Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the DC Superheroes 2020 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related DC Superhero discussion throughout 2020--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego DC Superhero discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Well we have 9 sets. 

1 we know of..

8 TBC

Plus any other promos they throw our way

Hoping for another healthy year of DC sets

10 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Well we have 9 sets. 

1 we know of..

8 TBC

Plus any other promos they throw our way

Hoping for another healthy year of DC sets

Some of those 9 are marvel just saying 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Some of those 9 are marvel just saying 

Which is kind of weird tbh, since we already got a lot of Marvel sets in January, plus three rumoured spring sets and now a summer wave :wacko:

Can you estimate how many of these 9 sets are based on DC? If I had to guess, I’d say around 6, so a fairly substantial wave :classic:

It’s interesting to see that kind of gap between Marvel and DC the second time in a row, but then again, 2017 and 2018 were very DC-heavy due to TLBM so maybe this is some form of justice? :grin: *insert Thanos quote/meme about the perfect balance of things*

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which is kind of weird tbh, since we already got a lot of Marvel sets in January, plus three rumoured spring sets and now a summer wave :wacko:

Can you estimate how many of these 9 sets are based on DC? If I had to guess, I’d say around 6, so a fairly substantial wave :classic:

It’s interesting to see that kind of gap between Marvel and DC the second time in a row, but then again, 2017 and 2018 were very DC-heavy due to TLBM so maybe this is some form of justice? :grin: *insert Thanos quote/meme about the perfect balance of things*

If I am guessing 76157 will be the first dc set of the year and the 76158-76160 and maybe 76161 but I don’t think there will be a lot of dc sets. Especially with the amount of marvel Disney plus shows coming plus eternals and black widow

has anyone sighted the DC collectible minifig series up for grabs in the UK yet? (I've not made it further than my local asda since the new year and dont want the trek to the toystore to be in vain lol)

If you are looking for DC Mini figures check you local Meijer store (if one is close to you) I seen them out at two different stores. Hopefully it will not be picked over by now. 

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If I am guessing 76157 will be the first dc set of the year and the 76158-76160 and maybe 76161 but I don’t think there will be a lot of dc sets. Especially with the amount of marvel Disney plus shows coming plus eternals and black widow

Ah man, I was hoping for more DC sets.

Hopefully we get some surprises as the years passes, as itS already a strong start with the CMFs.

Any idea what the the theme will be based on for the sets? Batman or SC universe?

4 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Any idea what the the theme will be based on for the sets? Batman or SC universe?

If they were all just Batman-themed sets once again, they could make it worthwhile and have all the Bat-Vehicles adopt the Red/Black/Dark Grey/Trans-Yellow color scheme that The LEGO Batman Movie utilized... :smug:

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If they were all just Batman-themed sets once again, they could make it worthwhile and have all the Bat-Vehicles adopt the Red/Black/Dark Grey/Trans-Yellow color scheme that The LEGO Batman Movie utilized... :smug:

That would be cool, but I think that colour scheme should be allocated for the LBM, you never know, they might sort something out.

I would like if they introduced a new colour scheme. What I don't know, let the Lego gods decide for us lol

Time will tell! 

20 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

That would be cool, but I think that colour scheme should be allocated for the LBM, you never know, they might sort something out.

I would like if they introduced a new colour scheme. What I don't know, let the Lego gods decide for us lol

Either way, I just want to see me some more Trans-Yellow windshield and canopy recolors from further Bat-Vehicle builds... :purrr:

Just seen the new DC minifigures for sale the first time at the LEGO Shop at Disneyland Paris (first time seeing the shop there too)

23 hours ago, MatBoyWonder said:

has anyone sighted the DC collectible minifig series up for grabs in the UK yet? (I've not made it further than my local asda since the new year and dont want the trek to the toystore to be in vain lol)

No unfortunately :cry_sad:

I checked my local:

• Midco
  • Tesco
  • Sainsbury’s
  • Entertainer
  • Argos

Nowhere had them!

34 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I checked my local:

• Midco
  • Tesco
  • Sainsbury’s
  • Entertainer
  • Argos

Nowhere had them!

No joy at any of the usual retailers in my neck of the woods (Cornwall) either. I asked at an independent toy shop and got a guestimate of middle of the month. Absolutely sickening when the yanks seem to have had them for weeks already. Which continent is Lego from again?

58 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I checked my local:

• Midco
  • Tesco
  • Sainsbury’s
  • Entertainer
  • Argos

Nowhere had them!

I tried my local shops again with no luck either! I actually got so impatient...  that I up and went to my nearest Lego Store at the Metrocentre, which happily had them in! After a staff member spent a good half an hour helping me feel at the bags, I walked away happy!

I've picked up Metamorpho, Batmite, Flash, Huntress, Green Lantern, Stargirl, Mr Miracle and Bumblebee (my 8 must haves as the new characters and they are all excellent).

Good Luck Hunting!!!

7 hours ago, Hellfire said:

No joy at any of the usual retailers in my neck of the woods (Cornwall) either. I asked at an independent toy shop and got a guestimate of middle of the month. Absolutely sickening when the yanks seem to have had them for weeks already. Which continent is Lego from again?

It sounded like my entertainer wouldn’t have them in until middle of the month too.

6 hours ago, MatBoyWonder said:

I tried my local shops again with no luck either! I actually got so impatient...  that I up and went to my nearest Lego Store at the Metrocentre, which happily had them in! After a staff member spent a good half an hour helping me feel at the bags, I walked away happy!

I've picked up Metamorpho, Batmite, Flash, Huntress, Green Lantern, Stargirl, Mr Miracle and Bumblebee (my 8 must haves as the new characters and they are all excellent).

Good Luck Hunting!!!

You’re very fortunate! It shouldn’t be too long until I get them.

Whatever we get this year for DC Superheroes altogether I'm hoping for some new heroes/villains from both Batman and DC comic themed sets. I'd love to see at least 6-8 sets for the whole year but until then I'll wait till official reveals. Happy 2020!

5 hours ago, PremierComix said:

Whatever we get this year for DC Superheroes altogether I'm hoping for some new heroes/villains from both Batman and DC comic themed sets. I'd love to see at least 6-8 sets for the whole year but until then I'll wait till official reveals. Happy 2020!

We will only have a summer release. As much as I hate to say it, we won’t get 6-8 sets. I hope we get more than usual to compensate for a lack of sets at the beginning of this year.

I'm still assuming that, continuing on from the dark grey/black Batmobile, Batwing and Batcycle builds last year, we'll complete the usual set this year with a Batboat and Batcopter in those colours as well. 

For minifigures, I also see a Rebirth Harley, Rebirth/New 52 Bane, and maybe Penguin to continue last year's collection of mainstay Batman villains. I would love a Rebirth Batgirl though (the grey costume that is) and a Rebirth Killer Moth would fit nicely with her. 

Would I like a greater variety in sets? Absolutely, but it's also Lego. I'm just glad last year finally gave me an official Firefly 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:09 PM, J4ck said:

I checked my local:

• Midco
  • Tesco
  • Sainsbury’s
  • Entertainer
  • Argos

Nowhere had them!

Do you have a local WHSmith? That's where I usually find new minifigure series though failing that they're often in Waterstones quite early as well

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Do you have a local WHSmith? That's where I usually find new minifigure series though failing that they're often in Waterstones quite early as well

Both of those are local, that’s fantastic, thank you very much!

Still impatiently waiting on my local Target or Walmart to get the DC CMFs in stock. Both have plenty of old series (Dinsney 2, Lego Movie 2, and series 19) Love the first appearance DC figs. Can’t wait to find them. Got the official “feel guide” ready. 

a little off topic guys, the creator 3-1 sets, they do they connect to the creator expert line?zz

Also the hidden side sets for the new wave, make up great back ground scenes for superhero sets, as mentioned by Just 2 Good. 

Also still no CMF in Oz!

thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm still assuming that, continuing on from the dark grey/black Batmobile, Batwing and Batcycle builds last year, we'll complete the usual set this year with a Batboat and Batcopter in those colours as well. 

For minifigures, I also see a Rebirth Harley, Rebirth/New 52 Bane, and maybe Penguin to continue last year's collection of mainstay Batman villains. I would love a Rebirth Batgirl though (the grey costume that is) and a Rebirth Killer Moth would fit nicely with her. 

Would I like a greater variety in sets? Absolutely, but it's also Lego. I'm just glad last year finally gave me an official Firefly 

like wise, rebirth designs are the way to go!

keep an eye out on the Batman run by the new writer, his saying he will introduce new vehicles in the next few issues,, 

I like the bat-vehicles, nice collection to my bat garage!, but it would also be ice to get some play sets.