Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/10/2020 at 5:06 AM, Guyon2002 said:
On 1/10/2020 at 4:56 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Hey @Falconfan1414 is that sheet on your IG legit please?

If you're referring to DC Series 2 then no. That's a teaser for @Ashnflash's second DC series coming tomorrow

For those interested, here it is... :wink:

8 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Just opened my box of the minifigures today.  The hardest to feel were definitely Green Lantern and Sinestro.  The are literally the same except Sinestro has an extra hair piece.  My favourites are Joker, Flash, Bubblebee and Batmite.  I'm not familiar with DC characters apart from the famous one.  I feel this series is not as good as the last two because this doesn't have much new pieces.  A bit more new hair piece or accessories would be nicer.  I'm happy it comes with 3 complete sets and 5 x Jokers in a box but at the same time this is one of the few series there are figure I don't really want to keep extras.

Thanks for posting this, I didn’t want to open all 60 from my box to post a confirmed distribution :classic:

Managed to pop into the Lego Store today - picked a few up, and have to say i'm very impressed with them and I really like the new clear 'action' piece... Flash, Batman and Metamorpho are brilliant... didn't spend too long feeling the packets - a staff member gave me a packaged Batman which had been put to one side as they said that the Batman had proven to be the most elusive figure.

Just now, dario2739 said:

Managed to pop into the Lego Store today - picked a few up, and have to say i'm very impressed with them and I really like the new clear 'action' piece... Flash, Batman and Metamorpho are brilliant... didn't spend too long feeling the packets - a staff member gave me a packaged Batman which had been put to one side as they said that the Batman had proven to be the most elusive figure.

I'm suprised OG Batman is so popular. To me it's just yet another Batman I couldn't be bothered with picking up, maybe if I see it for a good price on Bricklink I'll get him but it's definetely my least favorite figure of the series alongside Cheetah

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm suprised OG Batman is so popular. To me it's just yet another Batman I couldn't be bothered with picking up, maybe if I see it for a good price on Bricklink I'll get him but it's definetely my least favorite figure of the series alongside Cheetah

As a Batman fan I don't agree... I would say he's my personal favourite Batman so far - it's one they should have done ages ago... and to be honest Batman is still the no. 1 superhero character worldwide so no surprise on his popluarity... but I feel the same about Iron Man figures!

Also, as a fan of Batman and the Outsiders comic, Metamorpho was one of my most wanted, so really happy to get him.

My least favourites are Bumblebee and, surprisingly, Joker... think its the hairpiece, they could have used a better piece and don't like the jacket print going so far down his leg.

1 hour ago, dario2739 said:

As a Batman fan I don't agree... I would say he's my personal favourite Batman so far - it's one they should have done ages ago... and to be honest Batman is still the no. 1 superhero character worldwide so no surprise on his popluarity... but I feel the same about Iron Man figures!

Also, as a fan of Batman and the Outsiders comic, Metamorpho was one of my most wanted, so really happy to get him.

My least favourites are Bumblebee and, surprisingly, Joker... think its the hairpiece, they could have used a better piece and don't like the jacket print going so far down his leg.

Favorite and least favorite will be different for everyone ofcourse, I'm a Flash fan so my favorite is obviously Jay Garrick Flash. I'm more of a casual fan when it comes to Batman; I am familiar with most of his storylines, I know most of his enemies (some of them are even on my list of favorite bad guys of all time), I LOVED TLBM and played his games but yet another Batman variant doesn't really get me excited unless it's unlike anything we've gotten before. Overall I'm fairly happy with this series, there's just some figures I'm not that big a fan of. I completely understand people love FA Batman but I think he's a little meh. My dislike of the Cheetah figure comes from the source material, there are much better looks available for her than the FA / ''dress-up party'' look they chose for. 

15 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Thanks for posting this, I didn’t want to open all 60 from my box to post a confirmed distribution

you're welcome.  I usually don't open all of them just feel them and open only one set.  

Bought some blind bags randomly and was reminded why I hate blind bags. Got too many freakin' Aqua Mans... Sometimes there's points to having duplicate but there's basically no point to have any duplicates here. 

Thus far I've gotten Batman, Flash, Joker, Aquaman and Bat-Mite. I'm really, really happy with the quality of these figures. My favorite is probably Flash, but Batman is a close second.

8 hours ago, BrickG said:

Bought some blind bags randomly and was reminded why I hate blind bags. Got too many freakin' Aqua Mans... Sometimes there's points to having duplicate but there's basically no point to have any duplicates here. 

I somehow ended up with two Aquaman and three Bumblebee on my first run... Probably my two least favourite in the series and ones I was only getting one each of to complete the series.

5 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I somehow ended up with two Aquaman and three Bumblebee on my first run... Probably my two least favourite in the series and ones I was only getting one each of to complete the series.

Even though I don't like her Bumblebee has some nice parts, especially for those who love marvel as well. Her new hair is perfect for Infinity War Shuri and her wings would fit very well with Wasp 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even though I don't like her Bumblebee has some nice parts, especially for those who love marvel as well. Her new hair is perfect for Infinity War Shuri and her wings would fit very well with Wasp 

I loathe Shuri... :damn:

My local Toymaster sorts the figures, and they seemed to have more Aquaman than any of the others. Going through them slowly but so far with Huntress and Garrick I’m really pleased with the quality. I would say that he doesn’t need the neck bracket or lightning bolts if he’s going to run fast; ironically they hamper his arm movements.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

My local Toymaster sorts the figures, and they seemed to have more Aquaman than any of the others. Going through them slowly but so far with Huntress and Garrick I’m really pleased with the quality. I would say that he doesn’t need the neck bracket or lightning bolts if he’s going to run fast; ironically they hamper his arm movements.

And it makes it look like his head gets seperated from his body when he's running at superspeed

3 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I loathe Shuri... :damn:

I'm not a fan of her either but Bumblebee's hairpiece does work very well for her

Ordered six of the cmf on Lego.com (and some other stuff while using some saved vip points) and got Batman, Cyborg, Cheetah, Bat-mite, and two Jokers. Never ordered cmf online before and was happy I only got a single double as well as Batman which, according to others is rare. Today I managed find a box at Walmart (where they’re $3.44 btw) and got Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Sinestro, and Bumblebee through feeling. Could’ve kept going but only wanted to get six more. So far my favorites are Superman, Flash, Cyborg, and Sinestro. I have to say I’m really impressed with how high quality these figures are even compared to ones in sets. I hope they do a series 2 just for the possibility of Jon Kent Superboy, Zatanna, Red Robin, or Doctor Faye which were my most wanted that didn’t get in. Either way, I can’t wait to complete the set soon enough!

My local toy store sorts them and holds a complete set aside for customers that pre-order. Got a call today to say mine were ready. Love them all, but favourite has to be Huntress. Been hoping she'd appear in mf form since I started collecting Lego 3.5 years ago, so pleased to finally have her. The Flash and 1st appearance WW are a close 2nd/3rd. My wife saw the WW and now wants one too. Both kids want most o the series, so will probably be buying a few more of these. 

Just wondering if anyone has the Clayface Invasion Batcave and the Batwing. If so can you tell me the height of the top of the Batwing when it is placed onto the dock above the jail in the Batcave. Thanks.

1 hour ago, timemail said:

Just wondering if anyone has the Clayface Invasion Batcave and the Batwing. If so can you tell me the height of the top of the Batwing when it is placed onto the dock above the jail in the Batcave. Thanks.

If you can wait another five hours I’ll let you know  :thumbup: 

@Guyon2002 to be fair that happens to me when I run at super speed. It’s why I stopped.

If you're on the hunt, several Wal-Marts by me had the mini figures, even though Brickseek said that they were out of stock. Not sure why they aren't showing in the system. 

I'm disappointed that there's been a drop in quality of minifigures since the LEGO Batman movie. Those were the most beautifully designed minifigures that ever hit LEGO. Yet I see the sets are reverting to old and worse designs. Poison Ivy for example... was just sooooo much better. I know they probably had an unusual budget for designing those minifigures but I don't see why they didn't stick with some of those molds. They were GREAT. Even the DC Minifigure Series isn't up to the quality of those absolutely beautiful minifigures.

I saw a post on Instagram about cancelled LBM2 sets. It's a pity we won't get them, as the movie sets and figs are always leagues ahead of basically all the non-Star Wars licensed sets.

Just now, GeneralNumberOne said:

I saw a post on Instagram about cancelled LBM2 sets. It's a pity we won't get them, as the movie sets and figs are always leagues ahead of basically all the non-Star Wars licensed sets.

Sure, there’s a designer on IG just casually breaking every NDA on the planet :sarcasm: I doubt they were far enough into the production of the film to even have sets designed (with minifig spots even!) and I doubt even more someone who actually worked on it would spill the beans like that.

Besides, quite convenient to “leak” something that would never come out, making it harder to disprove, innit :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, there’s a designer on IG just casually breaking every NDA on the planet :sarcasm: I doubt they were far enough into the production of the film to even have sets designed (with minifig spots even!) and I doubt even more someone who actually worked on it would spill the beans like that.

Besides, quite convenient to “leak” something that would never come out, making it harder to disprove, innit :grin:

in that case, lets hope the movie wasn't binned, because I just need good DC figs injected directly into my bloodstream

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

I'm disappointed that there's been a drop in quality of minifigures since the LEGO Batman movie. Those were the most beautifully designed minifigures that ever hit LEGO. Yet I see the sets are reverting to old and worse designs. Poison Ivy for example... was just sooooo much better. I know they probably had an unusual budget for designing those minifigures but I don't see why they didn't stick with some of those molds. They were GREAT. Even the DC Minifigure Series isn't up to the quality of those absolutely beautiful minifigures.

TLBM was an entirely different theme though with a much higher budget

2 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

in that case, lets hope the movie wasn't binned, because I just need good DC figs injected directly into my bloodstream

Universal now has the rights to make future LEGO Movies so TLBM2 definetely isn't coming