Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

would you be happy with Lucius, Lockart, Rita, Tonks, Ginny and Molly

If Pomfrey ends up not appearing in the CMF, I'll be disappointed, she needs a minifigure so bad and there is the Hospital Wing in the Clock Tower.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

What kind of legs do you guys think they'll use on Professor Sprout? Considering she is a rather short person I'm torn between either small or medium legs, probably medium

Dress piece

If the Instagram hinter/leaker is telling the truth, we can only say that Rita is certainly in the CMF. Molly, Ginny, and Tonks can all be in the Burrow, whilst Lucius and Lockhart could be in the Diagon Alley. "The betrayer will join the collection", would indicate that Lockhart is also in the CMF ("the collection" + there could be two variants). Also, it could be that there are two variants for Tonks as well since her OotP appearance is probably more iconic than the one in HBP. There's still space for Poppy in the CMF and I think it is somewhat possible that she is included.

4 hours ago, DNSNVN01 said:

Set pictures of Lego harry potter coming April 25th

Read my stories carefully, people were asking me over and over when set pictures might come and that’s when they came last year

I think, and hope, that Madam Pomfrey will appear in the CMF. We got a hospital wing in the clocktower but no Pomfrey.
And the rumors say that there is gonna be a greenhouse in the next addition to hogwarts, and Pomona Sprout is in the CMF. 
Then Pomfrey would make the Hogwarts castle sets complete with locations and minifigures (Kind of). :)

Just now, TurboTj-DK said:

I think, and hope, that Madam Pomfrey will appear in the CMF. We got a hospital wing in the clocktower but no Pomfrey.
And the rumors say that there is gonna be a greenhouse in the next addition to hogwarts, and Pomona Sprout is in the CMF. 
Then Pomfrey would make the Hogwarts castle sets complete with locations and minifigures (Kind of). :)

Agreed.  I am 100% confident will will get Pomfrey.  I have no proof, but until proven otherwise I am not going to worry.

On the other hand we have Trelawney and no Divination classroom. Fingers crossed for Pomfrey though :) 

Okay, I’m not trying to sound greedy (well maybe I am) but what are the probabilities of getting yet another set for HBP, this time small? (Or even another for Ootp) It’s still odd to me that the 2nd wave is completely expensive, if it turns out being true. I always count out brickheadz and such, but the Hedwig isn’t even rumoured to come out in the 2nd wave :def_shrug: 

Lastly, I think Ootp needs a bit more love :p 

Just now, Otherworld said:

Okay, I’m not trying to sound greedy (well maybe I am) but what are the probabilities of getting yet another set for HBP, this time small? (Or even another for Ootp) It’s still odd to me that the 2nd wave is completely expensive, if it turns out being true. I always count out brickheadz and such, but the Hedwig isn’t even rumoured to come out in the 2nd wave :def_shrug: 

Lastly, I think Ootp needs a bit more love :p 

The chances of more sets are now pretty much zero with no more rumors. But with 2 really expensive sets and a CMF they've pretty much filled 2020 as much as possible. 

The Hedwig only comes in the buildable Hedwig sets as far as we know, she's expected to come in Privet Drive but that's not confirmed

And I personally don't want to get any more sets in 2020 

Edited by Guyon2002

46 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new picture of Dobby has leaked. He looks much better now IMO :thumbup: Hopefully the set includes a cake to justify his smile :devil_laugh:

It has to include a cake :D Hopefully, we'll soon see leaks of the Dursleys'.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new picture of Dobby has leaked. He looks much better now IMO :thumbup: Hopefully the set includes a cake to justify his smile :devil_laugh:

I agree, it was just a really weird angle last time I guess. A cake would be nice.

If we will get a new burrow do you think it will be the same size or a little bit bigger with more details?

The old one was about 70€.

Just now, Sir Godric said:

If we will get a new burrow do you think it will be the same size or a little bit bigger with more details?

I would expect it about to be the same size.

4 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

It's 30 euro's more expensive so it'll definetely be bigger. I just hope it has the big overhang the old one didn't have

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I would expect it about to be the same size.

But why 100€.

Did the price of LEGO go up that much?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's 30 euro's more expensive so it'll definetely be bigger. I just hope it has the big overhang the old one didn't have

I hope that too...

And maybe some more details of the kitchen.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just hope it has the big overhang the old one didn't have

Me too. The old set was great, but it can certainly be improved upon in terms of accuracy :grin:

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be a dress. If not a dress it will be normal sized legs. They've never given a somewhat short adult short or mid legs before.

Flitwick?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Flitwick?

he isnt somewhat short, he is SHORT.

New burrows set will have at least 300 pieces more than last time. 

Sprout does NOT have legs, you can see it in the leaked image of the cmf packaging.

Edited by deskp

1 hour ago, AlbusPercivalWulfricBrian said:

I think it will be the same size, but more accurate and detailed.

I‘m sure LEGO knows how important the burrow is to the HP fans and will improve the last one. :)

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. You really can’t make the Burrow much bigger than the 2010 version without it getting taller than the Hogwarts towers and verging on the point of ridiculous, but upping the detail level and adding to the piece count that way would definitely account for the price increase. Some leakers (of admittedly unknown reliability) have also been suggesting we’ll get more minifigures in this version, which would also increase the price. 

Details I’d like to see:

- a return of the owl mold in grey to represent Errol

- a new take on the fireplace and floo powder play feature, it would be cool to see flame pieces in trans green, since the 2010 simplified the whole thing with stickers

- double sided faces for Arthur and Molly, the poor 2010 versions had to stay cheerily smiling through the destruction of their home because lego sank all the minifigure budget for the set into Bellatrix and Greyback

- Ginny in her bathrobe - seriously lego, if you’re going to insist on recreating this ridiculous scene the movie wasted several minutes and tons of its budget on despite it being nowhere in the books, then you better be prepared to go full throttle 

what’s your opinions on this?

Assuming the burrow is the same height as the 2010 one (it has to be otherwise it would be taller than hogwarts towers) but if the burrow was fully enclosed? And the separate layers could be removed modular style

that would justify the price increase

7 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Assuming the burrow is the same height as the 2010 one (it has to be otherwise it would be taller than hogwarts towers) but if the burrow was fully enclosed? And the separate layers could be removed modular style

Nah, I think it will just be more detailed. The entire HP reboot has stayed away from fully enclosed buildings

9 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I don't expect any LEGO sets to be enclosed, or able to be closed, under the $150 level. Stuff like the Sanctum Santorum are incredibly rare.

Just now, doclord said:

I don't expect any LEGO sets to be enclosed, or able to be closed, under the $150 level. Stuff like the Sanctum Santorum are incredibly rare.

And that wasn't really meant to be enclosed