Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ravenclaw common room, greenhouses and Slughorn's office.

As for the minifigures it includes Harry, Hermione, Ron, Malfoy, Neville, Luna, Lavender Brown and Slughorn.

There was also the astronomy classroom right?

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ravenclaw common room, greenhouses and Slughorn's office.

As for the minifigures it includes Harry, Hermione, Ron, Malfoy, Neville, Luna, Lavender Brown and Slughorn.

It bears mentioning that all this info is based off of previews seen behind the curtain at Toy Fair, which historically have been incomplete builds, not always easy to fully identify and ultimately subject to changes. For instance, last year we didn’t hear about Cedric being in the Clocktower set until long after the rest of the minifigure lineup leaked, and a few otherwise reliable leakers reported a dog in the Hagrid’s Hut set, which we can only assume was edited out before the final product. 

I’m not saying this to discourage anyone, but I wouldn’t take the leaks as be all end all set descriptions until we get the official photos from Lego (I’m particularly worried about those who are setting their hopes on a Ravenclaw common room, which could so easily be mixed up with an astronomy classroom). 

22 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

There was also the astronomy classroom right?

I don't think so.

19 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

It bears mentioning that all this info is based off of previews seen behind the curtain at Toy Fair, which historically have been incomplete builds, not always easy to fully identify and ultimately subject to changes. For instance, last year we didn’t hear about Cedric being in the Clocktower set until long after the rest of the minifigure lineup leaked, and a few otherwise reliable leakers reported a dog in the Hagrid’s Hut set, which we can only assume was edited out before the final product. 

I’m not saying this to discourage anyone, but I wouldn’t take the leaks as be all end all set descriptions until we get the official photos from Lego (I’m particularly worried about those who are setting their hopes on a Ravenclaw common room, which could so easily be mixed up with an astronomy classroom). 

Of course it could change, but only slightly. As we know the official pictures are already ready (like September CMF ones), so there's not much they can change.

I also kind of hope we get a boys bathroom in the astronomy tower so that Harry and Draco can duel- the version of Harry would’nt be hard to make- requiring the regular jumper and black legs with the new head and hair. It’s the Draco variant which would be difficult since he wears a shirt and slytherin tie. Would be nice to get that variant in the CMF seeing as we’ll likely get the black suit Draco in the astronomy tower- though some may see bathroom Draco as a wasted spot, but I certainly would love it! 

2 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I also kind of hope we get a boys bathroom in the astronomy tower so that Harry and Draco can duel- the version of Harry would’nt be hard to make- requiring the regular jumper and black legs with the new head and hair. It’s the Draco variant which would be difficult since he wears a shirt and slytherin tie. Would be nice to get that variant in the CMF seeing as we’ll likely get the black suit Draco in the astronomy tower- though some may see bathroom Draco as a wasted spot, but I certainly would love it! 

Draco's outfit during that scene only requires a new torso print and there aren't really any interesting accesories to go along with it so I personally wouldn't want to see it in the CMF. If the CMF does come with a variant of Draco I'd rather get him in generic Slytherin robes with a wacky accesory like a ferret (as some people have suggested). I guess you could say it wouldn't make sense to have a figure with himself in another form as the accessory but LEGO has done that before in TLBM S2, Zan's (the male Wonder Twin) accessory is himself in his water form.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think so.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Here's some more info on the builds of the sets:

[...]

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower: includes the Astronomy classroom (top of the tower), Ravenclaw common room and Slughorn's office. There may be more figures than we currently know of, this is not confirmed. It's possibly the largest Hogwarts extension to date

[...]

EDIT: all of this info is reliable as it comes from Stonewars

I found it again, there was indeed supposed to be both a classroom and a common room.

In other news, part of Luna's slugclub party torso has leaked! :D

2 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Where? Checking the usual places and can't seem to find it

It's a really blurry photo posted by kingwong but you can't really make out anything other than a few lines so it's not really worth looking for

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a really blurry photo posted by kingwong but you can't really make out anything other than a few lines so it's not really worth looking for

Yeah the whole figure will probably follow very soon, they usually do after a tease like this

Sorry, but his leaks are pretty much useless. 144p picture of a small part of her torso is not useful.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah the whole figure will probably follow very soon, they usually do after a tease like this

This guy doesn't. Let's hope someone else has this minifig.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not likely, he has only been teasing us with a few pics but all the full leaks came from someone else

EDIT: ninja'd 

Edited by Guyon2002

Do we know if the upcoming Slughorn and Umbridge figures in the Astronomy Tower and Forbidden Forest respectively will be repeats of the 2018 Bricktober figures, or new variants?

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Do we know if the upcoming Slughorn and Umbridge figures in the Astronomy Tower and Forbidden Forest respectively will be repeats of the 2018 Bricktober figures, or new variants?

We don't really know but I'm certain they're going to be new variants. Reusing their Bricktober figures would be a pretty awfull thing to do for the people who spend a lot of time and money hunting them down

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We don't really know but I'm certain they're going to be new variants. Reusing their Bricktober figures would be a pretty awfull thing to do for the people who spend a lot of time and money hunting them down

That's good, because that's what I'm doing at the moment :laugh:

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Obviously we can’t say for certain yet, but given Lego’s commitment to screen accuracy we can make some guesses to what versions will be in the sets. 

For instance, in the Forbidden Forest scene with Grawp and the centaurs Umbridge wears a solid fuchsia dress, which is a far cry from the pink cardigan and pink plaid skirt from the bricktober pack. 

Slughorn is harder to say for certain, since we don’t know categorically that the Astronomy Tower encompasses a single scene, and we can’t say for certain that the Luna torso in her dress from Slughorn’s party isn’t from, say, an advent calendar. However, if the Astronomy Tower does include the Christmas party then Slughorn’s outfit from that scene has a few differences from the bricktober one (like tassels and a fancier waistcoat). Duel molded and printed legs like the Moody and Newt figs in the CMF would also be an improvement that set it apart, but who knows if we’ll get that lucky. 

Tbh I just want Slughorn in his pyjama or chair outfit xD. But most importantly his hat, preferably a new hair/hat combo but the existing mold would work as well.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Reusing their Bricktober figures would be a pretty awfull thing to do for the people who spend a lot of time and money hunting them down

I think the only parts they'll be reusing are the face prints, which I certainly wouldn't mind :classic:

51 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Slughorn is harder to say for certain, since we don’t know categorically that the Astronomy Tower encompasses a single scene, and we can’t say for certain that the Luna torso in her dress from Slughorn’s party isn’t from, say, an advent calendar. However, if the Astronomy Tower does include the Christmas party then Slughorn’s outfit from that scene has a few differences from the bricktober one (like tassels and a fancier waistcoat). Duel molded and printed legs like the Moody and Newt figs in the CMF would also be an improvement that set it apart, but who knows if we’ll get that lucky. 

It's WAY too early for september figures to leak, that Luna figure is definetely coming in the Astronomy Tower

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's WAY too early for september figures to leak, that Luna figure is definetely coming in the Astronomy Tower

Probably, which means all the other students are probably in their Slug Club outfits too, with the exception of Ron, Lavender, and Draco 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we know when lego normally starts producing their sets? I really dont hope korona stops this wave...

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. The calendar minifigs should be the last ones to leak :classic: And the characters having their Slug Club outfits makes perfect sense, considering last year's Yula Ball outfits :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Probably, which means all the other students are probably in their Slug Club outfits too, with the exception of Ron, Lavender, and Draco 

Draco actually does crash the Christmas party, wearing his black suit, so if most of the characters are from that scene the only ones whose outfits are up for debate are Ron and Lavender. 

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Draco actually does crash the Christmas party, wearing his black suit, so if most of the characters are from that scene the only ones whose outfits are up for debate are Ron and Lavender. 

If they aren't in their uniforms, those two lovebirds could always be in the outfits they wore on the train ride leaving Hogwarts for Christmas break. (Alternatively, Ron could be in Quidditch fatigues if that costume isn't in the CMF, but I think that's less likely.)

Good point, Draco, Ron, and Lavender don't have appropriate costumes to go along with the others...

How about Draco after he's hit with Sectumsempra, Ron after having been poisoned and Lavender after Greyback started munching on her... Wait, wrong film :laugh_hard: Ok, that's bit mean, but these two characters stand for my two least favorite subplots in the entire franchise and both happen to be in HBP. The Draco subplot was far too obvious for my liking (he's repairing a vanishing cabinet in the RoR, gee, I wOnDeR wHaT hE's uP tOo) and the lubby-dubby subplot makes my skin crawl. I really like HBP otherwise, but OotP is just far superior IMO. So I don't mind at all that LEGO also seem to prioritise OotP :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I really like HBP otherwise, but OotP is just far superior IMO. So I don't mind at all that LEGO also seem to prioritise OotP :grin:

Depends on wether or not you're referring to the movies or books. All my opinions of course but HBP is the best book with OotP being on the lower end of the list. The movies are completely different though. HBP is quite boring and only really takes off in the last part while OotP is far more enjoyable and on the high end of the list.