minutes ago, gundamz said:

Where's the best place to get a complete set if I don't want to go and feel for all of them?  Should I check ebay or is there another site that's even better?

Also, any word on what other CMFs are coming out in the first half of 2020?  (e.g. Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.)

Series 20 And Harry Potter series 2

I guess eBay doesn't rip you off all the time after all. After going through a few different sellers I managed to find someone that was willing to sell me an unopened case of 60 figures for $235 Canadian. The shipping is going to bump up that price significantly, but at least I didn't have to pay $300 for it if I went to a store to get it.

If it is and they put some effort into the jet, I’ll be happy. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a DC vehicle not related to Batman that was any cop. The Javelin remains one of my favourites. And if the Cheetah render is good I’ll be doubly happy.

Not that I'm expecting much, but a £40 set sounds like we could hopefully get 4 figures; Wonder Woman, Cheetah, Maxwell Lord and Steve Trevor

15 hours ago, Stormfury said:

Wanna bet, what will be the WW84 set? I'm all in on the jet. :) 

Fingers crossed! If so, I hope that it can seat both Diana and Steve.

12 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Not that I'm expecting much, but a £40 set sounds like we could hopefully get 4 figures; Wonder Woman, Cheetah, Maxwell Lord and Steve Trevor

$40 not £40. So probably £35.

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think that the chance to get 4 figures is small. Most likely we will get 3. The question is which one will be 3rd one :) 

12 minutes ago, Stormfury said:

I think that the chance to get 4 figures is small. Most likely we will get 3. The question is which one will be 3rd one :) 

Random civilian to the rescue! :laugh: Seriously though, I hope it‘s Maxwell Lord since we already have a version of Steve (and I want a face for the Mando!). But knowing TLG, a ‚two heroes vs one villain‘ type of set is more common than one of the ‚one hero vs two villains‘ variety, so Steve is more likely :sceptic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I've finally managed to pick up all the CMFs except four: Bat-Mite, Huntress, Sinestro (who is being a real pain in the foot to feel for vs Simon), and Bumblebee. Anyone have any tips for finding Sinestro (i.e. where in the box his bags tend to be, feeling his hair, etc.)?

3 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I've finally managed to pick up all the CMFs except four: Bat-Mite, Huntress, Sinestro (who is being a real pain in the foot to feel for vs Simon), and Bumblebee. Anyone have any tips for finding Sinestro (i.e. where in the box his bags tend to be, feeling his hair, etc.)?

I managed to get both just by finding the power ring and battery and hoping for the best. I think you lucked out finding Simon first, since he's the harder one to find in my opinion. The key is finding Sinestro's hair which is the only unique piece he has compared to Simon, and it's a lot easier to find a piece that is there than trying to confirm one isn't there. If you're having a hard time identifying the piece itself, take a closer look at one in your collection if you have it to get a better feel for it.

10 hours ago, Stormfury said:

I think it will definitely be Diana / Wonder Woman, Steve and Barbara / Cheetah. I would be very surprised to see Maxwell Lord instead of Steve Trevor.

Maybe Lego will make a new "bum bag" piece for Steve?!

Has anyone got to the bottom of why some figures come in a bag in a bag? Having gone through most of the series there doesn’t seem to be rhyme nor reason for it, likewise who gets one posing stand and who gets two.

Regarding the forthcoming set, are Lego really going to be that dull and make a Wonder Woman set with her, Steve Trevor, a villain and a plane? I mean it seems likely but I really wish it wasn’t, unless there’s some ironic retrospective nod to borderline cloning themselves.

I really hope it's not another plane but let's face it, it's gonna be! Do we think they'll even commit to it being invisible by using all trans pieces? Or that it's gonna have a coloured technic frame, similar to the "clear" bit between the twin engines of Anakin's podracer?

3 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I really hope it's not another plane but let's face it, it's gonna be! Do we think they'll even commit to it being invisible by using all trans pieces?

I hope that it's a true "invisible" jet (well, the closest one can get to an invisible jet in Lego)!