Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

I'm disappointed that there's been a drop in quality of minifigures since the LEGO Batman movie. Those were the most beautifully designed minifigures that ever hit LEGO. Yet I see the sets are reverting to old and worse designs. Poison Ivy for example... was just sooooo much better. I know they probably had an unusual budget for designing those minifigures but I don't see why they didn't stick with some of those molds. They were GREAT. Even the DC Minifigure Series isn't up to the quality of those absolutely beautiful minifigures.

THIS. The printing quality as well is just getting worse and worse.

37 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

THIS. The printing quality as well is just getting worse and worse.

That is in my opinion the biggest problem with todays minifigures in general. 2019s Catwoman is by far my favourite design of that character, but her face isn't looking good with the pathetic print quality on a black head.

I think the Lego Batman Movie's designs were mostly great because they were making "minifigure versions" to beginn with taking isome inspiration from different versions and not trying to squeeze an actual costume into minifig form. For example the lovely Killer Croc with an retro krokodile head.

Edited by Gorilla94

9 hours ago, BrickG said:

I'm disappointed that there's been a drop in quality of minifigures since the LEGO Batman movie. Those were the most beautifully designed minifigures that ever hit LEGO. Yet I see the sets are reverting to old and worse designs. Poison Ivy for example... was just sooooo much better. I know they probably had an unusual budget for designing those minifigures but I don't see why they didn't stick with some of those molds. They were GREAT. Even the DC Minifigure Series isn't up to the quality of those absolutely beautiful minifigures.

They didn’t stick with the moulds because it was a separate, somewhat meta universe, and while some characters fit in well others are a little too over the top. Don’t get me wrong, I had an absolute field day when the sets came out, but I appreciate that they threw the kitchen sink at that theme. I would however disagree with you on the quality of the CMF, I’ve been teasing them out so my son doesn’t explode and get bored too quickly, but what I have seen so far has just been excellent. I may just be in my nostalgic honeymoon for them, but seeing Metamorpho, Huntress and 90s Aquaman in minifigure form was a good moment. They are better than the ones from the recent sets, to the point where Shazam looks underdressed next to them.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Did you guys see the descriptions for the upcomings sets on instagram? Do you think they're legit or fake?

It’s extremely extremely fake (if you mean those Lego batman movie 2 “descriptions”

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Did you guys see the descriptions for the upcomings sets on instagram? Do you think they're legit or fake?

Definetely fake, they're coming from the same guy who's saying he worked on TLBM2 sets (even though the movie never passed pre-production). And he only has 1 follower so that also says something about his legitimacy

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely fake, they're coming from the same guy who's saying he worked on TLBM2 sets (even though the movie never passed pre-production). And he only has 1 follower so that also says something about his legitimacy

Yea I just saw that post where he claims he worked on TLBM2.This alone proves that he's a charlatan.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:05 AM, LOTR34 said:

Yea I just saw that post where he claims he worked on TLBM2.This alone proves that he's a charlatan.

Where can I find this post on Instagram?

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Can you be a little more specific? :)

I don’t know why you wanna look when the info is super super super fake but the “account” is called lbm.post

One of my local Walmarts finally stocked the CMFs, but they only had a few out. Bizarrely, after feeling, there were only two Superman, two Metamorpho, and two Stargirl currently out, so I at least grabbed one of each. Sadly, none of my main man Jay. Nicely, though, they were out for the cheap price like before.

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know why you wanna look when the info is super super super fake but the “account” is called lbm.post

Because I'm a lbm fanatic! Lol

Just got 8 out of the 12 figures I wanted (got Flash, Supes, WW, Aquaman, Stargirl, Mr Miracle, Joker and Metamorpho - still need Sinestro, Huntress, Batmite and Cyborg). I'm really loving this series and the clear stands are fantastic! I usually order CMF figures from BrickLink because there are no toy stores near me but the BL prices are ridiculous for this series (retail price didn't go up here)

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just got 8 out of the 12 figures I wanted (got Flash, Supes, WW, Aquaman, Stargirl, Mr Miracle, Joker and Metamorpho - still need Sinestro, Huntress, Batmite and Cyborg). I'm really loving this series and the clear stands are fantastic! I usually order CMF figures from BrickLink because there are no toy stores near me but the BL prices are ridiculous for this series (retail price didn't go up here)

Currently have Metamorpho, Bumblebee flying backwards and blasting, Cyborg, Sinestro flying, Wonder Woman jumping, Flash running as fast as his neck bracket allows, Mr Miracle, Huntress and Bat-Mite at a jaunty angle. Bat-Mite is my favourite right now, his whole costume and the meta tile really work well together. His legs prevent decent posing with the stand, but if any of them should be abstract it’s Bat-Mite. 

I really want something different...

Batman Beyond line, with some of those characters!

And if not, I really want a Green Two_Face.

Anyone in the UK with a spare £150 kicking around might want to look at WHSmiths online. According to Bricksfanz they’ve knocked £60 off the price of a box of minifigures. 

Edited by RedHoodPug
Would help if I got the source right

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Anyone in the UK with a spare £150 kicking around might want to look at WHSmiths online. According to Bricksfanz they’ve knocked £60 off the price of a box of minifigures. 

Basically £2.50 per ‘fig!

Might do it but I already have Series 17 minifigures to sell.

10 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

None in stock :wall:

7 hours ago, Cobb said:

I really want something different...

Batman Beyond line, with some of those characters!

And if not, I really want a Green Two_Face.

Betman Beyond line could equal to new sets in

Flying Batmobie 

New Batcave

City of the future play set

Not sure ,is there more bat vehciles from the tv or comic run?

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Well that escalated quickly!

You're telling me! It was listed now there is no reference of DC minifigures on their website whatsoever now.

My local Walmart had them out with a price sticker of $2! I couldn’t believe it... I wasn’t too thrilled with this series so I was about to skip it, but couldn’t say no at that price! Felt through all the bags they had, and I believe I’m only missing Green Lantern. Haven’t opened them all to confirm such, but the three I’ve opened so far (Huntress, Miracle Man, and Cheetah) all look pretty great. I do wish the dollar sign was printed on both sides of the green sack.