Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

RE: Minifigs.  Has anyone else found this series really difficult to feel the bags for?

What with all the figures having the new "pose pieces"  and the bag-within-a-bag for the caped figures I seemed to take forever grabbing 6 ... and I wasn't even feeling for specific figs, I was just ensuring I didn't have duplicates.

I'm UK & despite checking the supermarkets & toy shops they usually show up in only my local Lego Store has them so far so perhaps feeling me self-conscious about standing out in the middle of the floor made me a little more fumbly.

That being said, every time I felt a Metamorpho bag i thought  there'd been a packing mistake & pieces had been left out as compared to the others it feels empty.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:55 PM, Duncan Young said:

I'm still assuming that, continuing on from the dark grey/black Batmobile, Batwing and Batcycle builds last year, we'll complete the usual set this year with a Batboat and Batcopter in those colours as well. 

That's what I'd expect too, but it's still a shame given the creative freedom they have with comic-based DC sets compared to other licensed themes. One thing that can be said for the color scheme of TLBM's Bat-Vehicles is that it retained some sense of maturity in spite of being more colorful than a more "realistic" choice of color scheme.

39 minutes ago, pjonze said:

RE: Minifigs.  Has anyone else found this series really difficult to feel the bags for?

What with all the figures having the new "pose pieces"  and the bag-within-a-bag for the caped figures I seemed to take forever grabbing 6 ... and I wasn't even feeling for specific figs, I was just ensuring I didn't have duplicates.

I'm UK & despite checking the supermarkets & toy shops they usually show up in only my local Lego Store has them so far so perhaps feeling me self-conscious about standing out in the middle of the floor made me a little more fumbly.

That being said, every time I felt a Metamorpho bag i thought  there'd been a packing mistake & pieces had been left out as compared to the others it feels empty.

Yeah having those extra parts in the bags is a pain. Got 13 out of the 16 on Friday, store was closing so I didn't have to finish the set. Missing Batman, Batmite and Stargirl, hopefully get them today.

Stopped at the local Walmart after work last night. They are a bit more difficult to feel for but I picked up a complete set of 16, extra Batmite, extra lanterns and a Flash. Took about half an hour but was a recently opened box and no one else was around. They were marked at $3.44 as others have said.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, pjonze said:

RE: Minifigs.  Has anyone else found this series really difficult to feel the bags?

It took me about 45 minutes to find a complete set, about 20 of that was just trying to differentiate between Simon baz and sinestro... very similar in pieces

2 hours ago, dario2739 said:

UK Collectors – anybody found them anywhere but the Lego Store yet?

Nope.  Although my local Tesco have put series 19 in the clearance section which is what they do every time a new series is imminent.

4 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Yup. My local TESCO store in Edinburgh has a bin of the DC figures. I picked up a handful yesterday. Mr Miracle is fantastic.

10 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Yep! I got my series in Fort Kinnaird's Smyths, Edinburgh.

Now begins the long wait for the next sets...

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yep! I got my series in Fort Kinnaird's Smyths, Edinburgh.

Now begins the long wait for the next sets...

Wonder Woman set should be soon to keep us going!

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Whereabouts?

Lego, Forbidden Planet, couple of others. The important thing is that my local Toymaster has advertised that they will have them ready sorted by the weekend, which means that I can get a set and the duplicates I want.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Lego, Forbidden Planet, couple of others. The important thing is that my local Toymaster has advertised that they will have them ready sorted by the weekend, which means that I can get a set and the duplicates I want.

Oof, thanks man!

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

No worries 

Hey @Falconfan1414 is that sheet on your IG legit please?

If you're referring to DC Series 2 then no. That's a teaser for @Ashnflash's second DC series coming tomorrow

Edited by Guyon2002
double post

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you're referring to DC Series 2 then no. That's a teaser for @Ashnflash's second DC series coming tomorrow

Isn’t that a bit fakey though? Using the original sheet just seems a bit of a tease.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Isn’t that a bit fakey though? Using the original sheet just seems a bit of a tease.

I think it’s very well done. It’s a good tease. It just takes a little bit of looking to realize that it is a great fan made thing

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think it’s very well done. It’s a good tease. It just takes a little bit of looking to realize that it is a great fan made thing

I don’t disagree that it’s well done, but to me if Ashnflash has that talent - and he clearly does - he could create his own look. Might just be me missing the point.

My dumb local Walmart still has practically nothing new, including the CMFs. Now Walmart’s website is showing $5 on them for me, so I may have missed the opportunity to get them cheaper since local stores never stock Lego on schedule.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t disagree that it’s well done, but to me if Ashnflash has that talent - and he clearly does - he could create his own look. Might just be me missing the point.

I think you missed the whole point of his series. He created a series consisting of his own choices for a series 2, which (looking at past lego products) would use the same packaging style as before if he wants to make it look like it could be an actual thing. And if a random person just looks at his photos for 2-3 seconds it'll be pretty clear that it isn't real. 

But back to topic

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think you missed the whole point of his series. He created a series consisting of his own choices for a series 2, which (looking at past lego products) would use the same packaging style as before if he wants to make it look like it could be an actual thing. And if a random person just looks at his photos for 2-3 seconds it'll be pretty clear that it isn't real. 

But back to topic

Eh, that would still be done with a fresh or at least slightly but noticeably different backdrop a la Simpsons or Disney. As I said I have no issue with the concept, it’s putting wish lists into a visual medium and they are always done really well, better than I could do. I would argue however that the exact same backdrop, the Lego logo, the DC logo, the small print and some very obvious silhouettes of known DC characters warrant more than 3-4 seconds to ascertain the legitimacy. Hence why I asked in the first place.  

Just opened my box of the minifigures today.  The hardest to feel were definitely Green Lantern and Sinestro.  The are literally the same except Sinestro has an extra hair piece.  My favourites are Joker, Flash, Bubblebee and Batmite.  I'm not familiar with DC characters apart from the famous one.  I feel this series is not as good as the last two because this doesn't have much new pieces.  A bit more new hair piece or accessories would be nicer.  I'm happy it comes with 3 complete sets and 5 x Jokers in a box but at the same time this is one of the few series there are figure I don't really want to keep extras.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:04 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Forbidden Planet

Aww man, I went to my local FP on wednesday and they didn't have any, maybe I was a day too early or maybe my one got the sort end to the stick, I'll have to check back soon.