Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Definitely sounds like Peter Pettigrew. But Karkaroff could be on the table too. 

43 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

It just hit me that Lockhart actually betrayed Harry and Ron in CoS. He is a fan favourite so it could be possible... 

That would actually work quite well, though I wouldn't necessarily call him a fan favorite

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also there's pictures of the pirate hideout now and there's a new (I think) print in there of an old-timey looking letter on tan. Maybe this could be used for Privet Drive? 

I'm certain it will appear in the Privet Drive set but it's not a new piece, it originated from the Beauxbatons Carriage and was later reused in the HP Advent Calendar

14 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also there's pictures of the pirate hideout now and there's a new (I think) print in there of an old-timey looking letter on tan. Maybe this could be used for Privet Drive? 

That letter is from the HP theme, its in the advent calendar and the Beauxbaton set

If we get Rita Skeeter,  Karkaroff seems to be on the table. so theres a pair of Goblet figures.

Edited by deskp

Just now, Seaber said:

I think Wormtail wears the same costume through the films, with just his hand colour changing. 

He has a different costume in the old Order photo, and is seen in his Hogwarts robes in a flashback, but only very briefly. 

Doesn't seem like a good candidate for a CMF to me. 

Didn't think so either, but he's the most obvious character to fit the description.

I love having something to speculate on again but there is still the ''issue'' of wether or not this guy is reliable. He has basically no followers and not a single reputable leaker has backed up his claims/hints. I'm not saying everything he says is fake but I'm at least a bit skeptic....

I was just thinking. What if it's a Pettigrew mid transformation?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I love having something to speculate on again but there is still the ''issue'' of wether or not this guy is reliable. He has basically no followers and not a single reputable leaker has backed up his claims/hints. I'm not saying everything he says is fake but I'm at least a bit skeptic....

True, however he has been hinting at the burrow from before the leaks. And I must also say that no one has denied his rumors either. But we should indeed take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be quite hilarious if he is making it all up :D He has managed to get us excited and speculating. Anyhow, his hints regarding the Burrow and Diagon Alley seemed to be quite reliable. They could be just lucky guesses though. The Rita Skeeter hint is pretty specific, therefore, her inclusion or absence will expose this guy or prove his legitimacy. 

47 minutes ago, deskp said:

That letter is from the HP theme, its in the advent calendar and the Beauxbaton set

If we get Rita Skeeter,  Karkaroff seems to be on the table. so theres a pair of Goblet figures.

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would actually work quite well, though I wouldn't necessarily call him a fan favorite

I'm certain it will appear in the Privet Drive set but it's not a new piece, it originated from the Beauxbatons Carriage and was later reused in the HP Advent Calendar

Ah thanks for telling me, I don’t have either of those sets so didn’t know. Definitely going to be included now! Also has anyone found a way to attach a letter to an owl? 

Also Rita Skeeter and Karkaroff definitely sound like a reasonable pair for a CMF. It would be cool if Lego did two per film for a total of 16 but it seems quite unlikely considering so far:

PS figures: none 

COS figures: Sprout, Myrtle, Dumbledore

POA: Neville 

GOF: none 

OotP: Kingsley, Bellatrix

HBP: Harry, Luna

DH: Griphook 

I think Lockhart has to be in the CMF, as they've gone out of their way to include the full lineup of DAtDA teachers for the most part.

Full centaur leaked! You may have to dig beyond the excellent pirate stuff though :D

It looks great!!! 

Edited by Seaber

14 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It would be cool if Lego did two per film for a total of 16 but it seems quite unlikely considering so far:

PS figures: none 

COS figures: Sprout, Myrtle, Dumbledore

POA: Neville 

GOF: none 

HBP: Harry, Luna

DH: Griphook 

You are forgetting how a fair amount of the figures are from multiple movies.

PS: Dumbledore

CoS: Dumbledore, Myrtle, Sprout

PoA: Neville

GoF: Myrtle

HBP: Kingsley, Luna

DH: Kingsley, Griphook

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

For the new cmf series, does anyone else hope that on the stands they print HP, like how they printed the Batman lego for that 2nd series?

I hope they don't. Those stands are quite usefull for building, those prints make them pretty much useless

2 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

For the new cmf series, does anyone else hope that on the stands they print HP, like how they printed the Batman lego for that 2nd series?

No. It wouldn't go with the last series, but, more importantly, to me it would detract from the figure.

Oh wow, the centaur lioms incredible. I really hope we at least get a different hairpiece for the secon centaur tho...

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

No. It wouldn't go with the last series, but, more importantly, to me it would detract from the figure.

First Batman series didn't gave printed stands, but the second one did. But it's really unlikely with HP tho.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First Batman series didn't gave printed stands, but the second one did. But it's really unlikely with HP tho.

I'm not saying it can't happen because of that, I'm saying I wouldn't like it because of that. But I just wouldn't like printing on the stands anyway.

Edited by BacktoBricks

The centaur looks even better now that I've seen the better picture.

Printed base plates would be nice, I can imagine it just being the lightning scare. That said I don't think it will happen, they've pretty much gone back to regular tiles. I think otherwise the dc series would've had printing as well.

56 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Full centaur leaked! You may have to dig beyond the excellent pirate stuff though :D

It looks great!!! 

Other than not being a fan of the dark hair/light tail, I quite like it.

This is off the current topic but I would be interested to hear your wishlists regarding minifigures and potential sets. My most anticipated set is probably a remake of the Shrieking Shack. I actually missed the set back in 2004 as a kid and it has bothered me ever since :D The Shack is one of my favourite buildings in the series and I love how it was done in the film (which is cinematically easily the best of the bunch imo). It would be fun if they'd manage to add a swaying motion to the building.

Minifigures that are at the top of my wishlist are werewolf Lupin, Gilderoy Lockhart (an asylum variant would be hilarious), Myrtle and Dolohov (who is my favourite death eater from the books). What are your most anticipated sets or minifigures, and why?

Loove the new clearer pictures of Luna, Bellatrix, Fenrir and the centaur. I specially like Fenrir and Luna! Also, I dislike Bellatrix a bit less now.

Just now, thenudeorganist said:

This is off the current topic but I would be interested to hear your wishlists regarding minifigures and potential sets. My most anticipated set is probably a remake of the Shrieking Shack. I actually missed the set back in 2004 as a kid and it has bothered me ever since :D The Shack is one of my favourite buildings in the series and I love how it was done in the film (which is cinematically easily the best of the bunch imo). It would be fun if they'd manage to add a swaying motion to the building.

Minifigures that are at the top of my wishlist are werewolf Lupin, Gilderoy Lockhart (an asylum variant would be hilarious), Myrtle and Dolohov (who is my favourite death eater from the books). What are your most anticipated sets or minifigures, and why?

Yess i also like to have the shrieking shack.

2 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

The problem with this is something you already said yourself: wishlist. This thread is for the discussion of 2020 news, rumors and official announcements. There's nothing wrong with wishlisting but in a thread like this one there's a good chance of it leading to false rumors and a bunch of angry people.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The problem with this is something you already said yourself: wishlist. This thread is for the discussion of 2020 news, rumors and official announcements. There's nothing wrong with wishlisting but in a thread like this one there's a good chance of it leading to false rumors and a bunch of angry people.

Sorry, I interpreted the 'discussion' as an independent title rather than meaning 'discussion about rumours'.  I just thought it would've been interesting to hear some of your wishlists and reasons behind them. But yeah, it might be for the best not to wishlist etc. since rumours tend start when people read something without knowing the context.

I’m sure we’ll get another Bellatrix figure down the line and hopefully that one will have skirt printing. The centaur looks amazing! I can’t wait to get multiples of that set! 

The centaur is perfect.

We got really many leaks in the last days.

That makes the Coronatimes a little bit better.